ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commemorating another year of the "superblow" threads!
© Unknown author with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: help me to find keith skull ring! Return to archive
30th January 2007 05:27 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff I need help from you people!
A friend of mine is workin' to "built" the Keith skull ring.
I need some very close up pics to send her!
Or some web sites of other artist who just had the work,...I remember time ago some stuff here on the board...

A strange curiousity is that Keith doesn't have only ONE ring, but sure he got many, 'cause I check on bad photos but they are different for the shape.

all suggestion are welcome
thanks !
Fabio
30th January 2007 05:31 PM
steel driving hammer Try calling your local mall rock and roll "I love black punk shit shop"

Trust me if I can get one here, you can get one there.

Only difference is I'm dressed in Polos, not black.
30th January 2007 05:36 PM
pdog eBay has some too.
i had a friend have a jeweler make one, the mold cost a shitload of money, but if you get lucky, maybe you'll find a jeweler who has done one already!
Stay away from malls, and polo shirts!
30th January 2007 05:36 PM
SweetVirginia There a lots of them on eBay.

Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KEITH-RICHARDS-SKULL-RING-Sz-7-5-100-Sterling-Silver_W0QQitemZ320074934159QQihZ011QQcategoryZ48766QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

30th January 2007 05:41 PM
steel driving hammer lol, he wants one now, Ebay take forever.

Mall is the best bet.

Tell ya, there's nothing more confusing than a clean cut, polo wearing, teeth brushing, handsome looking, Al Pacino eyes having, swish in my stepping, Stones loving, Republican voting stud muffing with a crack pipe in pants.

Thats all in the past, please don't tear me up...
30th January 2007 05:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
A strange curiousity is that Keith doesn't have only ONE ring, but sure he got many, 'cause I check on bad photos but they are different for the shape.

he only wears the same one now for the simple reason that the arthritis in his fingers is so pronounced that he has been physically unable to remove it for the last decade.

There was one available on the official site for a limited time in early 1998. Thats where I got mine. Considering the tacky garbage that rs.com bombard us with on a regular basis, I'm amazed that they havent brought this piece of merchandise back in the last 9 years because there WOULD be a demand for it.

However, the design of the skull on the version that the fans were able to buy is SLIGHTLY different from the one that Keith has (as well as being smaller). Its not a replica, as such.
30th January 2007 05:42 PM
pdog
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
lol, he wants one now, Ebay take forever.

Mall is the best bet.

Tell ya, there's nothing more confusing than a clean cut, polo wearing, teeth brushing, handsome looking, Al Pacino eyes having, swish in my stepping, Stones loving, Republican voting stud muffing with a crack pipe in pants.

Thats all in the past, please don't tear me up...

You don't have a drug problem you've got a fashion problem... Ha!
30th January 2007 06:08 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Thanks guys but...I can't explain it!
my friend is jewellery artist and she needs to see the original skull , the more big is, the more she can work...
maybe I need a large pic of the cover of TALK IS CHEAP to see the skull...

the one on e-bay is not a keith skull original design...

I saw that on some fuckin' web site but i don't remember...

anyway thanks!
[Edited by Fabio Hot Stuff]
30th January 2007 06:09 PM
mojoman Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Money

Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Fancy things

The touch of a hand in the wasteland
you're walking asleep and dreaming cheap
A bird's wing don't beat for free
You're freezing cold and your family

Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Money

Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Fancy things

Fingers on fire to do what's bad
Ring on the finger is a skull man
Strong as a bar of steel
Weakness is that you can't feel

Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Money

Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Fancy things

My life is dirtied, my mind is loaded
I'm feeling and breathing and fighting
To see
People get ready now
Baby come on give your heart to me

Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Money

Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Fancy things
30th January 2007 06:17 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Skull rings
Fast cars
Hot chicks
Fancy things

well now the only thing I have is the HOT CHICK, that she became my wife two months ago!
that's why my friend want to make me the skull ring!
the marriage gift!!!
30th January 2007 09:17 PM
SweetVirginia Does this help?

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
30th January 2007 09:24 PM
pdog Does he really need the "jaws of life" to take it off Gazza?
30th January 2007 11:27 PM
GotToRollMe I love that ring, but what I'd really like to get my hands on is the bracelet. I've never seen a decent replica of that anywhere.
31st January 2007 12:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Contact Ulf, he has a friend Jan who can help you. I think he still sick (in the medical sense LOL)

Mail me or PM-me to give you his e-mail or find it here http://user.bahnhof.se/~hasu/Ulflist/

31st January 2007 05:56 AM
razorback May be this one could help ??
Taken from "talk is cheap" artwork

[Edited by razorback]
31st January 2007 09:56 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff thanks!
When the ring will get ready I'll post the artwork!
thank you very much indeed
ƒabio
31st January 2007 10:03 AM
oldkr actually Keith has and has had a bunch of skull rings and removes it regularly to have it cleaned and refinished, he had it on the 'wrong' finger at some B2B gigs also. The talk is cheap ring is a different ring from the B2B to now ring.

OLDKR
31st January 2007 10:17 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Thanks OldKR,
what does it mean b2b?

I think the ring he have on Talk is Cheap is definitive THE KEITH SKULL RING, less stylized and lil' bit more realistic

Fabio

31st January 2007 10:28 AM
oldkr b2b = Bridges To Babylon Tour

theres a dutch guy on ebay that makes real good keith rings for about $250

OLDKR
31st January 2007 10:29 AM
LadyJane KR...so Keith CAN remove the ring?

Despite the arthritis??

LJ.
31st January 2007 10:37 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff theres a dutch guy on ebay that makes real good keith rings for about $250
why I must pay 250 dollars when I can have it free?
lol
31st January 2007 12:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
actually Keith has and has had a bunch of skull rings and removes it regularly to have it cleaned and refinished, he had it on the 'wrong' finger at some B2B gigs also. The talk is cheap ring is a different ring from the B2B to now ring.

OLDKR

he must have had some treatment in recent years then to have been able to do that.

However, the arthritis problem as I understood it kicked in from around/after the BTB tour, not before.
[Edited by Gazza]
31st January 2007 06:11 PM
oldkr agree on the arthritis, but yes he can remove it, its actually quite loose on his finger, thats why it's often turned around... I cant remember if its this ring or the last one but its a wrap around 'ring' part, rather than a solid one, could be one way he gets it off!

OLDKR
31st January 2007 08:18 PM
Homercles Check this site out: http://www.serioussilver.com/handmade_silver_gold_jewelry_details.php?ide=61
1st February 2007 01:02 PM
z

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)