ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Torino - 1982 - Grazie molto Fabio!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: for savage xyzzy Return to archive
01-31-03 12:06 AM
woodywoodpecker Finally saw HBO 18th Jan,

as for chuck I can hardly hear him?

Ronnie was to low in the mix but absolutley brilliant on cant you hear me knockin!

As for the mix, it sounded to hollow or something it needed to be more in ya face type thing.

We are both Woody mad so i thought id just give ya my opinion.'

Regards Woodpecker
01-31-03 01:14 AM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems You are correct on Woody's prowness nowadays. I can remember No Security where he contributed little or nothing to the sounds of the band. Our love/hate relationship with Woody is one that shall continue on ever hopefully. Also, when you say you cant hear him, remember what Keith said about Brian years ago:

"Brian is the one who doesnt seem to be playing or making sound...but when he stops what he is doing, the bottom falls out of the song and it collapses."

Perhaps Woody and Brian have some eerie similarities...lets hope they dont get too similar if you know what I mean.
01-31-03 04:11 AM
woodywoodpecker hi ethan,
you do have a point, but I think Ronnie needs to be free'd from the cage like he was in 75-76 its not that he isnt capable CYHMK proves that and when ron solo's real long & real good It add's so much more exictment to the songs IMO.
01-31-03 07:37 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
woodywoodpecker wrote:
Finally saw HBO 18th Jan,

as for chuck I can hardly hear him?

Ronnie was to low in the mix but absolutley brilliant on cant you hear me knockin!

As for the mix, it sounded to hollow or something it needed to be more in ya face type thing.

We are both Woody mad so i thought id just give ya my opinion.'

Regards Woodpecker

You musta gotten a good tape, then! Or have a good sound system - I fooled around with mine to no avail - Chuck was everywhere... Finally got a really low mix of him, but then the sound was kinda weird.

Wasn't Ronnie awesome?

Not to mention Keith - whoa! Where'd all that energy come from?

But you can't hear him on "Sympathy" or "Jumping Jack Flash" or his second stab at "Don't Stop" or a bunch of other songs at all!

Rambler was friggin' awesome though... but CHUCK'S GODDAMN DISNEYWORLD MALAISE just kinda suffocated the really killer sections. It's an EVIL GUITAR DRIVEN SONG, Chuck. Not an 80-minute Allman Brothers jam for you to dick around in. Butt out and let the boys play!

Glad ya finally got to see it, woodpecker.

-tSYX --- Well, honey, it's not onna those...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST