ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When groupies decide to divulge secrets Return to archive
21st January 2007 01:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels When groupies decide to divulge celebrity secrets, you don't have to read between the lines...you must read between the sheets.

January 21, 2007
BY PAIGE WISER
Chicago Sun Times

Kiss and tell -- that's the whole point of being a groupie. While it's possible that sleeping with pop stars is enjoyable, it's far more likely that the actual act is sweaty, smelly and eventually itchy.

The real prize in bagging a big name is bragging about it.

And, if you're lucky, landing a book deal.

With a recent tell-all dishing the intimate details about Nas and Jay-Z, there's no better time for FLUFF to survey the state of backstage books.

Title: I'm With the Band: Confessions of a Groupie (1993)

Author: Pamela Des Barres, a supergroupie, actress, writer and musician. She married Michael Des Barres, the lead singer for Power Station and Silverhead, in 1977, but they divorced in 1991.

Subject: In the '60s and '70s, she hung out with the Rolling Stones and the Byrds, and was romanced by Mick Jagger, Keith Moon, Frank Zappa, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Jimmy Page, Ray Davies, Don Johnson and more.

Excerpt: "From the moment Jimmy [Page] slid his small velvet-clad ass across the seat of the limo ... we cooed and giggled like doves in heat ... I kissed and slobbered all over the inside crease of his slim white arm until he rolled his head back against the plush seat gasping 'Oh, Pamela! Yes, yes, yes!' "

Title: It's No Secret: From Nas to Jay-Z, from Seduction to Scandal - a Hip-Hop Helen of Troy Tells All (November 2006)

Author: Carmen Bryan, who was briefly employed at Def Jam and Capitol Records. She is best known as the mother of Nas' daughter, Destiny.

Subject: The book details her ups and downs with Nas, her affair with Jay-Z, a flirtation with P. Diddy and a fling with Allen Iverson.

Excerpt: "'Nas, it's true.' My words tumbled out. 'The rumors are true. I have been seeing Jay-Z.' ...￯﾿ᄑ'Does he hold you at night?' 'Yes.' He hesitated. I realized what he really wanted to ask. Guys may feign disinterest about the matter, but they're all anxious to know: Is he bigger than me?"

Title: Confessions of a Video Vixen (June 2005)

Author: Karrine Steffans and Karen Hunter. Steffans also goes by the nickname "Superhead."

Subject: Her book details her trysts with Shaquille O'Neal, Vin Diesel, Fred Durst, producer Irv Gotti, Bobby Brown, Ja Rule, Kool G Rap and Method Man. She also has been more recently linked with Bill Maher.￯﾿ᄑ

Excerpt: Steffans joined Diddy in a guest bedroom in his home around 4 a.m. one night (after he kicked manservant Fonzworth Bentley out). She says it lasted about 15 minutes. "You're one of the best," Diddy told her. Steffans writes: "I said the same to him, when, in actuality, he was average."

Title: Backstage Passes: Life on the Wild Side with David Bowie (1993)

Author: Angela Bowie, famous for having an "open marriage" with David Bowie (and for naming their kid Zowie).

Subject: In addition to Ziggy Stardust, Angela had carnal knowledge of two of the Stooges (James Williamson and Ron Asheton), Marianne Faithfull, various other non-famous women and she enjoyed a threesome with her hubby and Mick Jagger.

Excerpt: "[David] used sex the way a cat sprays, to mark his territory. It gets the job done." She also refers to Paul McCartney as "an arrogant little snot" and Jagger as "a slut."

Title: Rebel Heart: An American Rock 'n' Roll Journey (2001)

Author: Bebe Buell, a former Ford model, Playboy Playmate, and mom to Liv Tyler. Cameron Crowe told Buell he partially based Kate Hudson's character in "Almost Famous" on her.

Subject: She walked out on a relationship with Aerosmith's Steven Tyler because of his drug problem and had a long-term relationship with Todd Rundgren (who raised Liv as his own). Other names dropped include Warren Beatty, Jack Nicholson, Elvis Costello, Jimmy Page, Brian Setzer, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed and Rod Stewart.

Exerpt: "Mick Jagger is almost a textbook version of a perfect lover because you can be pretty much assured that anything anyone would do to you, he's going to try it."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
21st January 2007 01:49 PM
MrPleasant "Zowie"?????
21st January 2007 03:13 PM
gimmekeef Oh Mick you slut!!...lmao
21st January 2007 03:51 PM
Kilroy What is the difference between a groupie and a bandaid?
21st January 2007 04:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
21st January 2007 07:39 PM
*ginda "and was romanced by Mick Jagger, Keith Moon, Frank Zappa, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Jimmy Page, Ray Davies, Don Johnson and more."

Romanced? That's a polite term for it.
21st January 2007 07:47 PM
Highwire Rob LOL! Yes. I think it's only Romance when the songwriter names a ballad after you.
21st January 2007 08:39 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

which one is the groupie and which is the Bandaid?
22nd January 2007 12:53 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Title: Confessions of a Video Vixen (June 2005)

Author: Karrine Steffans and Karen Hunter. Steffans also goes by the nickname "Superhead."

Subject: Her book details her trysts with Shaquille O'Neal, Vin Diesel, Fred Durst, producer Irv Gotti, Bobby Brown, Ja Rule, Kool G Rap and Method Man. She also has been more recently linked with Bill Maher.￯﾿ᄑ

Ha

from shaquille o'neil to bill maher, this chix been around the world in 80 days an shit￯﾿ᄑ
22nd January 2007 04:43 AM
corgi37 I would just love to see Keith Moon romance anyone. That would be hysterical. No doubt Jim Morrison used to read the chicks his infantile poetry. And Jagger as a slut is just the ultimate compliment. I've been called that before and i bought myself a beer to celebrate.
22nd January 2007 05:55 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I would just love to see Keith Moon romance anyone. That would be hysterical. No doubt Jim Morrison used to read the chicks his infantile poetry. And Jagger as a slut is just the ultimate compliment. I've been called that before and i bought myself a beer to celebrate.

22nd January 2007 07:47 PM
Paranoid_Android The Pamala DeBarres book is such an awesome read...even if you pull back the stories 50%...they are remarkable...a true GUILTY PLEASURE!!!
22nd January 2007 09:29 PM
texile
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
The Pamala DeBarres book is such an awesome read...even if you pull back the stories 50%...they are remarkable...a true GUILTY PLEASURE!!!

yeah, i like that one too...
she's very self-deprecating and likeable.
these books are tacky but i love them.
the bebe buell and janice dickinson books were also entertaining.
bowie's book was a little nasty and vindictive.
22nd January 2007 09:32 PM
texile the debarres book was a great snapshot of the mid-60s to late 70s rock culture and pamela is like that loveable ditz you can't NOT like.
22nd January 2007 09:34 PM
glencar
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
"Zowie"?????

Now he goes by "Joey"!
22nd January 2007 11:01 PM
Bitch Angie Bowie had a threesome with David & MICK? I always heard MICK went to bed with Bowie but I couldnt picture just the 2 of them. But if this is true it explains it.

Oh Angie Bowie, but what a lucky slut she is!

[Edited by Bitch]
23rd January 2007 12:50 PM
Joey " Now he goes by "Joey"! "

23rd January 2007 01:05 PM
glencar It's true! Joey Bowie. Shoulda stuck with Zowie!
23rd January 2007 02:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
JB wrote:
The only thing humiliating is the dust that settles when I fail to post here, there, and everywhere(see Lennon/Macca)............and Pug, as I recall, I got the NZ info from your people!!! Then again, I never attended a U2 concert!!!! A true human story-indeed!!!!

24th January 2007 11:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:

This is GREAT!! LOL
26th January 2007 12:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
When groupies decide to divulge secrets

That's why I always force my groupies to sign a condifential disclosure agreement!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)