ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: out of The mouth of LIz Jagger no cancer for Mick and.... Return to archive
January 27th, 2005 09:04 AM
Jaxx Mick Jagger Has Not Got Cancer Says Elizabeth Jagger
January 27, 2005, 5:52:17

JAGGER'S DAUGHTER: 'MY DAD HAS NOT GOT CANCER'

SIR MICK JAGGER's model daughter ELIZABETH is furious about false reports her father has throat cancer.

The Danish media have claimed the ROLLING STONE is seeing Copenhagen doctors about malignant tumours on his larynx.

Elizabeth Jagger has never been in love
January 27, 2005, 11:18:18 Elizabeth Jagger has confessed she's never been in love.

The daughter of Rolling Stones legend and model Jerry Hall says despite her high profile romance with John Lennon's son, Sean, he wasn't able to make her fall in love with him.

She said: "There's no-one in my life now. Nobody has managed to make me fall in love. The man who does will have to be funny and like to have a good time."

Is Liz taking the Mick?
by NICOLE LAMPERT, Daily Mail

08:32am 27th January 2005

If she hasn't always been a Daddy's girl, she certainly is now.
With hands on hips and lips in a pouty pucker, Elizabeth Jagger tries on her father's famous swaggering stance for size.

Mick Jagger's 20-year-old daughter paraded the family likeness after winning a £500,000 six-month contract with the clothing chain Mango.

The influence of her mother Jerry Hall was also apparent in her ease before the camera. Not to mention that long, lean frame and flowing hair.
The Jaggers seem to be making the High Street a family affair. Miss Hall, 48, is already the face of Mango's clothing chain rival Hennes.

Jagger 62, was always reluctant to allow his daughter to become a model, preferring her to concentrate on an education.

But the youngster was insistent and, with her mother's support, started working professionally at 16.

She hasn't looked back. Last year alone she is said to have earned £3million.

Among her commitments is a £500,000-a-year deal with Lancome, in which she promotes the company's Juicy Tube lipstick range.

She spoke of her family's pride in her as Mango launched its clothing range in Spain.

"My dad is very proud of me, in spite of what has been written," she said. "And I always listen to my mum's advice.

She tells me that it's vital to maintain good posture."

Standing tall was not the only advice she needed. Miss Jagger has had to consult a nutritionist after fears that she was too thin. She was ordered to eat five meals a day plus take special protein drinks.

And her love life has created its own problems.

Her parents were concerned when she dated Canadian actor Michael Wincott, 25 years her senior.

Then she took up with John Lennon's 28- year- old son Sean. Her parents were disappointed when they broke up.

"There's no one in my life now," she said earlier this week.

"Nobody has managed to make me fall in love. The man who does will have to be funny and like to have a good time."

Her mother, who left Jagger six years ago, has been showing off a new model of her own.

She was accompanied to Tuesday's Whitbread Book of the Year awards by 24-year-old writer Austine Earl.

[Edited by Jaxx]
January 27th, 2005 09:21 AM
Factory Girl Jaxxy, check PM.
January 27th, 2005 09:25 AM
Madafaka Is an excellent new. Thank you Jaxx!
I wanna that those cheap newspapers stop to write stupid things!
January 27th, 2005 10:46 AM
Gazza Cheers

Every time I've seen Mick mentioned in the "Daily Mail" in the last 2 months, it's said he's 62 for some reason...
January 27th, 2005 10:48 AM
glencar Maybe they know better than the government? LOL
January 27th, 2005 10:54 AM
Jaxx
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe they know better than the government? LOL

now there's a scary thought.

madafaka, check your PM.
January 27th, 2005 10:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe they know better than the government? LOL

well, knowing the Daily Mail they devote countless pages every day giving the impression that they do!
January 27th, 2005 10:58 AM
glencar I can't remember which is the blaring tabloid which is really leftist? Is it the Mirror or the Mail?
January 27th, 2005 11:06 AM
Gazza Definitely the Mirror

Their last editor, Piers Morgan (an utter gobshite who you couldnt like even if you'd breastfed him) got the boot for running a fictitious story about British troops in Iraq, which he persisted in standing by (as it suited his political agenda) even when it was proved to be false (this wasnt the recent one, but the one which broke around the time of the Abu Ghraib story last spring)

The Mail is the most reactionary and conservative of all of the UK tabloids. Not necessarily regarding the Iraq war but culturally and morally (so they say, anyway)
January 27th, 2005 11:08 AM
glencar What's that line from Paperback Writer...
January 27th, 2005 11:09 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
madafaka, check your PM.

YOU rule Jaxx!
January 27th, 2005 11:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
What's that line from Paperback Writer...

his son is working for the Daily Mail/its a steady job/but he wants to be an Obersturmbannfuhrer
[Edited by Gazza]
January 27th, 2005 11:13 AM
glencar Huh? Nazi?
January 27th, 2005 11:22 AM
Gazza Just a bit of cynicism on my part

The Daily Mail get a bit of shit from other less right- wing papers because the guy who founded the paper (Lord Rothmere, I think) was a Nazi sympathiser back in the 30's.

January 27th, 2005 11:33 AM
glencar Yes but weren't amny Nazi symps in the 30's? It's the ones who still were in the 40's who we should come down on. And commie symps from the 30's were much worse since that was when THAT genocide was going down. I shall buy the Mail every day next time I'm in London!
January 27th, 2005 09:15 PM
Soldatti Great news, thanks Jaxx!
January 27th, 2005 09:18 PM
iluvmickjagger07 thanks jax. great and intresting news
January 27th, 2005 10:11 PM
sammy davis jr. "Nobody has managed to make me fall in love"...
a chip off the old block I see.
January 28th, 2005 06:52 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes but weren't amny Nazi symps in the 30's? It's the ones who still were in the 40's who we should come down on. And commie symps from the 30's were much worse since that was when THAT genocide was going down. I shall buy the Mail every day next time I'm in London!

The Nazi symps in the 1930s were every bit as bad as the Stalin fans of the same time. FYI, Hitler opened the first concentration camps in 1933, right after getting in power. They were for dissenters at the time, meaning that anybody who was to the left of Hitler was likely to end up in Buchenwald. And the Nazis began rounding up the Jews and branding them as "subhumans" right at the beginning. Hitler had even outlined his political program before that, in the 1924 best-seller "Mein Kampf". Rings a bell? In it, he clearly said that the Jews were like a disease that needed to be "treated", one way or the other, for a pure, healthy, Aryan Germany to emerge and rule the world...
Other kinds of "degenerates" were singled up for elimination along the Jews, mainly the Gypsies, the gays and the mentally ill.
In 1934 began the first systematic pogroms like the so-called "Crystal Night", where every Jewish shop or house was broken in and ransacked, the people beaten up (or worse if they resisted). At the same time, the Jews were forbidden to enter nearly every profession, to attend the same schools as "Aryans", forced to pay special taxes, and wear the infamous yellow star. All that paved the way to the genocide, by getting people to think of Jews as pariahs, and treating them accordingly. At first, Hitler had a plan to send the Jews to a kind of penitentiary colony overseas, but after he began to loose ground in the war, that option became impractical and was scratched in favor of physical elimination. We know the rest of the story...

BTW, that same war began when the Nazis invaded neighbouring countries like Poland and Chekoslovakia in order to get more "living space" for the Germans and enslave the local population who wasn't of Germanic descent. All that began in the 1930s and was openly talked about by the Nazis and their sympathizers: the "pure" Germans were the good guys, they hadn't enough room to live so the other countries had to give way to them or they would take it by force. The Slavs were very inferior, just fit for manual labor. The Jews and Gypsies and a few others were like a cancer in the healthy Aryan body, and had to be ridden of. Some people among the Nazi symps (rhymes with wimps) had a hard time after the war explaining why they didn't see where the policies of Hitler were leading. Maybe their brains were just obcured by their fear of commies? Yeah, right. Trading one evil for another is just what leads individuals and nations as well to damnation.
January 28th, 2005 06:55 AM
Monkey Woman That said... Thank you Lizzie!
January 28th, 2005 09:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't remember which is the blaring tabloid which is really leftist? Is it the Mirror or the Mail?

It hardly matters does it, as that stuff, as everyone knows, can't be taken seriously. Tabloids are just for laughs.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood