ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1972 Peter Beard
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan Shepherd's Bush Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-26-04 10:19 PM
Gazza s>o is Shepherd's Bush an area of London?

yes...its in the west of the city and is where you can also find the BBC. the Stones played this venue in 1999 and Ronnie Wood also played it in 2001. He guested with Sheryl Crow there just 6 weeks or so ago too. Its a nice venue, and quite an old theatre. I'd say its been around since the music hall days of around the 1930's or so. It holds about 1,800 - 2,000.

> What is an Empire (venue)?
in this case, its the name of the theatre..theres a chain of them, like youd get a lot of Fox theatres, Apollo theatres, odeons etc. They preface it with "Shepherds Bush" to differentiate from other "Empire" theatres in London (such as the Holborn Empire, The Hackney Empire etc). they do the same with other simarly named venues (Lewisham odeon, leicester square Odeon, Hammersmith odeon etc) which are all within Greater London.

what is an empire pool (the Stones played there)? oh, and what is an AHOY (or is it Ahoy)? there are a few of those around, too. [note that I am not f*cking around; these are all serious questions]

The Empire Pool is the old name for the venue now known as Wembley Arena. it changed its name in the 70's. as Britain now has a Commonwealth instead of an Empire, I guess it sounded a bit archaic. Similarly, whilst Wembley Stadium (just around the corner in the same complex) has always been known to the world under that name, its original official title when it was opened in 1923 (and when it hosted the 1948 Olympics) was the Empire Stadium, Wembley.

For Ahoy - ask the Dutch! I've wondered about that myself!
[Edited by Gazza]
01-26-04 10:22 PM
mac_daddy many thanks, Gazza - that clears it all up...
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH