ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1972 Peter Beard
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1981 philly soundboard Return to archive
01-25-04 09:16 AM
jfk78 does anybody have it yet how is the sound and why did it take so long for it to come out.
01-25-04 10:47 AM
T&A your post suggests knowledge that in fact a Philly 81 soundboard exists. Is that true? I know of no such fact. Although, so many of the 81 boards are circulating, I guess it wouldn't be surprising. Which show (1st or 2nd) are we talking about?
01-25-04 10:49 AM
Moonisup I've read about it on IORR
01-25-04 12:54 PM
marko YES,it is a brand new SBD release,just released in Japan.
01-25-04 01:46 PM
jfk78 yea i thought it was true but who was holding on to that master tape i like to know. only took 23 years to come out.
01-25-04 02:01 PM
newbarbarian What is the date of the show? They played 2 shows. Thanks
01-25-04 02:17 PM
T&A just found out more - it's the second show - heard a sample of the rarely played Mona - sounds AWESOME! I believe they also played Tops at that show....
01-25-04 03:18 PM
cwatts0462 OK SO NOW THE BIG QUESTION
HOW AND WHERE DO WE GET IT
I WAS AT THIS SHOW I MUST HAVE IT
I HAVE A VG AUD VERSION OF THIS SHOW
01-25-04 06:08 PM
Gazza >yea i thought it was true but who was holding on to that master tape i like to know

You cant compare the circulation process of a soundboard to an audience recording. Its a completely different ballgame.

most soundboards take years to come into circulation. The band will record several shows on every tour for their own use. The people on the mixing desk may tape a few shows too for themselves. Whats in circulation as soundboards are only a tip of the iceberg.

The master tape would be in the custody of the band or someone very close to the band. They only usually get circulated when someone less scrupulous makes a copy and decides he wants to make a few quid out of it. Not surpisingly that can take years and years.
01-25-04 09:27 PM
BILL PERKS I HAVE A CASETTE OF 9-25-81(1ST SHOW)AND QUALITY OF SOUND IS GREAT EVEN THOUGH THE BAND WAS TERRIBLE.A GREAT EVENT THOUGH,THE ONE CONCERT I WISH COULD HAVE ATTENDED.
01-25-04 11:25 PM
kahoosier I recently heard a parts of a soundboard from the Pontiac Silverdome (Detroit) 1981, first night. I was at the show, remember it through the fog of substance abuse ( since cleared LOL) as being outstanding, and this soundboard seemed to prove it. It arrived as a trade, but had some serious flaws and skipped all over the place. The source is correcting it and I cannot wait to have it back.

Prior to that I only had a bad audience recording of the show.
01-26-04 12:16 AM
exilestones@netscape STREET FIGHTING MAN IN PHILADELPHIA-
EMPRESS VALLEY. This sound is mono, sound board recording. Includes Down The Road Apiece, Mona, All Down The Line, Street Fighting Man.

BEST VIEWED HIGH