ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commemorating another year of the "superblow" threads!
© Unknown author with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What songs did the songs cover by Otis redding? Return to archive
31st January 2007 09:23 PM
Jcards12returns what otis redding songs did the stones cover? Thanks
31st January 2007 09:24 PM
steel driving hammer Not this one.

Mick in crowd.

[Edited by steel driving hammer]
31st January 2007 09:26 PM
pdog Otis did Satisfaction...
I know he wrote Mr. pitiful... There's a few song Otis recorded that The Stones did, but I'm not sure Otis wrote them or even who recorded what first...
good question...
31st January 2007 09:28 PM
pdog if Sway was around he'd mention The Crowes doing Hard To Handle...
31st January 2007 09:32 PM
guitarman53 "Pain in My Heart" comes to mind, & of course "I've been Lovin' you to long"
31st January 2007 09:36 PM
Fiji Joe Here you go:

Pain In My Heart (Neville), Single Released October 1963 - "The Rolling Stones, Now!"

That's How Strong My Love Is (Jamison), Single Released December 1964 - "Out Of Our Heads"

I've Been Loving You Too Long (Redding/Butler) - "Got Live If You Want It!", "More Hot Rocks" SACD version, & "For Collector's Only" German LP.

I Can't Turn You Loose (Redding/Cropper/Robinson) - Played Live on US 2002 Tour

Mr. Pitiful (Cropper/Redding), Single Released December 1964 - Played Live on US 2005 Tour

Satisfaction (Jagger/Richard) Released February 1966 - Live versions played by the Stones in 1969 and 1972 with Stevie Wonder were heavily influenced by this cover version by Redding. Jagger has commented on his particular favor of this version of the song over the years.

Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song) - Played Live Chicago, Illinois July 24, 1975

31st January 2007 10:00 PM
guitarman53 I'll rest my case on the Beatles for now, you're very up to date on the Otis Redding songs covered by the Stones, thank you for this, I'm just going by my memory from the 60's, but you're very excellent on the songs, you sound like a good friend to know, just this Beatle thing (ha)
31st January 2007 10:09 PM
Throwaway Otis' version (while not an original) of "For Your Precious Love" is better than the Stones', IMO!
31st January 2007 10:13 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Otis' version (while not an original) of "For Your Precious Love" is better than the Stones', IMO!

Yeah but thats the only one.
1st February 2007 07:19 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Otis' version (while not an original) of "For Your Precious Love" is better than the Stones', IMO!

Jerry Butler did the original (and still the best) version of 'For Your Precious Love' in 1958
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)