ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Drive By Truckers released today Return to archive
22nd January 2008 12:44 PM
Fiji Joe A very solid record...beats the fuck out of loitering at Wal-Mart waiting for the Eagles album to come out

http://www.drivebytruckers.com/

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
22nd January 2008 02:21 PM
Fiji Joe Guess I'll never grow sideburns...it's a shame with all I got to go between
22nd January 2008 03:01 PM
Fiji Joe Simmer Joey...I'm not seeking validation from you...a man who still has his mom pick out his garanimals

"Momma...If I concentrate hard enough, I can see my own hair growing"

22nd January 2008 03:09 PM
Stonesian Fox whats the deal with these drive by truckers?
22nd January 2008 03:14 PM
Fiji Joe Rolling Stone gave their new album 4 stars...The Eagles only got 3 and a half...and the lame fucks had 30 years to come up with the songs

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/17928753/review/17925191/brighter_than_creations_dark

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/16861770/review/16927307/long_road_out_of_eden
22nd January 2008 03:18 PM
nanatod Fiji, Spooner & Neff aren't full members of DBT these days, are they? If not, then your picture in the first post in this thread is misleading. just saying.
22nd January 2008 03:22 PM
TampabayStone
22nd January 2008 03:22 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Fiji, Spooner & Neff aren't full members of DBT these days, are they? If not, then your picture in the first post in this thread is misleading. just saying.

I'm not sure about Spooner, but Neff is...he has to be...otherwise they would only have 2 guitars...Here's an updated pic

22nd January 2008 06:14 PM
Gazza Please keep this on topic, thanks

..and if someone is registering on here to troll, just let us know about it..we can delete all their posts in seconds...but dont respond to them and quote their posts in any replies..that makes more work.
22nd January 2008 06:50 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Please keep this on topic, thanks

..and if someone is registering on here to troll, just let us know about it..we can delete all their posts in seconds...but dont respond to them and quote their posts in any replies..that makes more work.

Damn it, I hate my golden posts being flushed away because a f'in troll!
22nd January 2008 08:53 PM
Bloozehound sup with all this Drive by Truckers ?
22nd January 2008 09:20 PM
gypsy
22nd January 2008 09:34 PM
glencar Back on topic: This new album got a great review in Entertainment Weekly. I might buy it. I'm a little short on dough this month.
22nd January 2008 09:36 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
Back on topic: This new album got a great review in Entertainment Weekly. I might buy it. I'm a little short on dough this month.

Even with the double time yesterday?
22nd January 2008 09:38 PM
glencar That cash ain't coming for 3 weeks!
23rd January 2008 12:20 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Back on topic: This new album got a great review in Entertainment Weekly. I might buy it. I'm a little short on dough this month.

You should...lotsa talent in this band...which is a good indication that there music grows on you, and not against you
23rd January 2008 11:12 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You should...lotsa talent in this band...which is a good indication that there music grows on you, and not against you

23rd January 2008 03:26 PM
Throwaway 3 Dimes Down sounds stonesy, in all the right ways
23rd January 2008 06:48 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
3 Dimes Down sounds stonesy, in all the right ways

I think Loaded Gun in the Closet has that vibe off the new one.
23rd January 2008 07:12 PM
Throwaway
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Kind of like something Keith would sing after an afternoon with Gram. Very nice tune.
23rd January 2008 07:52 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

That's not new...is that the disc you bought?
23rd January 2008 08:44 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That's not new...is that the disc you bought?

I did not realize you were talking to me the first pass thru here. LOL Fucking Hippies! I was also wondering why 3 dimes down was not on it.

[Edited by TampabayStone]
23rd January 2008 08:53 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:

i ain't worth spending a penny on a guy who sounds like his dick is tied in a noose.
23rd January 2008 08:55 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i ain't worth spending a penny on a guy who sounds like his dick is tied in a noose.

Why?

Photobucket
23rd January 2008 10:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

A pretty good idea you're full of shit...they have three singers one of which is a chick...try again troll
24th January 2008 12:29 AM
Throwaway
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I did not realize you were talking to me the first pass thru here. LOL Fucking Hippies! I was also wondering why 3 dimes down was not on it.

[Edited by TampabayStone]

I thought you meant that "Loaded Gun" has a vibe SIMILAR to that of the new one..or something. So you got Decoration Day?? Oh well, its good too, perhaps DBT's quintessential album.
24th January 2008 09:51 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

I thought you meant that "Loaded Gun" has a vibe SIMILAR to that of the new one..or something. So you got Decoration Day?? Oh well, its good too, perhaps DBT's quintessential album.

Amazing how this band has evolved...talent...there is no substitute
24th January 2008 10:34 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

Yeah, I'm a rookie to this band and the little death metal cracker told me it was the new one. But the good news is that I am really starting to dig it.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)