ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Billboard: Van Halen to reunite with David Lee Roth Return to archive
25th January 2007 10:09 AM
Poison Dart According to Bilboard.com Van Halen may sign a contract as early as today with Live Nation for a 40 city ampitheatre tour with David Lee Roth.

According to Billboard the rumors about Michael Anthony being out of the group and Wolfie Van Halen being in the group are true.

How lame is it that Van Halen is going to reunite with Roth but have a 15 year old little boy on bass?

I can't wait for the circus/soap opera that is sure to go down at the rock + roll hall of fame in March.
25th January 2007 10:28 AM
glencar
25th January 2007 10:40 AM
Carlos Pigozzi Again ???? Hope David won't be close to Beck this time.
25th January 2007 10:45 AM
Jumping Jack Cohl = Fan Club, Hot Seats, Best Tickets to Brokers, $200+ Seats, Anal Rape.

Enjoy. I think I will wait for the reviews before spending big bucks on this one. Eddie sucked big time the last go around.

H U M I L I A T I O N
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
25th January 2007 10:49 AM
UGot2Rollme Yes, there is a God (Van Halen reunited with Roth),
and he sure does have a sense of humor (Wolfie on bass).
25th January 2007 10:50 AM
Poison Dart How the hell are they going to sell a 15 year old bass player to a public that has been waiting forever for a reunion?

I don't consider it a reunion w/out M.Anthony.

These guys are the ultimate train wreck. I love it
25th January 2007 11:03 AM
tumbled might as well jump
25th January 2007 11:46 AM
egon Who's gonna play Eddie Van Halen?
25th January 2007 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
According to Bilboard.com Van Halen may sign a contract as early as today with Live Nation for a 40 city ampitheatre tour with David Lee Roth.

According to Billboard the rumors about Michael Anthony being out of the group and Wolfie Van Halen being in the group are true.

How lame is it that Van Halen is going to reunite with Roth but have a 15 year old little boy on bass?

I can't wait for the circus/soap opera that is sure to go down at the rock + roll hall of fame in March.

I am now so excited that I literally could just Drop a Log

************* END TRANSMISSION *****************
25th January 2007 12:40 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Joey wrote:
I am now so excited that I literally could just Drop a Log

Maybe now you'll poop the other one out so I can bury them together, bastard.

25th January 2007 01:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Maybe now you'll poop the other one out so I can bury them together, bastard.

Maxy ..................?!

M- MACKY .......................?!?!

Is that really you ?!

Man , where in the HELL have you been these past few months ?! One thing about you ol' pal , you were ALWAYS Minty Fresh and you sure knew how to write a post .

Speaking of which ............................

Ahem ! ......... AHEM !!!!!!

M- M- Material ?!

|
|
V

Kins ! ™
25th January 2007 01:35 PM
Martha I'm setting my timer......how many minutes will Eddie be able to get along with Dave and vice versa. Minutes is all I'm givin' this one.

;-)
25th January 2007 01:37 PM
Dan 10 years too late.
25th January 2007 01:39 PM
pdog 3 words!
Ha! Ha! Ha!
25th January 2007 03:53 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
egon wrote:
Who's gonna play Eddie Van Halen?

Mr. Blondie Chaplin.
25th January 2007 04:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:
I'm setting my timer......how many minutes will Eddie be able to get along with Dave and vice versa. Minutes is all I'm givin' this one.

;-)

Martha .................................

You are on FIRE !
25th January 2007 04:30 PM
Dan What will last longer, the Van Halen reunion or the Police reunion?
25th January 2007 05:33 PM
Some Guy Van Halen is back -- with David Lee Roth
The band will launch its first tour with its original singer in 20 years this spring.
By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
January 25, 2007

Give credit (or blame?) to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-David Lee Roth is back with Van Halen and planning to tour.

The mercurial Roth, who officially left Van Halen on April Fool's Day in 1985, will reportedly reunite with his old band mates for a tour that kicks off in North Carolina in early May and includes June stops in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego counties, according to sources in the concert industry.

The band has been planning a splashy press conference in Los Angeles to announce the news, but word leaked out today. There had been intense speculation that the reunion might happen after the announcement this month that the band would be inducted into the Hall of Fame in New York on March 12. That induction ceremony at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel could be a study in awkward stage politics now considering that Hagar, the on-again-off-again replacement for Roth is being inducted as well.

Hagar sang with the band on their lucrative tour dates in 2004 and 2005 and told The Times a few weeks ago that he hoped the ceremony would be a good-spirited celebration of the band's legacy. Now, he faces the prospect of playing the rock bridesmaid at the public celebration of his band's rekindled first marriage.

Hagar and Roth have feuded publicly and in 2002 when they turned their public animus into a tour of strange bedfellows, the venture dipped into soap opera almost daily.

It's not technically Roth's first return to the band; he appeared on stage with the band - which is guitar hero Eddie Van Halen, drummer Alex Van Halen and bassist Michael Anthony - at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1996. They recorded a few songs but then it was all off again.

Roth's return will be met with exultation for fans of the band's edgier and raunchier Sunset Strip metal roots and their remarkable six-album rise the top of rock stardom, which began with "Van Halen" in 1979, an album that has shipped more than 10 million copies to stores, according to Recording Industry Assn. of America.

Hagar's entry into the lineup in 1985 marked a step toward a less aggressive edge and more mainstream sound. Fans have long debated which line-up truly rules and now Roth will get a chance to present his argument on stage for the first time since the Reagan administration.
25th January 2007 05:55 PM
Poison Dart It could have been cool, but Wolfie being in the band just ruins the whole thing.

What a joke.
25th January 2007 06:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
It could have been cool, but Wolfie being in the band just ruins the whole thing.

Yeah, but I'll betcha he gets an A on his next "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" essay.
25th January 2007 06:14 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Maxy ..................?!

M- MACKY .......................?!?!

Is that really you ?!

Man , where in the HELL have you been these past few months ?! One thing about you ol' pal , you were ALWAYS Minty Fresh and you sure knew how to write a post .

Speaking of which ............................

Ahem ! ......... AHEM !!!!!!

M- M- Material ?!

|
|
V

Kins ! ™

When it's love...
25th January 2007 06:18 PM
Jethrostone If they do have David back, I'll be mad. Why Wolfie? Get Micheal back!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)