ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1972 Peter Beard
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DVD Gimme Shelter Return to archive
01-16-04 06:52 PM
christijanus I've recently bought the DVD Gimme Shelter and in the Bonus footage I get sometimes a white or pink screen and the sound is still on, is this with all the copies? I have a region free DVD
[Edited by christijanus]
01-16-04 07:28 PM
tumblingdice Yes this is on all copies. I think it mentiones something about it in the booklet that comes with the DVD set.
01-17-04 08:10 AM
glencar It's only during songs that were unreleased the first time around. Still worth it for seeing the band at their peak.
01-23-04 07:07 PM
stewed & Keefed Has anybody got this DVD on Pal format,I have it on VHS Tape,but it seems to be only available on NTSC format.
Cheers
Steve
01-23-04 07:40 PM
egon my copy doesn't say anything about pal or ntsc. (and has no region)

the dvd player will play it anyway, it's just a question if your tv can deal with the signal. (which is the case with most tv's nowadays)

01-24-04 08:32 AM
corgi37 Yes, all true, but sadly, older dvd players might not play it. M $800 LG wont, but my $98 Nintaus will. It's still not available in Oz, but hey, fuck em all, i got it. The sound and extras are awesome. Prodigal Son is boring as batshit, except for the fact they had the balls to do it live. And man, didnt they fuck up the ending! Very endearing. Gotta say though, the commentary is sooooooo dull, and sheds little on the atmosphere and general feelings of the show. And no mention of George Lucas!
01-24-04 09:16 AM
Stonefarker It's a great DVD and a must have! Even better as it's a dual-layered DVD which means it is 2 normal DVDs put onto 1 convenient DVD !!
The extras are fantastic - you always wonder what else is hidden in the vaults....

Not sure whether it will get to Aussie shores - I bought mine via Ebay and it's region 1.

Incidently, here's a cool site for people who have a region-only player and want to de-code it to read ALL regions:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?s=3&p=all

Simply type in your DVD player brand and follow the instructions - not every DVD player will be listed.

Stonefarker
01-25-04 06:05 AM
egon sorry, it does have a region; 1.

thanks for the link farker.
my dvd player is fucked and won't play region 1 anymore.
i will have a look on that website!

BEST VIEWED HIGH