ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1972 Peter Beard
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack White news Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-16-04 01:37 PM
Factory Girl FPM, as always, you are a most eloquent Monkey!
01-16-04 01:56 PM
Gimme Shelter What’s the similarity between Michael Jackson and K-Mart?

-They both have little boy’s drawers half-off.
01-18-04 11:45 PM
FPM C10 I have no idea who's talking to who about what.

>Albeit a mite hyperbolic.

I don't think so - the only art project/rock bands I can think of are/were the Velvets, Talking Heads, and the White Stripes. The Stripes rock considerably harder that the Heads, hands down.

>It's the dope. They live in the country and hate the other livestock. Jealousy.

Who do? Who are "they"? The White Stripes? Nope. They live in Detroit. The only livestock are rats. Is "they" me? Or me and SS? Are we jealous of The White Stripes? Um, no. We really really LIKE the White Stripes. If they ever decide they need a bass player I want them to adopt me.

>Hey - I've got a job offer and may be in your neck of the woods again in the next few months.

Again, who are you talking to? Nasty Habits? Or have I changed from "they" to "you"? Or are you talking to SS? Or the White Stripes? Or what?

>I'll try my dandiest to stop in. It will be be swell!

I probably won't be be home.
01-19-04 12:05 PM
Martha
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Jack has a real 'knarly' look to him in person...he can pull it off and get away with it.
Animal magnetism at it's best!

Damn straight he pulls off the animal magnetism Pammy! Did he have underrware on at the show you attended? He did not at the Cleveland gig. The way he attacks that Airline...he makes my hormones jitter. I have been dreaming about him ever since...sorry Mick.

I really appreciate all the art class information and connections therein. I'm learning so much!

FPM C-10, Nasty, and SS I want to sign up for next semester, early!

When can I see the WS again? And where?????

xxxooo,
Martha the Teachers' Pet
01-19-04 12:14 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I have no idea who's talking to who about what.

>Albeit a mite hyperbolic.

I don't think so - the only art project/rock bands I can think of are/were the Velvets, Talking Heads, and the White Stripes. The Stripes rock considerably harder that the Heads, hands down.

????

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing -- don't know exactly what you mean by art project/rock bands (do you mean they use visual as well as aural cue/codes?)

Pere Ubu (and particularly their considerably harder rockin' forefathers Rocket from the Tombs), Minutemen, Debris, the early (and contemporary) Wire band, and Billy Childish's various and sundry projects but especially Thee Headcoats are just five off-the-top-of-my head bands hanging on the Art/Rock corner that either rock with or outrock the Stripes. I mean, god bless Meg and Jack, and the first White Stripes album is probably my favorite record of the last seven years, but the best art/rock band since the Velvets? No, I don't think so.

01-21-04 10:30 PM
mac_daddy sort of on-topic...

01-23-04 09:34 AM
Factory Girl mac daddy, can you please delete/edit out the Jacko pic-it just scares me!! TIA!

01-24-04 07:49 PM
mac_daddy >>> can you please delete/edit out the Jacko pic-it just scares me!! TIA!

what does TIA mean..?
_____

I figured I could redeem myself to you with this pic (I havent seen you post it yet, so maybe it is new to you)...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
01-25-04 06:30 PM
Factory Girl Thank you maccy, but I've seen that pic of Layne.

TIA means 'Thanks in advance'.

PS. Layne was pretty before the smack effects set in. F/ing shame, and a great talent as well.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH