ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OSCAR Nominees Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th January 2007 08:52 AM
glencar
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
a lack of impressive American actors / actresses (female nominations for Best Female Actor) this year then, it would seem
[Edited by speedfreakjive]

Americans are suckers for Brit accents. Usually at least one Brit actress is nominated every year & usually it's 2. This year only 1 American's been nominated & it doesn't look like she has much of a chance.
24th January 2007 02:36 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Americans are suckers for Brit accents. Usually at least one Brit actress is nominated every year & usually it's 2. This year only 1 American's been nominated & it doesn't look like she has much of a chance.

And rightly so considering the performances of the co-nominees in her category (though I didn't see Penelope Cruz's film yet), American, British, purple, green or not. Not that Meryl didn't do well in that bitchy funny role, but I felt like she didn't need to get all the way this time. She's still one of the top-actresses in the world however imo.
24th January 2007 03:33 PM
texile i'm torn in so many ways...
i think leo is a smug punk but he was good in the departed and so this nom stinks - his accent was here and there and nowhere.
i'm proud of the mexican contingent but babel was vastly overrated and prentious - a wannabee traffic.
i love helen merrin and the queen should rightly give it to her but i'm also rooting penelope cruz.
she was like anna magnani or sophia loren in thier prime and how often do we see that in young actresses?
she also had to withstand years of crappy hollywood movies and being called a starlet. she has always been a good actress in her native language so it's nice to be vindicated.
as for scorsese - he'll get it.
the departed was good but little miss sunshine was more original and is the little underdog in this race and i'm rooting for it.
scorsese will honored for raging bull and taxi driver and NOT winning, not for the departed.
i'm glad jack wasn't nominated - love him but
he was over the top and i'm tired of him being honored for just farting in a movie.

25th January 2007 05:59 PM
MrPleasant One of the major nominated films has been on youtube for weeks (why it's still there, I don't know). I may catch it, sometime.
26th January 2007 12:30 PM
Lord Homosex Ryan Gosling was in the movie "the Believer" which was most excellent. Subject and his performance. It is about a young skinhead in NYC. he is part of a very right wing neo-nazi skin group. The thing is - he is Jewish. His big secret of course. But the film asked many questions. About faith in general, life death. What is important? I loved that movie. Was the first time I had sen Gosling. he did "United States according to Leland", "The Notebook" as of late. From the first time I watched him I decided that he was goin g to be a big name.
26th January 2007 12:42 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Not that Meryl didn't do well in that bitchy funny role, but I felt like she didn't need to get all the way this time. She's still one of the top-actresses in the world however imo.

I just love Meryl. Her expressions are priceless but I don't think she's going to win this time. I think she and Jack were voted best actress/actor of all time (Meryl beating Kate Hepburn by a margin).
26th January 2007 12:46 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
This is Scorses's year.

I hope so. He deserves it.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)