ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ex Foghat bassist speaks out on decision to leave band Return to archive
22nd January 2007 02:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Saturday, January 20, 2007
Ex Foghat bassist speaks out on decision to leave band
The Rock Radio online

Original Foghat bassist Tony Stevens is speaking out about his departure from the band he co-founded. Stevens said, "When (singer-guitarist "Lonesome") Dave (Peverett), (drummer) Roger (Earl), and I decided to leave Savoy Brown in 1970, it was because (frontman) Kim (Simmonds) had been starting to head in a different musical direction than the blues sound the band had become known for. So we started Foghat as a true roots blues band, which is what the rest of us always wanted to be."

Stevens left the group in the mid-70's because he felt Foghat was drifting like Savoy Brown had, and he stayed away until the original lineup reunited in 1993. Stevens was with the band until 2004, but he said, "When Dave and then (guitarist) Rod (Price) died, things started to change once more. There were questions about everything from the leadership to musicianship, and it started to feel different, not just for me, I'm sure, but for the fans as well."

Peverett lost a battle to cancer in February 2000 at age 56, and Price died in March 2005 at age 57, after falling down the stairs at his home and suffering a fatal head trauma. Price had left the group in 1999.

After Stevens left in late 2004, he put his own version of Foghat together, but a judge ordered him to stop. He now tours using the name Slow Ride, after Foghat's biggest hit, and they're making an album, featuring updated versions of some Foghat songs, that should be ready in May. Their next show is February 17th in Columbus, Ohio.

Stevens said, "I have always managed to work since I first got into this business over 40 years ago. I'm thrilled to just get on with the music and my career. So that's what I'm doing from this point forward."

These days, Foghat consists of Earl, guitarist Bryan Bassett, singer-guitarist Charlie Huhn, and latter-day Foghat bassist Craig MacGregor, who re-joined after Stevens left. Their next show is Tuesday (January 23rd) in West Palm Beach, Florida.
22nd January 2007 02:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels As far as I'm concerned it isn't Foghat without Lonesome Dave anyway. Oh well.
22nd January 2007 03:51 PM
Saint Sway this is news???
22nd January 2007 05:50 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is news???

Honestly...has FOGHAT ever really been a relevant force in RnR???

Back in NYC circa 1980...if you were about 14-18...your first arena concert most likely was Foghat and/or Blue Oyster Cult at MSG...(it was my second)...it was just one of those things...BOC always headlined!!!

22nd January 2007 05:52 PM
Saint Sway a slow news day for TenKMotel...
22nd January 2007 08:20 PM
Coming Down Again
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
As far as I'm concerned it isn't Foghat without Lonesome Dave anyway. Oh well.

As far as I'm concerned...oh wait...I'm not concerned at all.
22nd January 2007 08:47 PM
sirmoonie Shut the fuck up.
22nd January 2007 10:28 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Shut the fuck up.

Was that really nessesary?
22nd January 2007 10:37 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Was that really nessesary?

Should I delete it?
22nd January 2007 10:55 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Honestly...has FOGHAT ever really been a relevant force in RnR???

Back in NYC circa 1980...if you were about 14-18...your first arena concert most likely was Foghat and/or Blue Oyster Cult at MSG...(it was my second)...it was just one of those things...BOC always headlined!!!

I know what you mean. Right around that age,I saw many the arena show with both Foghat and BOC. The funny thing is that BOC keeps touring in small clubs.

24th January 2007 11:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"When (singer-guitarist "Lonesome") Dave (Peverett), (drummer) Roger (Earl), and I decided to leave Savoy Brown in 1970, it was because (frontman) Kim (Simmonds) had been starting to head in a different musical direction than the blues sound the band had become known for. So we started Foghat as a true roots blues band, which is what the rest of us always wanted to be."

LOL Foghat was never a blues band, not even their first album was. What a big excuse! Savoy Brown returned to the blues band and it was a good return after some crap
25th January 2007 12:11 AM
Nellcote For TTM....

Foghat
Uploaded by bernynab
25th January 2007 08:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
For TTM....

Thanks. (I think)
I wish I could watch it.....this too slow dial up sux.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
25th January 2007 07:45 PM
Paranoid_Android By the enthusiasm in the front row...all I can say is YYYAAAAAAAAWWWNNNN...

Which one is the dude in the picture?
25th January 2007 08:14 PM
Nellcote Big supporter of Foghat right here.
Early lp's produced by roots rocker Dave Edmunds.
Nothing better than I Just Want To Make Love To You from the 1st lp. Give me that cool slide by Rod Price, those vocals by Lonesome Dave anytime...Sweet Home Chicago done justice as well. Good Friday night, woof down a case of hooch, couple o' bottles of Tango music...I wore the grooves out of Fool For The City. Just give Terraplane Blues, the Robert Johnson # a spin, still does it for me. And, was fortunate to have seen them April of 1976, opening for John Dawson Winter III, Music Hall, Bahston...Wicked Pissah!
In fact, I think I shall spin Fool right now......
Carry On!
25th January 2007 08:43 PM
Nellcote I'm as high as a Georgia pine....Drive Me Home.....
27th January 2007 12:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As a Foghat Stones connections, in addition to some covers like "I Just Wanna Make Love To You", here in this picture dates September 1962 we find second from right with glasses is Foghat founder and former member Lonesome Dave Peverett, and far right smiling is Harry Simmonds brother of the legendary Kim Simmonds founder and current member of Savoy Brown. Harry was also producer with Savoy Brown

29th January 2007 08:04 AM
Nellcote Wow, the tall bloke with the glasses?
I've looked at this picture a thousand times, never knew that...Thanks Voodoo!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)