ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

First Mariner Arena Baltimore, MD - February 1, 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue and !
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Header Return to archive
January 29th, 2006 02:30 PM
Joey
Isn't Today's Header Photograph simply Beautiful ?!?!

Thanks Everybody ( Voodoo , Gazza , Jaxxy )

The entire city of Omaha , NE is absolutely buzzing with excitement .

Your host for the Pre-Party humbly awaits you at :

http://www.wcities.com/en/record/,231649/323/record.html

EVERYONE shall be greeted

Joeykins !
January 29th, 2006 02:34 PM
Gazza that photo comprises the entire audience who turned up for that 1964 show, including little Joey on the far right - just months before he was sent to Vietnam...

have a GREAT show tonight, little buddy - you, Feej, Lil Brian and everyone else
January 29th, 2006 02:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
that photo comprises the entire audience who turned up for that 1964 show, including little Joey on the far right - just months before he was sent to Vietnam...

have a GREAT show tonight, little buddy - you, Feej, Lil Brian and everyone else

Thanks Gazza .....................

The QWEST CENTER will be a Rockin' this evening .....

.... and you are right -- the 'Nam was no picnic .

Oh , Lil' Fiji .......... Lil' Feej,

Ho Chi Jo ! ®

January 29th, 2006 03:06 PM
Lil Brian Gotta leave soon but here's the text for those pictures before I do. Enjoy the show everybody!

Streams for Stones

Ladies! That’s what the sign says. And Ladies they might have been a few hours earlier. But when the Rolling Stones cut loose at the City Auditorium Arena Saturday night, many of the crowd of 651 lost their inhibitions. The sparse but vocal audience was composed mainly of teen-agers, mostly girls. After the show, a large group made for the dressing room to get a closer look at the stars of the evening’s “concert.” While police held back the screaming girls, the Rolling Stones were hustled into a limousine. But before the car could get out of the building, another bunch of squealers ambushed the vehicle. In the crush, some of the fans tried to climb on or into the car. Police said it suffered some dents and scratches.

Rolling Stones Get Squeals, No Beatle Fans

Great Britain, which seemingly hasn’t exported a loser to this country since Cornwallis, shipped five long-haired native sons into Omaha Saturday to the shrill accompaniment of feminine shrieks and screams.
London’s Rolling Stones, who were “in concert” Saturday night at the City Auditorium Music Hall, arrived at Eppley Airfield Saturday afternoon and waded stoically through squeals of welcome emanating from some two hundred youthful greeters.
The Stones, rock ‘n’ roll exponents who claim to wear their hair longer than their famed countrymen, the Beatles, obviously are not as long in popularity or cleanliness as their vocal and instrumental competitors.
Their unshorn locks seemed in dire need of a comb and there was not a tie to be seen as they clumped with stony-eyed nonchalance down the ramp of a Braniff plane that had carried them from Minneapolis.
Then, surrounded by a cordon of Omaha police, the scraggly-haired performers strode past the clamoring throng, many of whom obviously bore Beatle allegiance.
One Beatle-backing brigade led by 14-year-old Jane Tritten carried a banner reading: “U.S. Beatle Fans Would Rather Fight Than Switch.”
But there were Stone supporters too, who from time to time stormed the police barricade to rub a hand in unkempt hair or to touch a cheek.
One junior miss darted forward to run a finger down one Stone’s arm, then retreated in ecstasy. Cried she: “I touched him, I touched him!” Exclaimed a companion, eyes bright: “They’re wonderful.”
Others were less enthusiastic. Said one girl: “They’re so ugly, they’re cute.” Added another, referring to the doubtful status of a proposed Beatle visit here: “Well, we might as well settle for something from England.”

The Stones, during a hurry-up press conference, confided:

-That they’ve been together for 18 months but did not steal any long-haired ideas from the Beatles. Said Mick Jagger, 19: “Each of us has been wearing his hair long for at least five years.”

-That they resent implications they are mere musical carbon copies of the Beatles. Said young Jagger: “We don’t in any way sound like them.”

-That they did not expect to equal or surpass the American reception given the Beatles. Said Bill Wyman, 21-year-old bass guitarist and vocalist: “We know we’re not established stars here. We came to promote our records.”

Those records, incidentally, include a single called “Not Fade Away” and an album containing such classics as “I’m a King Bee”, “Can I Get a Witness?”, “Now I’ve Got a Witness”, and “Walking the Dog”.
There will be more. Young Wyman pointed out the Stones a few days ago cut 14 to 15 songs in Chicago- “some of the best stuff we’ve ever done.” Titles? “I just can’t think of them now.”
Others in the group: Brian Jones, 19; Charlie Watts, 21, and Keith Richard, 19. Also with the group in Omaha: co-manager Andrew Oldham, 20, who’s carrot-colored tresses also are strangers to a scissors’ snip.
Anyway, the Stones return to England June 21. But they’ll be back. Said young Jagger: “We might be back before the end of the year.”
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
January 29th, 2006 03:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks Gazza .....................

The QWEST CENTER will be a Rockin' this evening .....

.... and you are right -- the 'Nam was no picnic .

Oh , Lil' Fiji .......... Lil' Feej,

Ho Chi Jo ! ®

You WILL have a wonderful time with the Greatest Rn'R Band, Joey!! Wish I could be there to share in your excitement!
January 29th, 2006 05:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
Ladies! That’s what the sign says. And Ladies they might have been a few hours earlier. But when the Rolling Stones cut loose at the City Auditorium Arena Saturday night, many of the crowd of 651 lost their inhibitions.

that tour really WAS a bust!
January 29th, 2006 05:28 PM
glencar Joey & LIl Brian & of course, Feej, I hope you guys get a great show tonight. I wish I could be there but I would give that ersatz English pub a pass & just go to Friday's.
January 30th, 2006 09:44 AM
gimmekeef For Joey and everyone elses sake..I hope those now grown (bettin on 250lbs plus) women pass on the Omaha show.....
January 30th, 2006 10:22 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl NOTE: This was the header, Just to avoid people thinking Joey is talking about the current header

Thanks Li'l Brian
January 30th, 2006 10:33 AM
Saint Sway why's Mick wearing Liza Minelli's jacket??
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)