ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bands that copied The Stones. Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th January 2008 04:29 PM
guitarman53 I can think of The Ugly Ducklings from Toronto, they opened for The Stones in '66 at Maple Leaf Gardens, in fact they opened with "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" & there was a guitarist with Blond hair like Brian Jones, the Pretty Things Keith said was copied from The Stones, There's The New York York Dolls, Aerosmith, & this band from the late 60's.
9th January 2008 04:32 PM
sammy davis jr. 1. The Black Crowes
2. The Black Crowes
3. The Black Crowes
9th January 2008 04:33 PM
gypsy Aerosmith annoys me the most - with their "Toxic Twins" thing.
9th January 2008 04:35 PM
steel driving hammer Bands that copied The Stones?

Everybody!

Even Rap, Country, Grunge, New Wave, Soft Rock, Light Rock, everybody!

Dats no bull either!

Stones is where it's at You Bastards!
9th January 2008 05:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Aerosmith annoys me the most - with their "Toxic Twins" thing.

I don't think they named themselves that.
9th January 2008 05:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Peter Wolf.
Every half way decent frontman copied Jagger. He's the prototype. Well apart from James Brown maybe.
9th January 2008 05:34 PM
pdog Let's discuss who didn't, it's a way shorter list.
9th January 2008 06:14 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I love you more and more everyday. Aerosmith is the most annoying. It sickens me to hear them on classic rock radio.
9th January 2008 06:23 PM
guitarman53
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Right on!!!
9th January 2008 06:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
robpop wrote:
I love you more and more everyday. Aerosmith is the most annoying. It sickens me to hear them on classic rock radio.

I've never been that big of a fan but they do a good song once in awhile. Classic Rock Radio can ruin good songs though.
9th January 2008 06:29 PM
GotToRollMe The New York Dolls are the first to spring to mind, but yeah, "everybody" pretty much covers it.
9th January 2008 06:29 PM
robpop
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I've never been that big of a fan but they do a good song once in awhile. Classic Rock Radio can ruin good songs though.

That whole dude looks like a lady and the ballad they changed the words to 8 or 9 times thing ruined it all.
9th January 2008 07:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
robpop wrote:
That whole dude looks like a lady and the ballad they changed the words to 8 or 9 times thing ruined it all.

I follow you. But they're New England hometown boys so I have to "support" them to a certain point. From unfair criticism and such. I'd put them on the B list though... J Geils Band is A list all the way. Maybe because they were more true to the bluesy roots though.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
9th January 2008 07:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
9th January 2008 07:20 PM
Throwaway Dave Edmunds worships Keith/Chuck to the max.

Izzy Stradlins "Way to Go" is a great Keith rip-off, listen to the fills..awesome

Stray Cats cover of 16 Candles - listen to Setzers fills, pure Keith!
9th January 2008 07:39 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
9th January 2008 07:42 PM
Brainbell Jangler Many bands have emulated the Stones. Chocolate Watch Band copied them.
9th January 2008 07:47 PM
guitarman53 The Chocolate Watchband stole this from The Kinks, It's a video I can't get on Youtube, from The Chocolate Watchband, maybe Klein is involved, but this is the Kinks, the original version.
9th January 2008 08:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Many bands have emulated the Stones.

The Stones have emulated many bands.
9th January 2008 08:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels LOOK AT THEM YO YOS
THAT'S THE WAY YOU DO IT

9th January 2008 08:33 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
LOOK AT THEM YO YOS
THAT'S THE WAY YOU DO IT

Photobucket
9th January 2008 08:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels That's Dancin'
That's frontman shit.
That's where the rubber meets the road.
That's where the ice freezes.
9th January 2008 10:28 PM
robpop
quote:

I follow you. But they're New England hometown boys so I have to "support" them to a certain point. From unfair criticism and such. I'd put them on the B list though... J Geils Band is A list all the way. Maybe because they were more true to the bluesy roots though.

Agree. Peter Wolf and the boys are all right. I remember listening to the Stones tour announcement. Peter Wolf was part of the crew and had some good stories.
10th January 2008 12:42 AM
Sioux
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
I can think of The Ugly Ducklings from Toronto, they opened for The Stones in '66 at Maple Leaf Gardens, in fact they opened with "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" & there was a guitarist with Blond hair like Brian Jones, the Pretty Things Keith said was copied from The Stones, There's The New York York Dolls, Aerosmith, & this band from the late 60's.

Oh yeah, that's The Chocolate Watchband! I love them... Stones clones all the way---with their own Brian Jones look-a-like....or two.
10th January 2008 12:44 AM
Sioux Boy, that guy really studied Mick---his vocals, moves...the whole bit. But I still love that band. Love that garage-y era of rock.
10th January 2008 12:56 AM
Sioux Wow. Freeze Frame and Stay With Me....all on the same thread. Intense! Two great songs---and the Faces performance was primo!
10th January 2008 12:59 AM
Sioux Yes Guitarman53, I had almost forgotten the Ugly Ducklings, although I do have a CD of theirs. And think of all the 60's groups who had a Brian Jones clone. Mike Clarke of the Byrds was added to the band just because he looked like Brian. He'd never even played drums before, although he was hired as the drummer. Chris Hillman had the "look" too. Of course, Keith Relf was probably the Brian Jonesiest {of the well known musicians}.
10th January 2008 12:34 PM
Dan There's nothing on Toys In The Attic, Aerosmith's break through album, that even sounds remotely like the Stones.
10th January 2008 03:36 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Lady and gentlemen, the
J. GEILS....BAAAAAAAAND!
10th January 2008 04:04 PM
guitarman53 I once called Aerosmith a poor man's Rolling Stones, although they went on their own way & did a lot of rock classics, what's with the lead singer & guitarist still copying Mick & Keith?
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)