ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock and Roll Circus Revisited Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th January 2007 05:26 PM
Some Guy I got into this late Fri night, The Stones were too damn cool! Greatness! They should have released this earlier. Taj Mahal was good, but I could not stomach Yoko at all so I fast forwarded that mess. Good times!
16th January 2007 05:33 PM
mrhipfl I wonder what was going through the band's mind when Ono started wailing. You can see the violinist smiling right as she starts.
16th January 2007 06:35 PM
fireontheplatter i love this vhs/dvd....jethro tull is so awesome, as is most of the rest. the yoko ono part is freaking ridiculous tho....eeee eee e eeee eeeeeee eeeeee....eee eee. i have tried to fingd good in her "performance" but it ain't happening...
i really like the, jumping jack flash version on this dvd...
16th January 2007 07:47 PM
rolling who Umm, The Who people...The Who!!! (They're the reason why it took so long for this movie to see the light of day, by the way. Jagger correctly thought that The Who's electric perforance made the Stones look old and bad).
16th January 2007 08:40 PM
Joey
quote:
rolling who wrote:
Umm, The Who people...The Who!!! (They're the reason why it took so long for this movie to see the light of day, by the way. Jagger correctly thought that The Who's electric perforance made the Stones look old and bad).

True Dat !

" It is the Stones / Who rivalry Ronnie ! "

Snuggles ! ™
17th January 2007 12:04 AM
killerbitch What were the Stones doing when Yoko was singing so horribly?
I have not seen RNR Circus yet, I bet they were holding their ears!
Seriously did they happen to show any of the Stones during that time?
17th January 2007 03:00 AM
UGot2Rollme yes, the Who were amazing. As for the Stones, seeing Brian Jones play that gold Les Paul is a real treat - something angelic about it.
17th January 2007 04:25 AM
Zack
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
yes, the Who were amazing. As for the Stones, seeing Brian Jones play that gold Les Paul is a real treat - something angelic about it.

Even though it wasn't plugged in . . .
18th January 2007 12:03 AM
Bruno
quote:
Zack wrote:

Even though it wasn't plugged in . . .

Hahahahahhaha, you´re right, I can´t hear a damn thing!

Mick´s singing is superb throughout the show.
18th January 2007 07:50 AM
tumbling dice
quote:
Bruno wrote:

Hahahahahhaha, you´re right, I can´t hear a damn thing!

Mick´s singing is superb throughout the show.

The bottleneck in`` No expectations´´ is playback,Brian didn´t play nothing in the whole show
18th January 2007 09:31 PM
Jethrostone I got that DVD back in 2004. Some great stuff on their. Great visual for any Stones fan. Jethro Tull had Tony Iommi on guitar from Black Sabbath! I love the scene between Mick and John Lennon. I thought it was funny during "Parachute Woman" that one of the camera men was dancing! LOL. Also, when Mick said sorry to Keith. I find that funny and I don't know why!
18th January 2007 11:25 PM
iluvmickjagger07 sympathy for the devil was breath taking. mick was really into it.
and i loved yer blues
19th January 2007 10:51 PM
Bruno
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
The bottleneck in`` No expectations´´ is playback,Brian didn´t play nothing in the whole show

Really? Was Brian that "off" in those days? I´ll take a look closely.

But it´s interesting how concentrated Brian looked there, in JJF especially he looked like he was playing for real and very focused.
20th January 2007 04:56 AM
keefjunkie A Quick One While He's Away.
20th January 2007 10:39 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
rolling who wrote:
Umm, The Who people...The Who!!! (They're the reason why it took so long for this movie to see the light of day, by the way. Jagger correctly thought that The Who's electric perforance made the Stones look old and bad).

He said that?...or are you just making that up?...Jagger was concerned the Stones looked old when Circus was made?...What must Mick think now, damn near 40 years later?
20th January 2007 11:07 AM
Zambero The Who and Keith Moon in particular were revved up from touring and pretty much stole the show, although Jagger still managed to put in an amazing performance. I figure the reason the Stones left the Yoko fiasco in the finished product was to make them look good in comparison, sort of an equalizer against The Who. And as far as Brian being unplugged goes, I have an earlier vinyl bootleg of R-n-R Circus where both guitars can be heard. Brian was inexplicably mixed out in the sunsequent official releases, except for that masterfully melancholy slide on "No Expectations".
20th January 2007 08:24 PM
Lethargy This is a fascinating and great video, except for the rolling stones and yoko ono. The stones were WAY off their game on this one (not just brian), and yoko - well - has never had a game. She's a disaster.
21st January 2007 07:45 AM
Bitch Yoko Oh-No! She's wacked out! But love is blind and I think John Lennon wanted her included. Did you notice JOHN gives MICK his dirty dish after he's finished eating? Whats astonishing is that MICK takes the dish as if he was a servant! There must of been some heavy ego tripping with all of those fabulous performers in one room!

I LOVE R&R Circus, that's my favorite Stones video! I make my teenage kids watch it, and their friends, as sort of a Rock & Roll historical time trip, so they can see what it was like back then.

SALT OF THE EARTH is a snapshot in time, look at Brian's eyes, he's wasted.

In SYMPATHY, when MICK rips his shirt off and slithers down the runway, it's scorching hot to watch the young uninhibited long haired yummy MICK JAGGER. Fantastic!
21st January 2007 07:52 AM
lotsajizz WHO!!
21st January 2007 05:46 PM
Philip Brain Jones played for real, they just mixed him down for the video/dvd release.

His playing on No Expectations is not mimed.

21st January 2007 05:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I got into this late Fri night, The Stones were too damn cool! Greatness! They should have released this earlier. Taj Mahal was good, but I could not stomach Yoko at all so I fast forwarded that mess. Good times!

The Stones ROCKED !!!!

Did you like The Who's set ?! It was superb .

Kins !

21st January 2007 07:41 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Actually the Who's set never cut it w/me
Never liked 'a quick one' to start with

GO STONES!!
21st January 2007 08:33 PM
Highwire Rob
(--The Hulton Getty Collection)

WOW! I like this pic--just thinking how cool it would be to be Julian back then on Dad's knee surrounded by Rock legends!

... but of course today, how very sad.
22nd January 2007 07:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Yoko Oh-No! She's wacked out! But love is blind and I think John Lennon wanted her included. Did you notice JOHN gives MICK his dirty dish after he's finished eating? Whats astonishing is that MICK takes the dish as if he was a servant! There must of been some heavy ego tripping with all of those fabulous performers in one room!

I LOVE R&R Circus, that's my favorite Stones video! I make my teenage kids watch it, and their friends, as sort of a Rock & Roll historical time trip, so they can see what it was like back then.

SALT OF THE EARTH is a snapshot in time, look at Brian's eyes, he's wasted.

In SYMPATHY, when MICK rips his shirt off and slithers down the runway, it's scorching hot to watch the young uninhibited long haired yummy MICK JAGGER. Fantastic!

That's cool, do your kids and their friends like it?
23rd January 2007 08:02 PM
mickmask
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
What were the Stones doing when Yoko was singing so horribly?
I have not seen RNR Circus yet, I bet they were holding their ears!
Seriously did they happen to show any of the Stones during that time?

I believe there is a quick shot of Mick laughing. C'mon who wouldn't?...and I think he was stoned to boot.
I read somewhere that they left that segment in out of respect for John. Others have claimed that she gave a bonafide culturally diverse performance.

...that's why they're 'others'..

mm.
23rd January 2007 08:17 PM
glencar Haven't watched it in years although VH1 does play Sympathy from it as a video.
23rd January 2007 09:37 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Philip wrote:
Brain Jones played for real, they just mixed him down for the video/dvd release.

His playing on No Expectations is not mimed.

The way Brian played No Expectations was fuckin incredible.
24th January 2007 10:48 AM
killerbitch Another thing about RNR Circus, is that they were up straight for at least two
maybe almost three days and of course they were probably totally exhausted
and had been drinking/drugging. Heard Keith was wasted as well. Brian had
a lot of makeup on his face as seen in some of the closeup shots. I never
noticed that the Les Paul guitar wasn't plugged in. I thought they actually
played their instruments during that film. Didn't Pete Townsend say Brian had
been crying a lot behind the scenes? Maybe Mick and Keith were teasing him
or it was from something else. I thought he had Suki with him and then asked
Luna out. The Stones obviously were NOT the only ones who were high and
wasted. I am sure Keith Moon was. Have to see the entire movie.
24th January 2007 11:16 AM
egon Maybe Brian was crying because of the clowns.
Clowns scare me too.... even without drugs.
24th January 2007 11:18 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
Maybe Brian was crying because of the clowns.
Clowns scare me too.... even without drugs.

Egon .................................

I too am EXTREMELY afraid of clowns .

I do NOT trust them ..... ANY of them !

There simply must be a professional name for " Fear of Clowns "

Developing ................................

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)