ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Getty Images, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bet on what tunes the stones will play first @ the super bowl... Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 29th, 2006 08:19 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
Laugh 67.00
I Nearly Died 81.00

What a shame it would be to debut this song at the Superbowl.
January 30th, 2006 08:37 PM
Nellcote This is the Super Bowl, biggest tv event of the year.
This is not the AMA's, there will not be the waste of time between numbers which you had there.
The HBO show had some on air discipline, however, it will pale in comparison to this.
They will have, on the outer end, 12 minutes to play.
This will be the quickest 12 minutes you've seen.
What the director will be told is no slow numbers, so the show will have to keep moving.
If we are lucky, three complete songs, possibly a fourth, abbreviated one, which may turn into some medley, like (but not) If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud style of medley, with a Motown theme, which the Stones would be able to handle, given the past numbers they've covered.
Sure, the bombastic US entertainment media is ready to skewer & baste The Stones every chance they can, and have to date, and will after this.
I'm still thinking there will be more upside to this than down, so Upward & Onward.

January 31st, 2006 03:39 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
This is the Super Bowl, biggest tv event of the year.
This is not the AMA's, there will not be the waste of time between numbers which you had there.
The HBO show had some on air discipline, however, it will pale in comparison to this.
They will have, on the outer end, 12 minutes to play.
This will be the quickest 12 minutes you've seen.
What the director will be told is no slow numbers, so the show will have to keep moving.
If we are lucky, three complete songs, possibly a fourth, abbreviated one, which may turn into some medley, like (but not) If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud style of medley, with a Motown theme, which the Stones would be able to handle, given the past numbers they've covered.
Sure, the bombastic US entertainment media is ready to skewer & baste The Stones every chance they can, and have to date, and will after this.
I'm still thinking there will be more upside to this than down, so Upward & Onward.

more upside indeed.

remember - halftime is a strict twenty minutes; it is on the clock. the stones cant make it any longer. that is the real limiting factor. they will need at least a few minutes to get all the sh*t off the field, and a few to get it all on the field, so the band only has sixteen minutes, tops...

still should be good, so long as they nail it....

they should treat it like a bstage set (should probably use their bstage), nail three numbers, blow some pyrotechnics, and call it a day...

short and curlies
oh no, not you again
satisfaction

but we will likely see:

start me up
rough justice
satisfaction

i bet they hit the opening riff, blow the flames up, and wheel the bstage in. they play their set, and bail while ronnie lays down his last solo run, blow the flames again, and cut to commercial (and the crew pulls the track up off the field)...

how successful it is depends ENTIRELY on how solid the performance is...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)