ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: British Chocolate Superior to American (SSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th January 2008 06:05 PM
fireontheplatter i blame cadburys for all my root canals

from here on out...its hollow easter bunnies from hersheys all the way
16th January 2008 06:31 PM
texile
quote:
Ade wrote:
Cadburys fruit and nut, rules

i'm with you on that ....
but lotsajizz - that was perfect.
16th January 2008 06:32 PM
texile never had british chocolate, but do they have great candybars, ala...snickers?
anybody remember oh henry's?
16th January 2008 07:07 PM
caro IMHO, a most perfect and thrilling invention: Terry's "Tap and Unwrap".

*CLONK!*

[Edited by caro]
16th January 2008 07:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
texile wrote:
never had british chocolate, but do they have great candybars, ala...snickers?

Yes..we have Snickers. It used to be called Marathon and was then changed as that was the universal name.
16th January 2008 07:23 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yes..we have Snickers. It used to be called Marathon and was then changed as that was the universal name.

i remember a marathon bar when i was a kid - but i thought it was some kind of chewy taffy thing.
you guys have american candy bars?
16th January 2008 07:47 PM
Gazza Generally, we dont. Companies like Cadburys, Rowntrees etc tend to have that niche sewn up!
16th January 2008 08:09 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Generally, we dont. Companies like Cadburys, Rowntrees etc tend to have that niche sewn up!

sad.....
a life with no butterfinger, milky way, clark bar, three musketeers, mounds, kit kat, chunky (with and without nuts and raisins), 5th avenue, mars bars, oh henry, zero bars (i remember those only at little league games when i was a kid), nestle's crunch, the basic hershey bar, and of course, REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!

no wonder the occurance of diabetes is high here.

16th January 2008 08:36 PM
gorda If chocolate had not been invented, I would probably be skinny.

I love chocolate! I eat or drink it every day!

I love to make hot cocoa with those little instant Swiss Mocha packets. Just add hot water! (Sometimes, I'll add milk.)

I also like M and M's, Snicker's, Milky Ways, Butterfingers, Almond Joys, Crunch bars, and of course Hershey bars with Almonds.

Oh, and Almond Roca bars!

I also like German Chocolate Cake. And, I love Rocky Road ice cream.

But, my absolute favorite are See's chocolates, but they are very expensive. So, I never buy them. I only eat them if someone gives them to me as a gift.

P.S. You know, I just thought of something . . . Why can't I go out and buy myself a box of See's chocolates? Maybe, I will do that today!

WHEN IT COMES TO CHOCOLATE, IT'S ALL GOOD!
[Edited by gorda]
16th January 2008 08:44 PM
gorda I just remembered something!

When I was about 4, my mom used to make a bottle for my baby brother, and I would demand a bottle, too! Rather than argue with me, my mom would make me one! And, I remember I would insist that she add Nestle's Quik to it!

Chocolate Mama! You forgot the chocolate!

I was a brat!

P.S. Yes, I am self-absorbed and self-centered! Somehow, I turn every thread into something about ME!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
16th January 2008 08:46 PM
gorda I just remembered something else, my ex-boyfriend . . . the only way he could get me to . . . NEVERMIND!

I think y'all can guess!

I've done some crazy things for the love of chocolate!
16th January 2008 09:35 PM
texile gorda, your passions are unquenchable...
a very sexy thing.
chocolate is a drug.....
and i'd forgotten about nestle's quick, m&ms etc...
17th January 2008 12:26 AM
Sioux Ghirardelli's for me.....dark chocolate. And they even make a brownie mix. And I HATE mixes. But this is to die for. Underbake about 5 minutes, and they are SO chocolatey....

I've always wanted to order See's chocolates. They are out of San Francisco, right? I had a catalog once.....Godiva chocolates are good too. I guess I mostly love expensive, dark chocolate.

But Reese's peanut butter cups are totally addictive.
17th January 2008 12:35 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Sioux wrote:
I love dark chocolate

YES!! Me too...

Photobucket
17th January 2008 06:04 AM
glencar Well, I had the Cadbury's & it was good. Slightly better than Hershey's. It was a regular milk bar. Nothing great.
18th January 2008 08:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gorda wrote:
I've done some crazy things for the love of chocolate!

Do tell more.
18th January 2008 08:50 AM
JohnLeeHacker Origins: When nineteen police, on a tip-off, raided a party at Keith Richards' estate in February of 1967 in search of illegal drugs, Richards, Mick Jagger, Marianne Faithfull, and six other male guests were lounging about a downstairs room watching TV and listening to music. Faithfull wore only a large, orange fur bedcover that she had wrapped around herself after taking a bath a little while earlier. The police searched the house and the persons in it, gathered various pieces of evidence, and left. A month later, Richards and Jagger were summoned before the court on drug charges. By the time the trial started at the end of June, a rumor had already started spreading that when the police arrived at Redlands, "they had interrupted an orgy of cunnilingus in which Jagger had been licking a Mars candy bar pushed into Marianne's vagina."
18th January 2008 09:08 AM
Highwire Rob There you see! I told you English Mars bars taste better!
18th January 2008 09:13 AM
JohnLeeHacker
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
There you see! I told you English Mars bars taste better!

Yes, or another interpretation of "Brown sugar"
18th January 2008 09:20 AM
andrews27 British chocolate has more scan lines.
19th January 2008 08:26 PM
GhostofBrianJones How about chocolate covered Cherries? Or Strawberries??
Both are DEE-LICIOUS!! They even make chocolate covered
PayDays! Anyone enjoy M&M's??
19th January 2008 08:50 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
texile wrote:
never had british chocolate, but do they have great candybars, ala...snickers?
anybody remember oh henry's?

oh, sure i do....it had nuts and nuget

how about coffee crisp?
19th January 2008 08:51 PM
glencar Wow, I've never seen you step out of the whole "Brian was martyred" threads! See, these boards ARE therapeutic!
19th January 2008 08:53 PM
Highwire Rob I recall something called a Penguin bar from my childhood in England. They were damn good with tea.

[edit] Here it is...
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
19th January 2008 09:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
texile wrote:

sad.....
a life with no butterfinger, milky way, clark bar, three musketeers, mounds, kit kat, chunky (with and without nuts and raisins), 5th avenue, mars bars, oh henry, zero bars (i remember those only at little league games when i was a kid), nestle's crunch, the basic hershey bar, and of course, REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!

no wonder the occurance of diabetes is high here.

a Stones fan should know that a Mars bar is easy to find in the UK, I would have thought.

As are all the Mars and Nestle products listed above which are made in the UK.
19th January 2008 09:16 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

a Stones fan should know that a Mars bar is easy to find in the UK, I would have thought.

As are all the Mars and Nestle products listed above which are made in the UK.

I did not even know you guys were part of Europe until last week.
19th January 2008 09:54 PM
glencar Did you think they were part of Asia?
19th January 2008 10:04 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did you think they were part of Asia?

Canada.
20th January 2008 10:56 AM
gimmekeef Brit chocolate is surely superior to our bars etc.But what incenses me is how much superior their beer is..Fuck it should be illegal to sell US suds with the name beer on it!
20th January 2008 11:07 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Brit chocolate is surely superior to our bars etc.But what incenses me is how much superior their beer is..Fuck it should be illegal to sell US suds with the name beer on it!

Beer, most definitely; chocolate, not by a long shot--Brit chocolate is usually much too milky.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)