ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1972 Peter Beard
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick's nephew in trouble again Return to archive
01-23-04 09:31 AM
Monkey Woman Posted by Doug at Shidoobee:

Sir Mick's nephew faces jail again
By Nigel Rosser, Evening Standard
22 January 2004
Sir Mick Jagger's crack-addict nephew today faces jail after pleading guilty to burgling a house - weeks after being released from prison after serving a sentence for another theft.

John Jagger, the 25-year-old son of Sir Mick's brother Chris, admitted stealing jewellery, a passport and money from a house in Finsbury Park on 5 November last year to fund his drug habit.

He had been released from prison two months earlier and was on probation when the offence took place.

Jagger, who became hooked on crack cocaine at 16, has seven previous convictions for 13 offences, including burglary and theft.

He spoke only to confirm his name and plead guilty at Wood Green Crown Court.

After his son's plea, Chris Jagger said as he left court: "You have to pay. You have to take responsibility. That's what they tell us, the judges and everyone. It's his own fault.

"He volunteered to do a drug rehabilitation programme and he volunteered for the restorative justice programme last time.

"Have you ever been burgled? It's not nice being burgled. But he is not a violent person or an aggressive person."

He added: "Prison is part of the solution, part of the formula. But it's not the only thing. If it worked then I would not mind so much. But obviously that's why people go back to prison because it does not."

Defence counsel Paul Keleher told the court: "The circumstances hardly bode well for Mr Jagger, but there's an unusual background to this."

Judge Shawn Lyons said: "There's a young man who breached a community rehabilitation order by committing a burglary."

Privately-educated Jagger, whose mother is former model Kari Ann Moller, fell into a downward spiral after he tried crack cocaine for the first time at the age of 16.

The former window cleaner and labourer soon became gripped by a severe drug habit and to fund his lifestyle fell into a cycle of addiction and offending.

He began living in crack houses or sleeping rough and was taken to hospital on several occasions.

Last June he was sentenced to 12 months in prison for breaking into a house in Hornsey and stealing car keys,

credit cards, a brief case and £60 in cash in what was described as "a terrifying raid" while the owner, Rachel Cooper, was watching television downstairs.

Sir Mick said at the time: "John has been very courageous in facing up to his personal problems and this is a real setback to his recovery.

"The whole family will continue to be very supportive to him."

Jagger was remanded in custody until 13 February to give time for a probation report to be completed before sentencing takes place.
01-23-04 09:37 AM
Jumacfly he should ask Ronnie the adress of the clinic..
01-23-04 09:41 AM
Factory Girl post a pick please!!
01-23-04 09:44 AM
Factory Girl Why can't Mick just give his nephew money for this??

Given nephew's lifestyle, he won't be here long.

01-23-04 09:46 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
post a pick please!!

No pic in the article, alas! Here's the link though:
http://www.eveningstandard.co.uk/news/articles/8779901?source=Evening%20Standard
01-23-04 12:09 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Why can't Mick just give his nephew money for this??

What would that solve for the young man? He would never learn.
01-23-04 12:47 PM
Monkey Woman I tend to agree with Angie. To get cured, one needs to learn responsability. It must be awful for the family, especially Chris and the boy's mother.
01-23-04 01:04 PM
Factory Girl Angie, I was being sarcastic. I'm sorry, if that didn't come through.

Sadly, I don't see this guy "learning his lesson". He's too far gone.
01-23-04 01:22 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, I guess he is.
01-23-04 03:01 PM
Factory Girl Besides, isn't he better suited to be Keith's nephew???
01-23-04 03:52 PM
Angiegirl Maybe there was a mix-up after his birth?
01-23-04 03:59 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Maybe there was a mix-up after his birth?

Probably. That would make me Mick's nephew.
01-26-04 11:33 AM
glencar It's too bad people fall into that lifestyle. It sounds like Chris Jagger has the right attitude. I hope he finds a cure quickly!
01-26-04 12:07 PM
Factory Girl glennie, Chris Jagger isn't on crank. His son, John Jagger, is on crank.

PS. Any pics of John J. out there?
01-26-04 12:14 PM
moy i'm not sure if this is the right guy, but i'm sure is a "john jagger"

[Edited by moy]
01-26-04 12:24 PM
Factory Girl Thanks moy. This guy looks too "clean cut", though.
01-26-04 12:31 PM
Jumacfly poor rich kid...

BEST VIEWED HIGH