ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1972 Peter Beard
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: That Fucking Header Pic! Return to archive
01-22-04 01:44 AM
sirmoonie One I never seen befo!

Voodoo you shock and amaze me. Shock o' maze.

"Knife sharpened tippy toe, muhfuckin' black panther, thats Mick Jagger, Ronnie!"
01-22-04 07:25 AM
LadyJane Jagglicious!!

I've never seen that one either!

I would venture to say that the Stones are the most photographed band in the history of Rock N Roll.

LJ.
01-22-04 08:55 AM
Phog Cool as hell. It's straight from the '72 tour program ain't it?
01-22-04 09:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes Phog, same as yeeterday's header, it comes from the 1972 tour program.
01-22-04 09:25 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I removed the chiba background to make it look better but now the Post, reply and the tongue icons are ahowing the chiba background LOL
01-22-04 09:29 AM
Phog That program is chock-full of excellent photos. I love the one of the band performing underneath the big tongue, which you've used as a header before. Jagger looks pretty freaky in that picture. Anyway, good to see these gems online everyday!!
01-22-04 09:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Of one thing I’m not sure and it's the date of the images, some look like 1972 (the airplane, etc) but the program is for the 1972 tour. For example the 1978 tour have photos from the 1975 tour and the 1981 tour have images from the 1978 tour, etc.

That's why I wrote circa 1971, after all 1972 is circa 1971 and © is 1972 but just curious: Does anybody here know the dates of those pix?
01-22-04 09:47 AM
Phog I think with the '72 program they didn't start selling it at shows until they had already started the tour. The first handful of concerts were photographed, and the program was compiled from those photos.
01-22-04 10:27 AM
Monkey Woman Very impressive header! Dark, foreboding and Jagglicious!
The Midnight Rambler in person...
01-22-04 10:30 AM
stoneslib Today's crouching header is from one of the California matinee shows, very likely Los Angeles, June 11, 1st show.

The tell-tale markers here are the black tanktop, bracelets on both wrists, and no scarf. These are indicators for LA1.

H
01-22-04 10:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Phog wrote:
I think with the '72 program they didn't start selling it at shows until they had already started the tour. The first handful of concerts were photographed, and the program was compiled from those photos.

I agree with ya, in fact that was my assumption, so maybe those pix are from the very first show, I'm gonna ask the expert and that's Harold aka Stoneslib
01-22-04 10:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL seems that Stoneslib and I were posting at the same time, now we have an answer, thanks!
01-22-04 10:53 AM
Joey " That program is chock-full of excellent photos. I love the one of the band performing underneath the big tongue, which you've used as a header before. Jagger looks pretty freaky in that picture. Anyway, good to see these gems online everyday!! "

Amen !!!!!!!!!

Makes Joey very Moist .

" The Post with the Most Ronnie ! "

Jercee
01-22-04 11:11 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
stoneslib wrote:
Today's crouching header is from one of the California matinee shows, very likely Los Angeles, June 11, 1st show.

The tell-tale markers here are the black tanktop, bracelets on both wrists, and no scarf. These are indicators for LA1.

H

Thats pretty amazing. You're like a Stoneslock Holmes. Or something.

Whats a matinee show, btw?
[Edited by sirmoonie]
01-22-04 11:27 AM
Zeeta A shown the afternoon mate.

I didn't know this until recently it's a theatre / showbiz land thing usually apparently !
01-22-04 05:13 PM
stoneslib "Thats pretty amazing. You're like a Stoneslock Holmes. Or something."

You're very kind. Thanks. My expertise/monomania extends only to 1972 pics and press - outside that narrow realm, I'm just an average fan.

Harold
01-22-04 05:20 PM
caro
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
The Midnight Rambler in person...

Hey MW, that's what I thought too!
And to think that the original of this pic is probably rotting in someone's attic...
[Edited by caro]
01-23-04 09:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the reference header:

Circa 1971 - © 1972 Sunday Promotions Inc.

BEST VIEWED HIGH