ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dead Fans & Torrent Afficianados Check This Out! Return to archive
28th January 2007 03:20 PM
gimmekeef http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503718

This is an incredible piece of work and worth the d/l just for the sound and workmanship.Over 200 hrs work by the uploader of taking 3 audience sources and a soundboard in a matrix.Then mixed in 5.1 DTS Surround Stereo.Dead in 82 Portland and the results are some of the best boot sound I have ever heard!..Wonder if he could do something similar with the Japanese Stones shows out there?
28th January 2007 03:24 PM
Fiji Joe While we're on the dead...almost 3,000 recorded shows at this link...for those who don't have the patience for bittorent and still want flac

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20%2Fmetadata%2Fcreator%3A%22Grateful%20Dead%22&sort=-%2Freviews%2Finfo%2Favg_rating%3B-%2Freviews%2Finfo%2Fnum_reviews

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
28th January 2007 03:55 PM
lotsajizz That Portland show is well known...9/17 I believe. A Spanish Jam and the debut of Touch of Gray. I must confess resentment when it came out officially in a studio version 5 years later and engendered thousands of bandwagon-hoppin' kiddies who had know idea of what it was/is to be a Deadhead. Those 'Touchheads' and their ignorant behavior earned the group much antipathy and cost it many venues.
28th January 2007 04:00 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
While we're on the dead...almost 3,000 recorded shows at this link...for those who don't have the patience for bittorent and still want flac

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20%2Fmetadata%2Fcreator%3A%22Grateful%20Dead%22&sort=-%2Freviews%2Finfo%2Favg_rating%3B-%2Freviews%2Finfo%2Fnum_reviews

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Wow, I was at that Beacon Theater gig in '76.
28th January 2007 05:07 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
That Portland show is well known...9/17 I believe. A Spanish Jam and the debut of Touch of Gray.

9/17/82 indeed.

Throwing Stones, not Touch Of Grey, made it's debut that night.

Touch was played for the first time two nights earlier at the Cap Centre (RIP).
28th January 2007 05:34 PM
Poplar
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Cap Centre (RIP).

one of the bigest shit holes i ever stepped foot in.
28th January 2007 06:39 PM
mojoman
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
That Portland show is well known...9/17 I believe. A Spanish Jam and the debut of Touch of Gray. I must confess resentment when it came out officially in a studio version 5 years later and engendered thousands of bandwagon-hoppin' kiddies who had know idea of what it was/is to be a Deadhead. Those 'Touchheads' and their ignorant behavior earned the group much antipathy and cost it many venues.

portland was a smallish place...went to the next night at the boston garden remember buying the tix when they went onsale they had them all stacked up at the window. got 5th row or something
28th January 2007 06:51 PM
Bingo Portland was a tiny place....that was a good show, I think that was my 3rd of 150+ Grateful Dead shows.
28th January 2007 07:04 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Poplar wrote:

one of the bigest shit holes i ever stepped foot in.

Landover, Maryland right? Cops were some of the worst I ever saw and even in the 80's they ARRESTED people for smoking TOBACCO inside!!!!! It was so random!
28th January 2007 08:58 PM
Lazy Bones thanks for the heads up, gk!

anxiously awaiting...
29th January 2007 04:20 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
While we're on the dead...almost 3,000 recorded shows at this link...for those who don't have the patience for bittorent and still want flac

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Thanks FJ - excellent site!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)