ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Get off my cloud Return to archive
18th January 2008 07:25 PM
Phelge Hey there

Does anybody know if Keith or Ronnie ever recorded Get off My Cloud?

19th January 2008 04:32 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Phelge wrote:
Hey there

Does anybody know if Keith or Ronnie ever recorded Get off My Cloud?

Well of course Keith was on original.Ronnie never has done a version and I dont believe Keith and his Winos ever did any Stones besides Happy.. Connection and Gimmeshelter..Welcome to the board!
19th January 2008 06:05 PM
Mel Belli I seem to remember a version with Keith singing. Backed by Mayall's band? Alexis Korner's? In the '70s?
19th January 2008 06:31 PM
steel driving hammer Stones!

20th January 2008 02:10 AM
guitarman53
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Well of course Keith was on original.Ronnie never has done a version and I dont believe Keith and his Winos ever did any Stones besides Happy.. Connection and Gimmeshelter..Welcome to the board!

So what is the question, the song is Get of off my cloud, & there would have to be a good drummer like Charlie to do it, it's one of the first rock songs to have drumming at the beginning as the lead instrument, the only other time was "Billion Dollar Babies" with Neal Smith from Alice Cooper Band doing it, both fine drummers, but Charlie really changed the drums in Rock 'N' Roll for all time, Ringo was good, but he didn't have the freedom that Charlie had, what he did was fantastic as a drummer.
[Edited by guitarman53]
20th January 2008 11:14 AM
Mel Belli Does someone here remember the version I'm half-remembering? Bill German had it on his Beggars Banquet website years ago...
20th January 2008 11:27 AM
gimmekeef Mel, I think Long John Baldry covered it as a slow bluesy thing but I dont know if any Stones were on it though..
20th January 2008 11:35 AM
gimmekeef Mel, you were right..it was Korner..heres some details:

http://alexis-korner.net/notesusgetoff.html
20th January 2008 11:46 AM
gimmekeef I just found an mp3 of this on my pc. Mel email me if you want a copy...
21st January 2008 06:56 PM
no night together I saw Lisa singin Get OMC with a band at the S.O.B.'s in Varick street new york but I have no idea if there's any recording or if this piece of info is of any interest.
21st January 2008 07:44 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I just found an mp3 of this on my pc. Mel email me if you want a copy...

I think I've got it somewhere. Will comb through the rat's nest. Thanks, though!
23rd January 2008 08:10 PM
Bitch

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)