ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Genesis book about The '75 tour Return to archive
January 27th, 2005 03:02 AM
beer

http://www.genesis-publications.com/

MAJOR NEW STONES PROJECT

The Rolling Stones' 1975 Tour Of The Americas (or TOTA as it became known) saw Ronnie take the stage with the band for the first time; Keith get politely arrested in Arkansas for possession of a firearm; the band fly across America in a luxurious private plane christened 'the Starship' and the infamous giant blow-up phallus appear on stages throughout America.

With the stunning photographs, extensive tour memorabilia and witty recollections of Christopher Sykes, this edition will be irresistible to any Stones fan. This exciting limited edition is planned for publication in summer 2005.

----

Start saving your money now, these bastards don't come cheap.

-

January 27th, 2005 05:38 AM
caro Yay! Thanks beer.
I wonder what the photos will be like -- I would've thought that the vast majority of worthwile photos from that tour have already been published...
January 27th, 2005 08:49 AM
mac_daddy that company publishes spectacular material - i am sure this one will be no exception...

thanks for the info.
January 27th, 2005 10:49 AM
Maxlugar Oh crap will this be good!

Click on that link and you can register to get some more info on the book.

This is the best tour and certainly had the best visuals.

January 27th, 2005 10:53 AM
Joey " Click on that link and you can register to get some more info on the book.

This is the best tour and certainly had the best visuals."

Bless You My Son ..........................

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently and sweetly stroke your warm , moist , sweaty , glistening , gigantic little Maxy forehead ( containing the massive and gargantuan
ego ) and just say , ............... well !!! ............ " THANKS ! " for being you !

" Can you say , ' Mystic River ' Ronnie ?!?! "

The Jerky Boy ! ™

January 27th, 2005 11:04 AM
glencar Some TV star was on Dennis Miller last night & was wearing the TOTA T-shirt.

I haven't bought the previous books. Aren't they hundreds of $$$$?
[Edited by glencar]
January 27th, 2005 11:58 AM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Some TV star was on Dennis Miller last night & was wearing the TOTA T-shirt.

I haven't bought the previous books. Aren't they hundreds of $$$$?
[Edited by glencar]

Yes. The Genesis books are extremely pricey. I have the 1975 Tour of the Americas book...it is full of photos...I can't imagine howe many more photos they would have that I would be interested in...especially for that kind of money.
January 27th, 2005 12:00 PM
glencar I think I might buy it. I deserve it. It depends how many shows I go to see.
January 27th, 2005 12:15 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think I might buy it. I deserve it. It depends how many shows I go to see.

What makes you think you deserve it, young man?
January 27th, 2005 12:18 PM
glencar My 8205 posts!
January 27th, 2005 12:31 PM
beer
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes. The Genesis books are extremely pricey. I have the 1975 Tour of the Americas book...it is full of photos...I can't imagine howe many more photos they would have that I would be interested in...especially for that kind of money.

You have it gypsy? i thought it wasn't out yet?
How much did it cost?
January 27th, 2005 12:41 PM
gypsy
quote:
beer wrote:

You have it gypsy? i thought it wasn't out yet?
How much did it cost?

I have the old one with the Leibovitz and Christopher Simon-Sykes photos from the '75 Tour of the Americas. It's a first-edition, published in '77, I want to say. It's out of print...I happened to get it for about $5.00 on ebay...a real steal, actually.
January 27th, 2005 12:46 PM
beer OHH, i see what ya mean. I thought you meant you already got the genesis one.

-
January 27th, 2005 12:57 PM
glencar How much will the genesis one cost?
January 27th, 2005 01:09 PM
padre I think the best live photos EVER of the Stones are the Leibovitz shots from the -75 tour.
The best one I've seen is the wide-angle shot with Keef on the front with the worn-out boots and Mick jumping in the air in the background. If I had to take just one photo to show what The Stones and Mick'n'Keef are all about, this would be it.
January 27th, 2005 04:08 PM
beer
quote:
glencar wrote:
How much will the genesis one cost?

Well, i think the Exile book went for around $350.

-
January 27th, 2005 04:22 PM
glencar Sold!
January 27th, 2005 04:37 PM
gypsy
quote:
beer wrote:

Well, i think the Exile book went for around $350.

-

You'd be lucky if you could get it for that now. They're all sold out now, glencar. Every once in awhile, one will go up for auction on ebay...and sell for about $1,000.
January 27th, 2005 04:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Another book I ain't gonna have

First I'm gonna have Stu's and Nico's new set
January 27th, 2005 04:48 PM
glencar I remember those high prices, gypsy. I say now that I'll buy the next one but I'll probably cheapen out next time. Still, it'd be nice to own such a great book.
January 27th, 2005 07:20 PM
mac_daddy the leibowitz/southern book is worth alot more than that now. great book, though...

and i believe the putland book is 300 pounds, which is closer to $600.

i cant wait to see this new one...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
January 27th, 2005 09:38 PM
Soldatti Great book, I will try to buy it.
January 27th, 2005 10:57 PM
gypsy
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
the leibowitz/southern book is worth alot more than that now. great book, though...

and i believe the putland book is 300 pounds, which is closer to $600.

i cant wait to see this new one...

[Edited by mac_daddy]

I was surprised I got that book for such a great deal. I thought for sure that someone would outbid me at the last minute.

I see the Shutters & Blinds book on ebay all the time...it goes for well over $500, as does Putland's "Pleased to Meet You." Most of the ebay sellers know what they have and totally jack up the price. Then, you've got all these over-eager buyers bidding on it every other minute, which doesn't help keep the price down.
January 27th, 2005 11:40 PM
mac_daddy the price is high, but the product is exquisite. the cooper book and the putland book are still available from genesis. once the sell out, the ebay price will skyrocket...

the bob marley looks sharp, i have long considered the dylan in woodstock, the who live one looks good, and moonage daydream looks gorgeous, too. the dickens stuff is a bit much, although darwin's journal would be a hoot...

although i am a sucker for all of that stuff. i mean, next to vintage tube amplifiers, recording gear and LPs, books are my favorite things to buy
January 28th, 2005 03:50 AM
beer
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
the price is high, but the product is exquisite.

although i am a sucker for all of that stuff. i mean, next to vintage tube amplifiers, recording gear and LPs, books are my favorite things to buy

----------------

i couldn't agree more mac daddy. I will never forgive myself for passing up the Exile book when it was available. i don't think i'll ever recover from that!
Anyway, I've said it before and i'll I'll say it again, sometimes ya got to spoil yerself. which is exactly what i'll do when this book is released.

-
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood