ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Getty Images, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimmy Page & the Stones Return to archive
January 27th, 2006 06:38 PM
Ronnie Richards I should probably know this but..
did Jimmy Page play on (the released versions of) One Hit To The Body and Through the Lonely Nights?
January 27th, 2006 07:33 PM
Gazza he plays lead guitar on One Hit

he was rumoured to play 'somewhere' on Through The Lonely Nights, but I dont think he did.

He may be the guitarist on the "Metamorphosis" version of "Out of Time", which is actually not a Stones' recording but Mick Jagger's demo (with studio session musicians) for Chris Farlow, who basically just re-did the vocal and kept the backing track.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 27th, 2006 07:47 PM
Ronnie Richards Didn't he also play on Heart of Stone?
January 27th, 2006 07:54 PM
Gazza yes..he's on quite a few of the early "Metamorphosis" songs, now I think of it

Each and Every day of the year, Sleepy City and stuff like that
January 27th, 2006 07:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yes..he's on quite a few of the early "Metamorphosis" songs, now I think of it

Each and Every day of the year, Sleepy City and stuff like that

But those were with the ALOO
January 28th, 2006 04:37 PM
Gazza No...most of those early songs on Metamorphosis were demos for other artists
January 29th, 2006 10:12 AM
gimmekeef Did Page participate in the Black& Blue tryouts?
January 29th, 2006 10:35 AM
Gazza No...he was in some other band at the time and therefore unlikely to want to 'make the transition'
January 29th, 2006 03:28 PM
gimmekeef LOL..of course..that happens when you try like I did to post before the first coffee...In hindsite might have been a good move by Page....but doubt he'd a been chosen..Ronnie was insider there...
January 29th, 2006 08:40 PM
Soldatti You can hear him play the solo on the Metamorphosis version of Heart Of Stone. He plays on that number only (from Metamorphosis).
January 30th, 2006 04:24 AM
gotdablouse While we're on the JP topic, I wonder if there was any ground for this rumoured song Scarlet that Keith would have recorded in Montreux in 1975 with Jimmy Page ? I think the only place it ever got mentioned was in the most excellen "Heart of Stone" book by Felix Aeppli.
January 30th, 2006 04:35 AM
Mathijs Page does not only play guitar on half the Metamorphosis albu, also all the pedal steel guitar you hear on some tracks are by Page.

Mathijs
January 30th, 2006 08:35 AM
gimmekeef Page was certainly an incredible player.I have an old rare live "Yardbirds at The Anderson Theater" lp...Really smokes..I'll have to try to torrent it someday.Still one of the best albums I was ever lucky enough to find...
January 30th, 2006 09:02 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
While we're on the JP topic, I wonder if there was any ground for this rumoured song Scarlet that Keith would have recorded in Montreux in 1975 with Jimmy Page ? I think the only place it ever got mentioned was in the most excellen "Heart of Stone" book by Felix Aeppli.

funny gdb i was just thinking the same thing myself...

did the thing have lyrics??

tho i wasnt aware of the felix book...i read it in a magazine

a long time ago

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
January 30th, 2006 06:29 PM
Soldatti I don't think that Page is on much of Metamorphosis, all the guitar work is by Big Jim Sullivan, John McLaughlin and Joe Moretti. Also, Jon Tiven did some guitar overdubs in 1975.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)