ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Voodoo show from Giants Stadium 1994 on VHS Return to archive
24th January 2007 12:33 PM
jaymze Was in a second hand record shop today. Came across a VHS of a 'Stones show from Giants Stadium in 1994 from the Voodoo Lounge tour. Its a professional video, well shot and with a different set list from the other offical release video from Miami that I have had for years.

I had never even known that this video was in existance. For just £3.99 it was the best purchase I made this week!!

Can anyone give me any information on this release? I am mighty intrigued with it!

24th January 2007 12:40 PM
Saint Sway I think I bought thru the fan club at the time
24th January 2007 12:45 PM
nankerphelge I have it too -- great show despite the rain.

And the intro is freakin' classic with the roadie!
24th January 2007 12:55 PM
jaymze It does look like a fan club release alright. That explains where it came from originally.

And yeah the intro is very funny.... "I thought YOU were Ronnie!!"

Good Stuff!
24th January 2007 01:19 PM
Some Guy I got that at the Birmingham Ala. show that year.
24th January 2007 01:34 PM
Gazza Not a fan club release as such, but a video that was actually on sale at the Voodoo Lounge shows within a few weeks of it being filmed
24th January 2007 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I got that at the Birmingham Ala. show that year.

I assume you were at other shows later that year, as that would have been impossible

They played Birmingham, Ala. a week BEFORE the Giants Stadium show where this was filmed.
24th January 2007 01:36 PM
Dan I was in Vegas a few days before the MGM shows to see Aerosmith and they had already had merch kiosks so I bought it there. I watched it without sound and CDs playing a few times but I wanted to be surprised by the setlist at the Rose Bowl shows the following week. Also walked right into the arena where they were just starting to construct the stage and wandering back where dressing rooms were already labeled.
24th January 2007 02:04 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I assume you were at other shows later that year, as that would have been impossible

They played Birmingham, Ala. a week BEFORE the Giants Stadium show where this was filmed.

maybe in Atl then, I forget.
24th January 2007 02:50 PM
Saint Sway well done.

Dan is my Apprentice
24th January 2007 11:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is it worth buying? I saw it in a record store and didn't buy it as it was expensive and with just a few songs already available in other Voodoo videos.
25th January 2007 04:45 AM
vox12string Bought this Down Under same time as the Miami show, yes the roadie is a hoot. Different show, different camera shots, etc. yes, I'd recommend it. Never enough Stones. There is nothing on the vid saying where it is, so thx for the headsup on that
25th January 2007 06:40 AM
corgi37 Yes, great vid. Got it after the VL show in Melbourne. It was part of the normal, every day souvenir stuff. I treasure it, but alas, none of my video players work anymore. I note however that Sympathy wasnt included. In fact, the whole puppet thing is out. I also note Lisa fucking sounds amazing on Monkey Man. I think the footage from the clip "You got me rocking" is cobbled together from this show.
25th January 2007 04:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Yes, great vid. Got it after the VL show in Melbourne. It was part of the normal, every day souvenir stuff. I treasure it, but alas, none of my video players work anymore. I note however that Sympathy wasnt included. In fact, the whole puppet thing is out. I also note Lisa fucking sounds amazing on Monkey Man. I think the footage from the clip "You got me rocking" is cobbled together from this show.

Sympathy wasnt played on that tour until they got to Vegas around October, as I recall.

You're correct about the footage from YGMR being edited together for the promo video.

If anyone remembers the time when there was a plot on 'Beverly Hills 90210' centred around the cast going to a Stones concert in Pasadena on this tour - the actual clips of the Stones onstage playing YGMTR and Not Fade Away were edited in from this video.
25th January 2007 04:58 PM
glencar I still have that episode on VHS!
25th January 2007 05:01 PM
Gazza So have I. The only episode I ever watched, it has to be said. Awful stuff.

Cringeworthy at the time, but then the Days of Our Lives debacle was still ahead (an episode I've still never been unfortunate to see as I've finally realised at last after 25 years of collecting that there IS some shite that isnt worthy of collecting 'just because its the Stones' )
25th January 2007 05:06 PM
glencar I don't think I saved the DOOL stuff myself although I did see it. Sad old day.
25th January 2007 05:24 PM
MikeyC613 I love how the Roadie wakes up to "Little T&A", smiles at the bra, and washes his mouth out with Budweiser.
26th January 2007 05:37 AM
corgi37 Oh man, i remember that 90210 episode so well! I loved the beginning with the parents all excited over the show. 1 of the brats says "How can you be so excited over that?" - or words to that effect - then quick cut to fireworks and mayhem then the start credits. if i recaall, ian Zierling was posing as security or something.

Tell me. If Sympathy wasnt played until later in the tour, then what song got the puppets? Because you can clearly see in the video the puppets were already out, but not which song they inflated for.
28th January 2007 08:12 AM
jaymze Was just watching the Video again this morning. It's a very enjoyable show, a bit rougher and rawer than the gig from Miami. Although when I finished watching it I wanted to put on the Miami gig straight afterwards. Alas its at my parents house back in Ireland.

I think that the Voodoo Lounge era of the 'Stones was one of my favourite eras. Its where I first really became aware of the band due to the interviews and media footage that was on Irish TV at the time -they recorded a lot of the CD in Dublin. The following summer I was working with a 'Stones fanatic during my school holidays summer job. He was going over to London to see them that summer and he lent me a copy of Voodoo and Satanic Majesties. I have been a fan ever since!! Got a text from the same fanatic yesterday (IrelandCalling on this board) saying he has noticed this post on rocksoff. We have seen 'em many times since then!
28th January 2007 04:30 PM
IrelandCalling4 Dia dhuit Jaymze,

Aah yes,that summer of '05 and again the summer of '06 -- many-a-night(and lunchbreak) out in the pubs,house parties and whatnot,all fuelled by a soundtrack of the Rolling stones! So many boozy & musical tales,including: A future writer friend of ours denied access to a nightclub,so,left in my grandmum's kitchen with but two items -- a bottle of Jack Daniels & a copy of the Rolling Stones 'Exile On Main Street' opus^! Good times indeed..

The Giant's Stadium VooDoo Vid is a good 'un for sure,with some different songs to the more well known Miami one. As good as they were on the VL tour,methinks the Babylon shows took it even higher. Goodness Gracious(^),the Bremen video from 1998 is absolutely superb,as are all of the Pro-Shots & select bootlegs of that tour,simply magnifique.

Still,in celebration of the VL tour,it has a special place for me too,for it's when I first progrssed from being a stones fan to a stones nutter!^ Methinks the best video of them all though from that tour is the Brixton Academy one - so many rare songs,well filmed,it's a joy to watch* The Tokyo one is pretty good too,espcially Keef's set -- a rollicking 'Before they make me Run' & the ever glorious 'Slipping Away'

Now,after all of that Stones rambling,where oh where is my copy of that lost KISS classic,the 'Elder'...yes,I make no apologies,I'm beginning to love that dusty old platter..

Woo!

[Edited by IrelandCalling4]
28th January 2007 11:42 PM
mmdog
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Oh man, i remember that 90210 episode so well! I loved the beginning with the parents all excited over the show. 1 of the brats says "How can you be so excited over that?" - or words to that effect - then quick cut to fireworks and mayhem then the start credits. if i recaall, ian Zierling was posing as security or something.

Tell me. If Sympathy wasnt played until later in the tour, then what song got the puppets? Because you can clearly see in the video the puppets were already out, but not which song they inflated for.

Corgi,

Love Is Strong was the start of the Voodoo Lounge portion of the show, with the puppets. Love Is Strong isn't included in the video.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)