ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alice in a Voodoo tee Return to archive
21st January 2007 09:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL someone who knows I'm a fan sent me this image... Hi RollingStonesUSA

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
21st January 2007 09:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here with Iggy Pop and Ray Manzarek, but here's Iggy the one wearing the Stones tee

21st January 2007 09:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ..and here's Alice singing "Start Me Up" with Roger Daltrey, I uploaded this video, probably will upload the whole track soon

21st January 2007 09:14 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
LOL someone who know I'm a fan sent me this image... Hi RollingStonesUSA

Beautiful....Saint Sway!!!!
21st January 2007 10:52 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
..and here's Alice singing "Start Me Up" with Roger Daltrey, I uploaded this video, probably will upload the whole track soon

lol! That is quite possibly the lamest, most boring version of that song I have ever heard. It has no swagger whatsoever.
21st January 2007 11:05 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
..and here's Alice singing "Start Me Up" with Roger Daltrey, I uploaded this video, probably will upload the whole track soon

LOL...Voodoo, you experimenting on us with subliminal advertising? Great pics of Alice and Iggy, thanks!
21st January 2007 11:09 PM
WattsAtScotts
22nd January 2007 12:48 AM
Tzonistac Thanks for the pics Gerardo.
This is from last year in Halifax.

Saludos!
[Edited by Tzonistac]
22nd January 2007 10:42 AM
Jumping Jack I can't wait for Coop's next CD and tour!!!
22nd January 2007 10:55 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Here with Iggy Pop and Ray Manzarek, but here's Iggy the one wearing the Stones tee

Wow, Iggy has not changed a bit; looks exactly the same.
22nd January 2007 12:51 PM
guitarman53 Iggy looks like a young Keith Moon.
22nd January 2007 12:54 PM
Saint Sway is Ronnie Wood wearing a wig?
22nd January 2007 02:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:

i liked it..alice cooper sounds great...i don't think his and daltry's voices harmonise well togehter
22nd January 2007 03:07 PM
Jumping Jack Daltrey couldn't keep Coop's pace these days. The only one who could is Jagger, but he isn't doing it in leathers like Coop.
22nd January 2007 03:09 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Wow, Iggy has not changed a bit; looks exactly the same.

I was kidding. I do not see Iggy one bit in that kid.
22nd January 2007 03:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Daltrey couldn't keep Coop's pace these days. The only one who could is Jagger, but he isn't doing it in leathers like Coop.

PeerQueer's gonna have fun with that quote
22nd January 2007 03:58 PM
Jumping Jack Bet he'd have fun in these bad rides:
http://www.speedstermotorcar.com/photos.php?section=AliceCooperCustoms
22nd January 2007 04:46 PM
danielharris627 Great pic of God, I mean mr cooper there. I hope I see him this year.
22nd January 2007 11:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Tzonistac wrote:
Thanks for the pics Gerardo.
This is from last year in Halifax.

Saludos!
[Edited by Tzonistac]

Thanks for the pix (there were more in our Spanish forum)

This is a portion of an interview with Alice, posted by Tzonistac @ http://rocksoff.org/foro

Y en cuanto a su gusto por los Rolling Stones en esta entrevista habla sobre eso:

Alice 'n' wonder band
Larry Rodgers
The Arizona Republic
Nov. 2, 2006 12:00 AM

Alice Cooper has been a fan of the Rolling Stones for 40 years, dating back to his days at Cortez High School in northwest Phoenix, when he was known as Vincent Furnier.

His first band, the Earwigs and later the Spiders, played nothing but Stones songs in its early days, recalls Cooper, who will open for the rock legends when they play Wednesday in Glendale.

Although he has been friends with Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood since the early '70s, Cooper says he's still flattered to be asked to open for three dates of the Stones' Bigger Bang Tour.

Cooper, 58, called last week to talk about the Stones.

It sounds as if your first two dates with the Stones, in Nova Scotia and Kentucky, were wet.

Nova Scotia was unbelievable. The only way I could get it across is: Go in your shower, turn it on and stand in it for an hour. I've never been that wet in my life. It was cold, too. Then we go into Louisville and we got nailed again.

Do you know some of the Stones better than others?

I've known all those guys for a long time. Keith refuses to call me Alice; he calls me Vince. He goes (in a low Richards purr), "Vinnie, Vinnie." And I swear he's Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp's character in Pirates of the Carribean). He sounds exactly like Johnny Depp, but, of course, Johnny Depp got that from him. Mick is perfectly together all the time, and so is Charlie. Ronnie has always got the energy up, always ready to play.

Were the Stones your biggest influence?

Any rock band that has a guitar in their hands was influenced by the Beatles or the Stones. I don't care if it's Shakira, the Association, Cradle of Filth or Tony Bennett, everybody's got a Beatles or Stones influence somewhere.

Did you steal any moves from Jagger as a teenager?

For anybody who's a lead singer, he was the prototype. He was the first one who broke away from the band and became the lead singer. So for the Steven Tylers, Ozzy Osbournes and Alice Coopers of the world, he was our blueprint.

What are your three favorite Stones songs?

Brown Sugar is probably the best rock song they ever did. I like the early stuff, Spider and the Fly . . . and Gimme Shelter.

Favorite albums?
I love 12 X 5, England's Newest Hitmakers and Aftermath. I liked it when the Beatles did Magical Mystery Tour and they did Their Satanic Majesties Request, when they got into the acid stuff.

What's the biggest challenge of playing in a stadium?

You have to exaggerate everything. If I make a move that would normally be a small one onstage, I have to make it three times bigger because it's got to play to the guy in the back of the 60,000 people who are there.

Will you invite the Stones to a meal at Alice Cooper'stown in Phoenix?

Absolutely. But they might get back on their planes and go right back to LA after the show.

Saludos!
23rd January 2007 11:09 AM
Saint Sway heres Joey Ramone singing Alice's "Eighteen"
with Rick Richards on guitar (from Izzy Stradlin/Georgia Satellites)

23rd January 2007 11:18 AM
glencar Alice doesn't like the recent stuff either!
24th January 2007 11:11 PM
Tom
25th January 2007 01:38 AM
Taptrick
Wow, I thought that 18 clip sucked. I was excited when I clicked on it but everything was off on that: the mix, the timing, the vocal annunciation - everything.

25th January 2007 07:33 PM
Jethrostone
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:

Clones (We're All). Good song from Coop.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)