ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone know if this is true? Return to archive
26th January 2007 07:34 PM
steel driving hammer If so, thats fine I guess but if not, how rude are the English media.

Mick Jagger Relies On Oxygen Mask To Get Through His Shows

To help him get through his grueling live performances, Mick Jagger has an oxygen tank backstage. At 63, the Rolling Stones lead singer struggles to keep his energy levels up for an entire two-hour performance, so when guitarist Keith Richards plays his two solo songs, Mick goes backstage and straps on an oxygen mask.

A source told Britain's Daily Star newspaper, "It helps him get his breath back quicker, keeps the airways clear and gives him what he needs to get back out and step it up a gear for the second half of the show."

A spokesman for the Stones confirmed that Jagger has been using an oxygen tank on the band's "A Bigger Bang" world tour.

"Lots of singers have an oxygen tank by the stage. It's fairly common," he said.

Jagger also reportedly uses the natural high to help him stay up for all-night parties.

"Ronnie Wood threw a party last Sunday after their Twickenham show. And Mick had a few lungfuls of oxygen before that too, just to help him make the most of the party and stop him from dozing off," said a source.

Jagger isn't the only star to use an oxygen tank. Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose inhales pure oxygen before live shows, while Michael Jackson has been reported to sleep in an oxygen tank in an attempt to try and stay looking young.

http://www.exposay.com/mick-jagger-relies-on-oxygen-mask-to-get-through-his-shows/v/3914/

26th January 2007 07:36 PM
Back Street Girl steel driving hammer. hope are you better now ?

[Edited by Back Street Girl]
26th January 2007 07:38 PM
Back Street Girl I hope so x
26th January 2007 07:39 PM
steel driving hammer Thanks, if not better, wiser.
26th January 2007 07:43 PM
Back Street Girl Stay cool,I know the pain.
26th January 2007 07:43 PM
Nellcote I dig Nick Lowe, but Dave Edmunds version of Bride is better...Too bad the two of them don't hook up again, they were wicked pissa together!
26th January 2007 07:44 PM
sirmoonie The way that man runs around - there is no way Mick couldn't be huffing O2 during his performances. Even professional athletes in sports such as football and basketball have oxygen tanks on the sidelines for just such purposes.

Ever seen a Denver Stones' show? The audience is flapping around like hooked cod at the end of the show. Mick Jagger is a grueler.
26th January 2007 07:46 PM
Fiji Joe Never heard anything like that..even if it were true...big deal...the man moves on stage more than any front man or woman out there...and he's old as fuck...and been doing it for years...I don't care if he's sniffing glue and farting in jars...just dance little sister
27th January 2007 01:07 AM
Brainbell Jangler First booze and pot, then acid, then coke and heroin, and now oxygen? Will the depravity never cease?
27th January 2007 01:12 AM
LAMF who cares if he uses it. he is in his 60's. id be dead, nevermind playing shows.
27th January 2007 01:14 AM
pdog not one mention of Ronnie's whippit habit...
27th January 2007 01:50 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
First booze and pot, then acid, then coke and heroin, and now oxygen? Will the depravity never cease?

Let's hope not!
27th January 2007 09:23 AM
new faces
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose inhales pure oxygen before live shows, while Michael Jackson has been reported to sleep in an oxygen tank in an attempt to try and stay looking young.[/b]

http://www.exposay.com/mick-jagger-relies-on-oxygen-mask-to-get-through-his-shows/v/3914/

Wouldn't pure oxygen kill you?

27th January 2007 10:47 AM
Cocaine Eyes I think that article was talked about in a real music magazine and it was declared untrue. Sorry, I don't recall which magazine, but I do remember reading about it being untrue.
29th January 2007 08:29 AM
kovach I remember seeing him exit the stage after the main set before the encores in '81 and he did this, so it's nothing new...25 years later!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)