ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Freedom of Speech, does it exist anywhere on the planet? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th January 2007 01:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Obviously someone who couldn't afford a ticket...

Now THAT was a good excuse!
27th January 2007 01:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>That these idiots would go to London and slam the ppresident of the United States durin atime of war and expect no fallout from thier fans just shows an extreme case of idiocy.<

Number 1...it's not a "time of war." The invasion of Iraq was based on lies, illegal and unconstitutional. Iraq didn't attack us.
Bush is the idiot. No... worse than an idiot, immoral and corrupt, spiritually, mentally, emotionlly...I'll be glad when he's gone. This guy is the worst president in the history of the Republic, bar none.

Hey TTM please tell me who exactly lied. Was it Bush? Clinton? Israel? Germany? The UN Inspectors? Russia? France? China? I mean all of those stated that Iraq had WMDs,and they stated that based on the facts at hand. In fact I'd say that it's a safe bet that those WMDs are sitting in the Bekkah(sp?) Valley even as I type. So who lied? Well,we know goddamned good and well that Saddam had a thrity year history of lying,so do we trust?

Also,was the invasion of Kosovo immoral and illegal? I mean the holiest of holies the Democrats' big brother the UN did not give Bubba permission to attack Bosnia. So why was that war ok by you?

YES IT SURE AS FUCK IS A TIME OF WAR!!! Fuck! Do you not remember 9/11/01?!?!?! And before you start with that stupid tired liberal line "Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 ....." Why don't you consider the very real fact that they were the one country inside the Middle East that had violated every single UN Resolution that they had agreed to. They WERE supporting terrorists orginizations worldwide. They were housing wanted radical terrorists at the time of the invasion. Abu Abbas sound familiar TTM?!?! $25,000.00 to every martyr inside Israel sound familiar? Yet to you Bush is the immoral one here!!

Yes the war has turned into a clusterfuck. Namely because we are not decimating entire towns with massive bombardment. There was a time when this country knew how to wage war with sadistic fucks like these asshats. Now days we are so goddamned worried about "appearance" that we are fighting with one arm tied behind our back.

Another argument that is tired and false is the one that goes,"This is ot a conventional war! We don't know who the enemy is...." Bullshit!! We know exactly who they are! They are radical Islamists that want us all dead. The military even knows where they are. We should go into the towns were these fucks reside and make it very clear. If we loose more US troop because some radical from this town has rigged an IED then we will level the entire town and kill everyone in it regardless of guilt or innocence. Sounds a bit brutal,huh? Well guess what? That's exactly what we did in WWII. Townsfolk tend to rethink who they want to support when they know that their world is about to end. War is ugly,and it's beyond time we showed these fucks just how ugly it can be when we are determined to win. Of course,in today's PC age we are not allowed to fight as visiously as our enemy. I wonder why that is? Lord knows those radical fucktards could give two shits about "collateral damage"! Yet liberals insist that we fight an antiseptic war.

No wonder we are bogged the fuck down.

Oh,and one more thing,only far left freaks think that Bush is " immoral and corrupt, spiritually, mentally, emotionlly". Everyone that knows him personally be they Dem or Repub say the exact opposite of that. He may well have made some mistakes,no shit,but to call him immoral is beyond the pale. How the hell would you have handled things had your country just been delivered the most devastating attack in it's history while you were POTUS? He could not afford to "trust" Saddam anymore! All bets were off after that date. The fact is that many intel agencies from around the world were consulted and every single one of them confirmed what we thought about the WMDs. The fucked thing is that had we ignored Iraq,and then we were attacked by them Bush would have been hung out to dry by the same freaks that are hanging him out now.

Nice living with that 20/20 hindsight vision,huh TTM?

God we need another Reagan and Patton right about now!

Riffy
27th January 2007 05:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >God we need another Reagan and Patton right about now!<

I'd prefer another Gandhi.
http://www.antiwar.com/prather/?articleid=10410

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
27th January 2007 05:20 PM
glencar
quote:
*ginda wrote:
You beat me to the punch, TTM. Right on, brother!

Yes, he knows all the cool songs.
27th January 2007 05:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, he knows all the cool songs.

Thank you.

27th January 2007 05:27 PM
kath in answer to the original thread question, imho the answer is no. sometimes only in your home or in the privacy of your car alone when you're driving really, really fast and well you know...you feel like "wtf?" and you go faster and faster and you see the tree and you think "it's just a stinkin' tree" and faster and faster..................

oops. sorrrrrrryyyyyy.......

[Edited by kath]
27th January 2007 05:34 PM
glencar "51" that's crazy talk!
27th January 2007 05:43 PM
steel driving hammer Free speech = Free mind...

After Lennon was shot...he had three days to prove his remark comparing him to Jesus was true.

Like the Apostles, were still waiting...
27th January 2007 05:55 PM
*ginda [quote]kath wrote:
in answer to the original thread question, imho the answer is no. sometimes only in your home or in the privacy of your car alone when you're driving really, really fast and well you know...you feel like "wtf?" and you go faster and faster and you see the tree and you think "it's just a stinkin' tree" and faster and faster..................

I value trees, Kath. When I'm driving in that wtf state of mind I'm thinking "it's just a stinkin' jogger."

27th January 2007 06:12 PM
pdog brilliant posting SDH & Ginda! Two great laughs before I drive 200 miles and never leave SF.
27th January 2007 06:59 PM
kath indeed. much better choice, joggers.....faster.....faster.......heh heh heh........
27th January 2007 07:04 PM
*ginda
quote:
kath wrote:
indeed. much better choice, joggers.....faster.....faster.......heh heh heh........

Precisely. A little challenge does the old ticker good. Check your pm now dearie.
27th January 2007 07:24 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Feel Like I'm Fixing To Die Rag

Come on all of you big strong men
Uncle Sam needs your help again
he's got himself in a terrible jam
way down yonder in Viet Nam so
put down your books and pick up a gun we're
gonna have a whole lotta fun

(CHORUS)
And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for
don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die

Come on generals, let's move fast
your big chance has come at last
now you can go out and get those reds
cos the only good commie is the one that's dead and
you know that peace can only be won when we've
blown 'em all to kingdom come

Come on wall street don't be slow
why man this war is a go-go
there's plenty good money to be made by
supplying the army with the tools of its trade
let's hope and pray that if they drop the bomb,
they drop it on the Viet Cong

Come on mothers throughout the land
pack your boys off to Viet Nam
come on fathers don't hesitate
send your sons off before it's too late
and you can be the first ones on your block
to have your boy come home in a box

The War is LOST !!!!!!!!

LBJOEYKINS !
27th January 2007 07:32 PM
mojoman you get what you pay for
27th January 2007 09:08 PM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

There was a bomb scare because the Stones recorded a song called 'Sweet NeoCon'? er, no. There was a bomb scare because one crank thought it would be funny to disrupt 50,000 people's night out with their idea of a sick joke. There are bomb scares everywhere all the time. I was caught up in one 3 days ago. I dont take it personally.

The Stones played almost twice as many shows in the US on this tour as they did on any previous tour and raked in more money than on any tour in history. Whatever fall-out they had due to some laughably, inane, shitty song was inconsequential when you measure it against that.

Maybe thats where we got things wrong in Europe. If we'd called in bomb scares at a show or two they might have kept coming back over and over to spite the cranks and we might have got 80 shows as well...LOL

Good point as usual Gazza! I thought the RS bomb scare was because of Neocon but if it was or it wasnt the cause of it, you are right to say the song had relatively little impact on overall ticket sales.

Gazza where were you in a bomb scare? Did they have one in Ireland? I did not hear that on the news, was it terrorists? So were you scared?
27th January 2007 09:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Gazza where were you in a bomb scare? Did they have one in Ireland? I did not hear that on the news, was it terrorists? So were you scared?

1. Yes
2. Yes. They're somewhat common
3. Yes
4. No. We're used to it and it's usually nothing more than cranks
27th January 2007 09:37 PM
steel driving hammer What are you doing up so late man?

Get It On Rider!!!
28th January 2007 05:04 AM
corgi37 Not really about free speech, but i just remembered this. A few years ago a kid got caught shoplifting. He was 12 years old or so. This is in Queensland, which our equal of the deep south. Anyway, the Magistrate made the kid wear a t-shirt around the small town saying "I am a thief".

Within a week or two, "I am a thief" t-shirts were everywhere.

28th January 2007 02:11 PM
kath hey, almost like a nixon shirt, only HONEST!!!!
wow, i can see where that WOULD catch on!!!!

quote:
Precisely. A little challenge does the old ticker good. Check your pm now dearie.

done dearie, answer soon!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)