ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Getty Images, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Exactly Went Down in Omaha? Return to archive
January 30th, 2006 01:03 PM
ExileInLA just curious as to why they are getting such negative feedback...
January 30th, 2006 01:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

___________ <-------------- Flatlanders.
January 30th, 2006 01:13 PM
Maxlugar What went down? Well....mostly the level of excitement.

It all started out with such promise...

No way they go back THERE again!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
January 30th, 2006 01:51 PM
gimmekeef Surely..it hasnt reached INCIDENT proportions>?!!!
January 30th, 2006 01:56 PM
gimmekeef But I did hear Mick was pissed off when they moved out on the B stage.He was waiting for his usual panty throw from a lovely gal....Instead got hit in the head by a pair of Bib Overalls....
January 30th, 2006 02:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
He was waiting for his usual panty throw from a lovely gal....Instead got hit in the head by a pair of Bib Overalls....

Daisy Duke's????? They buy those outfits, panties not included, out there anyway.
January 30th, 2006 02:20 PM
nankerphelge This was the pair that hit Mick!
(and this was the chick that tossed them)

January 30th, 2006 02:27 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

___________ <-------------- Flatlanders.

LI Flatlanders???
January 30th, 2006 02:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
January 30th, 2006 02:43 PM
Joey " 40 years later, Stones bring back satisfaction "

" The Rolling Stones at the Qwest Center Omaha, Jan. 29, 2006

As the old saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait."

Forty years after their last Omaha appearance, Stones lead singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards give the audience what it wants.

For Rolling Stones fans in Nebraska, the wait ended Sunday, when - after 40 long years - the band returned to Omaha to rock in front of 16,000 fans at the sold-out Qwest Center Omaha arena.

Arriving on stage at 9:10 p.m., the Stones started off strong, opening with "Jumping Jack Flash." The band's energy and the audience's enthusiasm never let up throughout a sizzling performance that stretched nearly two hours.

As expected, the concert was heavy on classics from the group's huge catalog of hits from the '60s and '70s. With premium seats going for a whopping $350, it's the hits that fans came to hear.

And there were plenty: "Honky Tonk Women," "Sympathy for the Devil," "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll," "Tumbling Dice" and "Brown Sugar," among them.

Newer songs, including "Rough Justice" and "Rain Fall Down," both from the band's latest album, "A Bigger Bang," were mixed in with the oldies. But instead of hitting the concession stands and restrooms, fans stuck around to hear the new material.

Stones frontman Mick Jagger swaggered, gyrated and bounded across the stage Sunday night.

This being the Rolling Stones, it's hard not to keep your eyes glued to the stage.

Frenetic, rail-thin frontman Mick Jagger swaggered, gyrated and bounded across the stage, commanding the crowd with all the energy and charisma of rock stars half his age.

As guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood blazed away with a volley of propulsive riffs, Jagger worked the audience into a wild, screaming frenzy as lyrics from some of rock music's greatest songs poured from his famous lips.

Drummer Charlie Watts and bassist Darryl Jones were tight, concise and precise throughout the night. Rounding out the lineup were keyboardist Chuck Leavell, a four-piece horn section and a trio of backup vocalists, including powerhouse singer Lisa Fischer.

When Fischer joined Jagger for a jaw-dropping rendition of "Gimme Shelter," it was a goose-bump inducing, awe-inspiring moment that was one of several highlights of the show.

Other great performances included "As Tears Go By," with Richards and Wood on acoustic guitars.

WHAT THEY PLAYED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Jumping Jack Flash"
"It's Only Rock 'n' Roll"
"She's So Cold"
"Rough Justice"
"Bitch"
"As Tears Go By"
"Rain Fall Down"
"Tumbling Dice"
"Gimme Shelter"
"This Place Is Empty" (Keith Richards vocals)
"Happy" (Richards on vocals)
"Miss You"
"Oh No, Not You Again"
"Get Off of My Cloud"
"Honky Tonk Women"
"Sympathy for the Devil"
"Start Me Up"
"Brown Sugar"
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" (encore)
"Satisfaction" (encore)

Richards - who spent most of the night with a cigarette dangling from his mouth and weird ornaments dangling from his hair - sang two of the night's songs - "This Place is Empty" and "Happy."

"It's been a long time since I said, 'Good evening, Omaha,'" he told the generation-spanning crowd. "I think some of your grandparents were here. It's good to be back."

About halfway through the show, band members boarded a ramp that separated from the main stage and glided to the rear of the arena floor, allowing fans in the back to get close to the rockers.

From that secondary stage, the band played four songs, including "Get Off of My Cloud" and a new song, "Oh No, Not You Again."

Omahan Traci Shelby, who attended the concert with her niece, 29-year-old Blakely Duering of Omaha, said the show lived up to all the hype.

"It was such an energetic performance," Shelby said. "I thought Mick Jagger was darling."

Others said they were creeped out by the aging rockers.

"It's kind of weird to see old guys in tight jeans dancing around," said Taylor Burton, a 14-year-old boy from Council Bluffs.

Opening the concert was chart-topping country duo Brooks & Dunn, who were met with a mixed reaction by the Stones audience.

Though some fans danced, sang and clapped along to the duo's songs, including "Neon Moon" and "Boot Scootin' Boogie," most of the crowd stayed in their seats during the duo's 45-minute set. "

www.omaha.com

January 30th, 2006 02:47 PM
Maxlugar [quote]monkey_man wrote:

LI Flatlanders???

We are an island. We can not be dumped into the flatlander category. We prefer Seamen.

Moreover, while some sections are flat, others can be quite hilly. Like Oyster Bay, beeotch.

January 30th, 2006 02:55 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" 40 years later, Stones bring back satisfaction "

" The Rolling Stones at the Qwest Center Omaha, Jan. 29, 2006

As the old saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait."

Forty years after their last Omaha appearance, Stones lead singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards give the audience what it wants.

For Rolling Stones fans in Nebraska, the wait ended Sunday, when - after 40 long years - the band returned to Omaha to rock in front of 16,000 fans at the sold-out Qwest Center Omaha arena.

Arriving on stage at 9:10 p.m., the Stones started off strong, opening with "Jumping Jack Flash." The band's energy and the audience's enthusiasm never let up throughout a sizzling performance that stretched nearly two hours.

As expected, the concert was heavy on classics from the group's huge catalog of hits from the '60s and '70s. With premium seats going for a whopping $350, it's the hits that fans came to hear.

And there were plenty: "Honky Tonk Women," "Sympathy for the Devil," "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll," "Tumbling Dice" and "Brown Sugar," among them.

Newer songs, including "Rough Justice" and "Rain Fall Down," both from the band's latest album, "A Bigger Bang," were mixed in with the oldies. But instead of hitting the concession stands and restrooms, fans stuck around to hear the new material.

Stones frontman Mick Jagger swaggered, gyrated and bounded across the stage Sunday night.

This being the Rolling Stones, it's hard not to keep your eyes glued to the stage.

Frenetic, rail-thin frontman Mick Jagger swaggered, gyrated and bounded across the stage, commanding the crowd with all the energy and charisma of rock stars half his age.

As guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood blazed away with a volley of propulsive riffs, Jagger worked the audience into a wild, screaming frenzy as lyrics from some of rock music's greatest songs poured from his famous lips.

Drummer Charlie Watts and bassist Darryl Jones were tight, concise and precise throughout the night. Rounding out the lineup were keyboardist Chuck Leavell, a four-piece horn section and a trio of backup vocalists, including powerhouse singer Lisa Fischer.

When Fischer joined Jagger for a jaw-dropping rendition of "Gimme Shelter," it was a goose-bump inducing, awe-inspiring moment that was one of several highlights of the show.

Other great performances included "As Tears Go By," with Richards and Wood on acoustic guitars.

WHAT THEY PLAYED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Jumping Jack Flash"
"It's Only Rock 'n' Roll"
"She's So Cold"
"Rough Justice"
"Bitch"
"As Tears Go By"
"Rain Fall Down"
"Tumbling Dice"
"Gimme Shelter"
"This Place Is Empty" (Keith Richards vocals)
"Happy" (Richards on vocals)
"Miss You"
"Oh No, Not You Again"
"Get Off of My Cloud"
"Honky Tonk Women"
"Sympathy for the Devil"
"Start Me Up"
"Brown Sugar"
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" (encore)
"Satisfaction" (encore)

Richards - who spent most of the night with a cigarette dangling from his mouth and weird ornaments dangling from his hair - sang two of the night's songs - "This Place is Empty" and "Happy."

"It's been a long time since I said, 'Good evening, Omaha,'" he told the generation-spanning crowd. "I think some of your grandparents were here. It's good to be back."

About halfway through the show, band members boarded a ramp that separated from the main stage and glided to the rear of the arena floor, allowing fans in the back to get close to the rockers.

From that secondary stage, the band played four songs, including "Get Off of My Cloud" and a new song, "Oh No, Not You Again."

Omahan Traci Shelby, who attended the concert with her niece, 29-year-old Blakely Duering of Omaha, said the show lived up to all the hype.

"It was such an energetic performance," Shelby said. "I thought Mick Jagger was darling."

Others said they were creeped out by the aging rockers.

"It's kind of weird to see old guys in tight jeans dancing around," said Taylor Burton, a 14-year-old boy from Council Bluffs.

Opening the concert was chart-topping country duo Brooks & Dunn, who were met with a mixed reaction by the Stones audience.

Though some fans danced, sang and clapped along to the duo's songs, including "Neon Moon" and "Boot Scootin' Boogie," most of the crowd stayed in their seats during the duo's 45-minute set. "

www.omaha.com

Some of the authors other works are include in this book:

January 30th, 2006 02:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

We are an island. We can not be dumped into the flatlander category. We prefer Seamen.

Moreover, while some sections are flat, others can be quite hilly. Like Oyster Bay, beeotch.

Anyone not from Maine is a flatlander....at least according to Maine folk-culture definitions. So that make you a flatlander.
January 30th, 2006 03:03 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Anyone not from Maine is a flatlander....at least according to Maine folk-culture definitions. So that make you a flatlander.

So people in Aspen are called flatlanders?
January 30th, 2006 03:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

So people in Aspen are called flatlanders?

Yes, there's no distincion for topography. Hey, I didn't ask to be born here. I'm just reporting. In the old days when they said you married a flatlander, meant that your half sister wasn't good enough for you.

January 30th, 2006 03:14 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yes, there's no distincion for topography. Hey, I didn't ask to be born here. I'm just reporting. In the old days when they said you married a flatlander, meant that your half sister wasn't good enough for you.

Thank you. I will now stop misusing your regional term for outsiders.

Mainlander.
January 30th, 2006 03:15 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Oyster Bay? Dream on dreamer! How about Levittown?
January 30th, 2006 03:25 PM
Maxlugar [quote]monkey_man wrote:

Oyster Bay? Dream on dreamer! How about Levittown?

Yes, Levittown is as flat as your sister. It's hilly up on the North Shore (Gold Coast).

[Edited by Maxlugar]
January 30th, 2006 03:29 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
It's hilly up on the North Shore (Gold Coast).

Hilly like this?

January 30th, 2006 03:34 PM
monkey_man or like this?

January 30th, 2006 03:45 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Hilly like this?

Wow, do I have to choose?????
January 30th, 2006 03:49 PM
monkey_man Welcome to Nassau County!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)