ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commemorating another year of the "superblow" threads!
© Unknown author with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I got a new ride today. Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th January 2007 12:16 AM
Sir Stonesalot 1974 Chevy Nova SS. 425 hp/350 V8.

Pure Detroit Muscle.

This is a before picture. Come this spring, it'll look like a different car.

LOOK! It even has my initials on it!

If you lined up 400 horses, and had them try to pull my car...I'd pull them instead. How? With THIS!

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
30th January 2007 12:21 AM
_Boomy_ Nice. Very nice.
30th January 2007 12:31 AM
Sir Stonesalot Vrooooom Vroooooooooom VVVVVRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!

This summer...drag racing pics. From inside the car while I'm ripping down the track.

And, if I can locate a bikini car wash, pics of hot chicks waxing my hood.

30th January 2007 12:39 AM
gypsy Congratulations, SS! That is a bad ass car.
Have you listened to "Midnight Rambler" in it yet?
30th January 2007 12:52 AM
steel driving hammer You didn't buy any new teeth?
30th January 2007 12:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot No battery in it. See engine shot.

It had Antique plates on it. In my state, if you have Antique plates on yer car, you don't have to have state inspection on it. That would be great, except that if you have an Antique plate then you can't drive at night. So that's right out.

This car is...uhhhhh....not really street legal yet. I gotta put a new enviormental emissions thingy in the exhaust system. But I'll offset that with upgrading to 2.5 " exhaust pipes and Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers. That will more than make up for any loss of hp due to emissions control devices. There's some other things that are not quite street legal about it, but I should be able to hide those. I hope to have it inspected and on the road next week. Weather permitting.

However, Midnight Rambler will be the first thing that comes out of my speakers after I get it inspected.

Gyps...if you were anywhere near me, I'd pick you up...and we'd have us some fun.
30th January 2007 12:57 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yo Tony.

Put down the crack pipe ya stupid fuck.

Stay outta my face.
30th January 2007 01:20 AM
GotToRollMe Damn, that's one fine-ass car. Have fun, SS!
30th January 2007 01:57 AM
Jumacfly Please Xzibit pimp my ride!
30th January 2007 04:03 AM
Erik_Snow Looks like a tougher version of my old car,
not my photos

I hope your car is more solid than mine
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
30th January 2007 05:38 AM
FotiniD Mean looking, big car. Love it. Don't know the English equivalent for a nice-going, good-luck car, so, "kaloriziko"! Have fun driving it.

P.S. Love the glimpse of the neigborhood too.
30th January 2007 07:45 AM
Madafaka Awesome car! I want a mp3 of this magic sound: Brrrrrooooooooom! Holly shit, I love v8!
30th January 2007 07:50 AM
lotsajizz You, sir, have fine tastes!! What's the engine in that car? I owned a 1974 Nova myself, from 1981 to 1989, an 8 cylinder model. The thing ran like a toilet at low speeds but really hit another level over 75 mph. It was also a gas/oil guzzler. I've been all Toyota since....

30th January 2007 08:15 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Nice ride!

However, saving for any future Stones shows is out of the question now...

[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
30th January 2007 09:49 AM
charlotte SS, have you gotten your knob gobbled in that super fine "get plenty of ass" machine?
30th January 2007 09:54 AM
Taptrick
Very nice. Do you like the color or will you be changing?

30th January 2007 09:57 AM
Lil Brian
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote: However, Midnight Rambler will be the first thing that comes out of my speakers after I get it inspected.

SS: Does that have factory 8-track? :-)
30th January 2007 10:14 AM
Lil Brian My granddad sold Chevys at a dealership in Nebraska for years. I think he got started in ‘51. He'd drive the demonstrators over to the house all the time, the Nomads, the SS’s, Vettes, all that shit, everything, brand new. I remember some of the Vettes were stripped down to be race cars straight from the factory, no heater, no radio. Made to burn!
30th January 2007 10:30 AM
killerbitch That is a beautiful car!! My friend's mom had a Nova, it was gold in color.
The guys in her neighborhood were constantly asking her to sell it. She drove
like a bat out of Hell when she got behind the wheel. Those Nova's are worth
some $$$$$$ I can tell you that!! Once you fix that car up right, you are
going to be riding on some dough and makin' it go!! I see people in my
town with old cars all the time, fixed up like brand new and more. Sixties
Mustangs are really popular. Anyone have a 1966 GTO?

Beautiful car SirStonesalot!! Please post pics when it is finished.
30th January 2007 10:38 AM
egon
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Very nice. Do you like the color or will you be changing?

that's against all the rules!
30th January 2007 11:32 AM
*ginda You and your new ride put me in mind of that old Sonics tune - "Boss Hoss". Enjoy!
30th January 2007 12:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, to answer some questions.

The engine is a 350 V8. It dyno's at 425 hp. It has a Muncie 350 turbo automatic transmission, with a shift kit installed. 650 Holley double pumper carb(it's getting a fresh rebuild on it). The rear end is 4:11 posi. A new 2.5" exhaust with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers is going on within a week.

Once the weather gets a little better, I'm guessing late March/early April, it will be getting fresh paint and new shoes. No sense doing that until the roads get all that salt/calcium/cinders crap offa it. I'm leaning towards Metallic Red Wine. I will also get black Chevy "SS" stripes on the hood and deck lid. The white stripe that is along the bottom will be replaced by a matching black accent stripe. I will be getting new Keystone Klassic chrome racing wheels. They have some black accents in the inserts, so that will go nicely. The metallic paint really akes all that chrome pop off the car.

>Please Xzibit pimp my ride!<

If that fucker comes within 50 feet of my car, I will shoot his ass dead.

There will be no "pimpin". No stupid hood scoops or spoilers. No big fat mag tires on the back. No jackin' the air shocks up. Aside from the custom paint, this will be a very stock looking SS Nova. It isn't stock, of course, but it will look that way.

This will be a car that has a classic look, but also makes it known that it has evil on it's mind. Ginda...Boss Hoss will be song #2 on the playlist...good call.

I will post before and after pics later this spring.

Thanks for all the well wishes and nice words. I'm stoked about having a hot rod, and it was nice to share my excitement with you all.
30th January 2007 12:55 PM
Riffhard Damn nice ride Essy!! I can hear that thing all the way down the Jersey Shore! I think your paint selection sounds like a perfect match. I agree that if that Pimp My Ride show got within' fifty miles of that ride I'd tell 'em to FO. Now,Chip Foose on the other hand.....Well just think what he would do to that car?! Sounds like you have got yourself a fun little side project in the coming weeks and months. Enjoy bro! Congrats!

Riffy
30th January 2007 12:56 PM
Some Guy Too damn cool!!
30th January 2007 12:58 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

>Please Xzibit pimp my ride!<

If that fucker comes within 50 feet of my car, I will shoot his ass dead.

I was looking for this kind of brilliant response Sir!
30th January 2007 01:00 PM
pdog keep it garaged between Oct. and March if possible, unless you have more warm Falls like last year!
30th January 2007 01:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot LOL!

The wife is not happy about giving up the garage. I had to promise to have one of those keyless remote starters installed on her SUV. That way she'll have a warm car to get in when she goes to work in the AM. That's a fair compromise, yeah?

I'm keeping my crappy Ford Probe to drive on shitty weather days.
30th January 2007 01:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
LOL!

The wife is not happy about giving up the garage. I had to promise to have one of those keyless remote starters installed on her SUV. That way she'll have a warm car to get in when she goes to work in the AM. That's a fair compromise, yeah?

I'm keeping my crappy Ford Probe to drive on shitty weather days.

A fair and smart trade off, a win-win... I'll be back east this summer, probably August, you need to bring that thing down to the shore, we can put on some wife beaters and cruise Wildwood making fun of the big haired girls and Shidoobees'...
30th January 2007 01:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man, that sounds good...
30th January 2007 01:53 PM
parmeda Congrats, SS...that car has you (literally) written all over it, lol

What was your son's reaction?

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)