ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the Brazilian leg of the tour 10 years ago today
Estadio Maracaná - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - February 4, 1995
© and thanks to Jair "Coca Buena" Mota
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CHRIS JAGGER last night at Manly boatshed sydney Return to archive
January 24th, 2005 06:56 AM
exile Hi everybody
its been a while...I'm not sure if anyone else here caught the show last night at Manly boatshed here in Sydney.

Its so seldom a stones happening down here I guess some of us will go to anything that faintly resembles a Rolling Stones gig.

that's how I ended up there anyway, a tiny pub on Sydney's northern beaches where the lesser known of the jagger brothers played last night.

very country inspired music of which I had heard nothing of previously. bluesy country. I liked it , he definitely is not his brother and not as talented but did a pretty good job

Its just Chris and a piano player who I thought was brilliant....also later he was joined by some other musicians.

he even threw in a stones song...shake your hips....I believe.

I must say I felt sorry for Chris as one heckler from the crowd yelled out "Where's Mick?" and "Bring on Mick"...to which Chris replied "I don't know where he is , probably playing ned Kelly...."

anyway the music was ok...not great but enjoyable....I bought a few of his CD's and he signed them and we shared a joke....he seemed like a nice fellow.

it must be tough for Chris to live in his brothers shadow like that...but then again he is out there giving it a go so good on him.

I felt his music is quite EXILEesque or in the same vein as EXILE ON MAIN STREET.....So I enjoyed the music I must say
as that is my favourite stones album.

cheers
January 24th, 2005 07:37 AM
L&A Hi, Exile, it's been a long time. Nice to see you again here

Yes, it must be horrible to live in the shadow of your brother or father. Why did he choose the same occupation as his brother ? He could be a good dentist, or whatever...

January 24th, 2005 08:04 PM
exile Indeed L&A I agree

an accountant or a Chemist or something
January 24th, 2005 08:07 PM
glencar So many people today are walking around with that problem. We have more celebs than ever. Their poor families!
January 24th, 2005 10:55 PM
corgi37 To his credit, at least he's still alive.
January 26th, 2005 10:52 AM
jb It would be like having Joey as an older brother as far as posting skills are concerned. Impossible to live up to.
January 26th, 2005 11:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
L&A wrote:
Hi, Exile, it's been a long time. Nice to see you again here

Yes, it must be horrible to live in the shadow of your brother or father. Why did he choose the same occupation as his brother ? He could be a good dentist, or whatever...

some of Chris' stuff is actually quite good, which is a worthy enough reason to do it. Plus, its not like its the same sort of music, either.
January 26th, 2005 11:38 AM
Nellcote I have some of Chris Jagger's later discs. I enjoy the daylights out of them. He has a good grasp of cajun music, which I enjoy greatly.
January 26th, 2005 11:40 AM
glencar I saw him perform on Conan a few years back. It was okay.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood