ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

First Mariner Arena Baltimore, MD - February 1, 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue and !
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Watchin’ out for Keith Richards Return to archive
January 27th, 2006 11:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Watchin’ out for Keith Richards
By James M. Devoy/ Brush With Fame
Friday, January 27, 2006
MetroWest News

I had the privilege of meeting Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones when, by chance, I was asked to work for a company that was hired to guard the hotel rooms of some of the Rolling Stones at the Boston Marriott. This was the start of their first concert tour in 2003, I think. I just happened to land at Keith Richards’ door.

I was sitting in the corridor -- and there were about five other people there -- and they came down the hall: Tony Russell, Richards’ right-hand man, a couple of other guys and Keith Richards. I said to myself, "I am going to play it cool here," and I looked straight ahead as they walked by. The other spectators, I believe, were star struck and most likely could not take their eyes off him -- and that’s what I wanted to do!

He walked past us and went to his door just behind Russell and then he stopped at the door. He turned around and walked back toward us about 10 feet and came up to me and introduced himself. He asked if I was going to be watching out for him that night, and I said yes, as we both smiled at each other and shook hands. He said, "I will try and keep it quiet for ya," and made that great little stutter laugh he is famous for and I said, "No problem."

I spent five nights at his door and it was very interesting, to say the least. He never left his room or returned without stopping and saying hello with some chat. He was very polite and a real gentleman, very much like a regular guy. You would never think he was the superstar he is.

One night I helped Tony (Russell) wheel a food cart into the room. There were about 14 people in a circle and Keith was at the other side of the circle with his guitar in hand playing some of his new songs. He stopped everything when I came in pushing the cart of refreshments and said, "Hey everyone, say hi to Jim." Everyone turned to me at the same time and said, "Hi Jim," and we all smiled. It was very funny the way they all said it in unison, and we laughed.
I was thrilled to have that experience and it’s a real keeper.

James M. DeVoy is an actor, originally from South Boston, now living in Florida. Look for him in the upcoming feature film, "Still Green," coming to theaters this new year. www.imdb.com/name/nm2067630/.
January 27th, 2006 11:47 PM
winter
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Watchin’ out for Keith Richards
By James M. Devoy/ Brush With Fame
Friday, January 27, 2006
MetroWest News

I had the privilege of meeting Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones when, by chance, I was asked to work for a company that was hired to guard the hotel rooms of some of the Rolling Stones at the Boston Marriott. This was the start of their first concert tour in 2003, I think. I just happened to land at Keith Richards’ door.

I was sitting in the corridor -- and there were about five other people there -- and they came down the hall: Tony Russell, Richards’ right-hand man, a couple of other guys and Keith Richards. I said to myself, "I am going to play it cool here," and I looked straight ahead as they walked by. The other spectators, I believe, were star struck and most likely could not take their eyes off him -- and that’s what I wanted to do!

He walked past us and went to his door just behind Russell and then he stopped at the door. He turned around and walked back toward us about 10 feet and came up to me and introduced himself. He asked if I was going to be watching out for him that night, and I said yes, as we both smiled at each other and shook hands. He said, "I will try and keep it quiet for ya," and made that great little stutter laugh he is famous for and I said, "No problem."

I spent five nights at his door and it was very interesting, to say the least. He never left his room or returned without stopping and saying hello with some chat. He was very polite and a real gentleman, very much like a regular guy. You would never think he was the superstar he is.

One night I helped Tony (Russell) wheel a food cart into the room. There were about 14 people in a circle and Keith was at the other side of the circle with his guitar in hand playing some of his new songs. He stopped everything when I came in pushing the cart of refreshments and said, "Hey everyone, say hi to Jim." Everyone turned to me at the same time and said, "Hi Jim," and we all smiled. It was very funny the way they all said it in unison, and we laughed.
I was thrilled to have that experience and it’s a real keeper.

James M. DeVoy is an actor, originally from South Boston, now living in Florida. Look for him in the upcoming feature film, "Still Green," coming to theaters this new year. www.imdb.com/name/nm2067630/.

Did Keith get down graded to the Marriott? Even Blondie gets to stay at the Four Seasons.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)