ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

First Mariner Arena Baltimore, MD - February 1, 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue and !
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Check out Mick talking guitar on RS.com Return to archive
January 29th, 2006 12:07 PM
Mel Belli Nice little piece about Mick and his cheapo Sears & Roebuck Silvertone guitar (the one he uses for "Back of My Hand") at the official website. In addition to the chat there's cool footage of Mick soundchecking with it alone and singing a blues number that sounds sort of like "Rollin' and Tumblin'"...
January 29th, 2006 03:51 PM
Bruno Stone Its a beautiful guitar. I was seeing a footage of him singing Rain Fall Down and I thought he was holding his Fender in a very "secure" way, no awkward at all.

January 29th, 2006 04:02 PM
StonesChick That's a great video. I was wondering if that is an actual song or something he was making up on the spot.
January 29th, 2006 04:41 PM
Dick Bush Well,

Mick aint no guitar player - he is just playbacking it a little, cuz he knows he is sexy like a devil when jerking it. For the gay guys, of course.

As soon they see Mick with that sexy stick, they start flashing their tits and even throw their underware on the stage.

Should Mick really be that mad for to forego that?

January 29th, 2006 05:28 PM
texile
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:
Well,

Mick aint no guitar player - he is just playbacking it a little, cuz he knows he is sexy like a devil when jerking it. For the gay guys, of course.

As soon they see Mick with that sexy stick, they start flashing their tits and even throw their underware on the stage.

Should Mick really be that mad for to forego that?

mick is a great rythmn guitarist - why do you think some girls was so great?
because, to keith's chagrin, his raucous, loose very loud guitar dominated the proceedings...
January 29th, 2006 05:31 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:

mick is a great rythmn guitarist - why do you think some girls was so great?
because, to keith's chagrin, his raucous, loose very loud guitar dominated the proceedings...

true, and other examples would be, Well Well Well on 4 Flicks and Sway
January 29th, 2006 08:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
true, and other examples would be, Well Well Well on 4 Flicks and Sway

and Stop Breaking Down, great job there.
January 29th, 2006 09:37 PM
tumbling dice He played very well on Heaven.It was just Mick on Guitar .Ronnie was on bass,Bill on synth and Keith wasn´t there.Laugh,i nearly dead is another good example but on this one Mick and Keith are weaving a lot.
January 29th, 2006 10:08 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
He played very well on Heaven.It was just Mick on Guitar .Ronnie was on bass,Bill on synth and Keith wasn´t there.Laugh,i nearly dead is another good example but on this one Mick and Keith are weaving a lot.

You said it all. I remember I didn't believe when discovered that was Mick playing the guitar in Heaven. Fucking sexy guitar... if he did that he got all my respect as a guitar player.
January 30th, 2006 12:11 AM
texile what about winter, moonlight mile, fingerprint file, crazy mama -
and don't forget dickies, he wrote brown sugar with those open chords...so he could DO keith when he wanted..musically that is.
and so many more examples.....remember that scene in performance where he's playing and singing some blues?
nuff said.
i don't know why people dismiss mick's musicianship -
any songwriter worth a fuck PLAYS.
January 30th, 2006 11:42 AM
RollingstonesUSA Mick is very underrated, and yes some girls wouldnt have sounded as it sounded without mick on guitar....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)