ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Paul McCartney playing the half-time show for Superbowl opinions....From Ian Return to archive
January 25th, 2005 05:11 AM
IanBillen
Paul McCartney is playing the superbowl half-time show.

What are your opinions?

1.stupid
2.OK to do (why not right)
3.or a definate plus to add to his credentials

*Please, elaboration is encouraged on your opinion

Ian
January 25th, 2005 05:20 AM
FotiniD Macca has done his share of stupid choices over the last years, so it's not really a big surprise... In general, he's just too goody-Mr.-Paul for me, so much so that it's obvious it's all pretentious and silly. Not to mention his musical input is not up to par with his older endeavors - yes, the Beatles did make some good music imo.

By the way Ian, I can't see your avatar, there's a little red x over there.
January 25th, 2005 08:21 AM
gimmekeef He'll be out there belting out more pablum for the masses.Gee we can only hope he does a stirring rendition of Uncle Albert!Last year it was Janets Boob..This year its the Beatles Boob.....
January 25th, 2005 08:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

What are your opinions?

Don't have one. Why should it be significant? Nice publicity if you can get it, I suppose.
January 25th, 2005 08:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't care. Let him play. Just as long as he doesn't upstage Tom Brady.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 25th, 2005 08:36 AM
Zeeta Yeah who gives a fuck!

Unless, of course he has a costume "malfunction"!

Imagine Macca's man boobs on show!

That would be hilarious and that is my only comment!
January 25th, 2005 08:39 AM
Nellcote Saw Macca in Nawlins at the '02 Super Bowl.
You know, the one where the Patriots thumped the Rams?
Anyway, Macca was pretty uneventful, rather dull.
As exciting as shoveling snow, waxing a floor, watching a snail move on the sidewalk...
Pick up the Live Aid dvd, he's somewhat better on it
U2 was WICKED PISSA!
Of course, The Patriots were special!

Ian, not for nuthin, however, should we expect some type of report on this thread, as you are asking folks to elaborate, or are you completing a study of folks who like to post about Macca?

I have to know! Please explain!
January 25th, 2005 09:48 AM
gotdablouse Well I guess it's not something you turn down right ? I mean who gets asked to do that ?

On another matter, here's a question if I may :

Ian posting all his messages with ".....from Ian" in the subject is :
1. Great, I didn't know the poster's nickname showed up on the very same line !
2. Tiresome
3. "Strange"

[Edited by gotdablouse]
January 25th, 2005 09:57 AM
nankerphelge My sources deep, DEEP inside Tardrite Corporation tell me the 2006 model -- The "Ian" -- is really gonna be something.

The old "Joey" styling is out the window, with a whole new crew of designers and engineers that were given the mandate to revolutionize head protection for the 21st century, regardless of the cost.

From what I hear, The Ian will come in a variety of colors including Day Glo orange, Hunter green, and Candy Apple red. Rumour has it that The Ian will have back-up sensors, curb feelers, XM radio, numerous cup holders and an osmotic sweat collector to keep the brow from chafing!

See your local Tardrite dealer for details.

(Your performance may vary, batteries not included, void where prohibited by law)

January 25th, 2005 09:58 AM
charlotte yawn......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
January 25th, 2005 10:19 AM
Nellcote Hey Nanky;

I'm in charge of a subway pub crawl this Saturday, where Sully's, across from the Fleet Center, is one of our stops, probably between 2-4P. You recall the kickoff of the LICKS Tour! We are trying to help out the bars locally who are not getting any hockey business.
BE THERE!!
January 25th, 2005 11:39 AM
UGot2Rollme He's the guy who used to play with the band Wings, right? It should therefore be an inspiration for all Eagles fans!
January 25th, 2005 11:44 AM
glencar I just hope he does "Freedom!"
January 25th, 2005 12:01 PM
Gazza Lol. Yeah, TWICE just to make sure - like the 9/11 concert.

Nothin' like addin' insult to injury!
January 25th, 2005 12:18 PM
glencar I remember watching that concert & we really needed some comfort. That was NOT comfort.
January 25th, 2005 12:23 PM
Joey

BEST MACCA YET !!!!!!!

Looking forward to the upcoming world tour !
January 25th, 2005 12:24 PM
glencar I hear Metamucil is sponsoring the damned thing.
January 25th, 2005 12:25 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
My sources deep, DEEP inside Tardrite Corporation tell me the 2006 model -- The "Ian" -- is really gonna be something.

The old "Joey" styling is out the window, with a whole new crew of designers and engineers that were given the mandate to revolutionize head protection for the 21st century, regardless of the cost.

From what I hear, The Ian will come in a variety of colors including Day Glo orange, Hunter green, and Candy Apple red. Rumour has it that The Ian will have back-up sensors, curb feelers, XM radio, numerous cup holders and an osmotic sweat collector to keep the brow from chafing!

(Your performance may vary, batteries not included, void where prohibited by law)

You make Joey smile .

...I'm am now YOUR Muse !
January 25th, 2005 04:37 PM
IanBillen
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Macca has done his share of stupid choices over the last years, so it's not really a big surprise... In general, he's just too goody-Mr.-Paul for me, so much so that it's obvious it's all pretentious and silly. Not to mention his musical input is not up to par with his older endeavors - yes, the Beatles did make some good music imo.

By the way Ian, I can't see your avatar, there's a little red x over there.

I know I am working on the upload. Yes, Paul is too goody goody for me as well and you're also right....it isn't really that surprising at all. I remember he sang on Opera about six years ago and he was there her whole show singing off and on.
January 25th, 2005 04:41 PM
IanBillen
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
My sources deep, DEEP inside Tardrite Corporation tell me the 2006 model -- The "Ian" -- is really gonna be something.

And remember folks, just bring your reciept of your new Rolling Stones album purchase to to the dealership and get an extra 10% off.

Interest rates should be as low as 20-25%....

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
January 25th, 2005 04:43 PM
Joey

January 24, 2005 -- Rocky Mountain News

RUMORS AND HEARSAY

As expected, watch for Paul McCartney to make his U.S. tour announcement when he's at the Super Bowl, including a Denver date the first week of November.

http://homepage.mac.com/paul_mccartney/macca_report/news.htm
January 25th, 2005 04:45 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Saw Macca in Nawlins at the '02 Super Bowl.
You know, the one where the Patriots thumped the Rams?
Anyway, Macca was pretty uneventful, rather dull.
As exciting as shoveling snow, waxing a floor, watching a snail move on the sidewalk...
Pick up the Live Aid dvd, he's somewhat better on it
U2 was WICKED PISSA!
Of course, The Patriots were special!

Ian, not for nuthin, however, should we expect some type of report on this thread, as you are asking folks to elaborate, or are you completing a study of folks who like to post about Macca?

I have to know! Please explain!

LOL. No report or survey. I am interested in everyones thoughts on this is all.

Ian
January 25th, 2005 07:37 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

January 24, 2005 -- Rocky Mountain News

RUMORS AND HEARSAY

As expected, watch for Paul McCartney to make his U.S. tour announcement when he's at the Super Bowl, including a Denver date the first week of November.

http://homepage.mac.com/paul_mccartney/macca_report/news.htm

Wow, I thought Gorda was nutsy!
January 25th, 2005 08:45 PM
Soldatti
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

What are your opinions?

1.stupid
2.OK to do (why not right)
3.or a definate plus to add to his credentials

A mix of the 3 options...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood