ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1972 Peter Beard
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Yardbirds on the Stones Return to archive
01-21-04 09:46 AM
FotiniD Hm, I stumbled across this. It's part of an interview with Chris Dreja of the Yardbirds, when they played Greece last October (trying my best with the translation):

Q: Who's the oldest in the business, the Stones or you?
CD: Who's spreading these rumours? (laughs). Hmm, I don't know. You tell me, you're the journalist and you're young enough, because my memory sometimes fails me. One thing's certain, we're the only survivors. Now that I think about it, I think we are really honored by this characterization and it'd be nice to play together and promote the gig as "The two oldest bands in the world".

Q: Or "80 years of music in three hours"
CD: Even better.
01-21-04 07:27 PM
scratched The Shadows are still going too.
01-22-04 02:36 AM
Doxa Do the Yardbirds still exist? And through all these years? Those guys really know how to keep a secret!

Doxa
01-22-04 02:41 AM
glencar It's probably like the Temptations - they hung around for many years after their prime with members who had never been near the real band. Shameless, really.
01-22-04 08:32 AM
alex_taper The drummer is still in the band, they also have the ex-Doctor Feelgood guitarist (Gypie Mayo) who is fantastic.
I've seen them a few years ago and it's not bad at all, they still play "dazed and confused"!!
01-22-04 08:39 AM
alex_taper So they are two survivors : Chris Dreja and Jim Mc Carthy
01-22-04 05:20 PM
Gazza The Shadows are doing a "final" tour in 2004.

However, the longest running band of them all would be the Four Tops - the original line up was together from 1954 until Lawrence Payton died in 1997. The others continued as "The Tops" and are still goin', I think. All are original members.

The Blind Boys of Alabama have been going since around the 1940's I guess but I'd imagine with several personnel changes

BEST VIEWED HIGH