ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1972 Peter Beard
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: London, fashion & gossip: Lizzie Jagger interview Return to archive
01-23-04 09:42 AM
Monkey Woman My London: Liz Jagger
By Molly Gunn, Evening Standard
23 January 2004

The model and face of Lancôme eats pork crackling at Ffiona's, thinks the London Eye is a tourist trap and dresses in House of Jazz

How long have you lived there?
I've been back a year from New York where I was working.

What advice would you give to a tourist?
Go to museums and galleries such as Tate Modern on Bankside, but avoid the London Eye - it's a tourist trap.

What's your favourite restaurant?
I often go to a restaurant called Ffiona's on Kensington Church Street, W8 - it's a bistro that serves the best hearty English food, which I love. I go there a couple of times a month. She does all sorts of things such as bubble and squeak, bangers and mash and pork crackling.

What is your earliest London memory?
Playing in Holland Park - I used to spend school breaktime there.

What do you miss most when you're out of London?
The weather! Even though sometimes it's crap, it can be great. I also miss the old buildings, my family, my friends and good hearty British food like they do at Ffiona's.

What are your favourite home comforts?
The best home comfort is curling up on a big comfy couch and chilling out in comfy clothes like my tracksuit bottoms and a sweatshirt. Shepherd's pie is a great home comfort, too, either homemade or from somewhere like The Square Pie Company - they do so many good pies, including ones you can heat at home, and they have a concession in Selfridges Food Hall.

How do you get around town?
A lot of the time I'm chauffeurdriven in a Jaguar, Mercedes or BMW. It's great looking out of the window at London, especially when you go over a bridge and get a view down the Thames. When I drive myself I drive a Ford Ka.

Do you have a favourite pub?
Yes, I love the Roebuck on Richmond Hill - it's cosy, local and unpretentious. I'm not really into pretentious bars and parties.

Who's in your secret address book?
Butler & Wilson on South Molton Street, W1. It's a wonderful accessories shop, run by Simon Butler, that's chock-full of beautiful, glitzy stuff - perfect for parties.

What were the last books you bought?
A first edition of Dylan Thomas poetry and Hunter S Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Harvey Nicks or Selfridges?
Selfridges is just the best shop. It sells everything and it's all cool - from kitchenware to clothes. My favourite designers there are Louis de Gama, PPQ and House of Jazz. I just love browsing the rails for new stuff.

What was the last CD you bought?
Maxine Brown's Golden Classics - she was one of the greatest soul singers of the Sixties but hugely underrated.

What would you do if you were Mayor for the day?
I'd have everyone ride in horse-drawn carriages and say hello to each other instead of being unsociable.

What are your extravagances?
Caviar always goes down a treat. Another extravagance of mine is owning clothes that I want but never wear - like hugely expensive skimpy dresses in OTT fabrics.

Where were the last two places you went on holiday?
Rio de Janeiro, which was fabulous. Also I recently went to the tiny island of Mustique in the Caribbean with my friends and family - to hang out in the sun and relax.

What perfume do you wear?
Attraction by Lancôme. It smells really fresh. I'm the face of Lancôme which is great as I get to try all the products.

http://www.eveningstandard.co.uk/lifeandstyle/fashion/articles/8791916?source=Evening%20Standard
©2004 Associated New Media

------------

Well, the girl has good taste in music and books. And she knows how to handle an interview! Mick must be proud of his daughter.
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
01-23-04 10:01 AM
Jumacfly what s her fav position?
does she swallow?
chiba or weed??
fav football team??

these ARE the real questions!!!

ok, i go out...

cheers
Ju
01-23-04 12:51 PM
Monkey Woman LOL! They never ask interesting questions, don't they?
And I notice that men are rarely asked "What's your favorite cologne? Do you dye your hair? Do you prefer Heineken or Corona?"

BEST VIEWED HIGH