ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

First Mariner Arena Baltimore, MD - February 1, 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue and !
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This is bullshit Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 27th, 2006 02:41 PM
Riffhard Joey?!

January 27th, 2006 02:43 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Joey?!

Riffy ?!?! ........... Sunday ?!?!

January 27th, 2006 02:46 PM
Riffhard 'fraid not,but I here tell that Fiji is gonna be seated very near you at the all new state of the art Quest Center.

Riffy
January 27th, 2006 02:49 PM
Maxlugar House That Ruth Built???

January 27th, 2006 02:50 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Get over yourselves dudes. Yankee Stadium is wherever the FANS go to watch the Yankees play. The Yankees wouldn't even EXIST if it wouldn't be for the fans. Your ghosts will still be there regardless of where the stadium is because it's THE FANS who carry those ghosts around.

Yeah fuck it I guess. Hey while were at it why don't take the wrecking ball to this piece of shit....

I mean only the ghosts of some fucking gladiators and gay dudes in bathrobes really give a shit about it.

Riffy
January 27th, 2006 02:54 PM
nankerphelge You said gladiator

KNOCK KNOCK

Who's there?

GLADIATOR

Gladiator who?

Gladiator befor the gang bang...

January 27th, 2006 02:54 PM
Maxlugar Shot of Yankee Stadium left field fences providing proof today's ballplayer is a wussy. Time was Dimagio had to really hit it out... Let's just move it again.

January 27th, 2006 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Shot of Yankee Stadium left field fences providing proof today's ballplayer is a wussy. Time was Dimagio had to really hit it out... Let's just move it again.

That ain't no Qwest son .

January 27th, 2006 03:02 PM
Maxlugar The Map to Mediocrity, if you so choose....

January 27th, 2006 03:04 PM
Joey " Fiji is gonna be seated very near you at the all new state of the art Quest Center."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ...... Oh ...... Lil' Fiji ...... Lil' Fiji !!!!

JACKY !

January 27th, 2006 04:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot CBGBs is a fucking dump. Always was. The Ramones are dead. Knock it down. That is the punk rock thing to do. The dorks who tried to "save" the place shoulda realized that. And the Coliseum? Holy fuck Riffy...if you think that Yankee fucking Stadium is an iconic symbol of our civilization like the Coliseum is of ancient Rome...well then you need to lay off the weed my friend.

Maxy...you can play baseball anywhere. But only those studios at Stax had THAT sound. No where else. Same with Chess & Sun. Those rooms have idiosyncratic acoustics. You can build other studios, and they might sound ok, but they will never ever sound like "Hold On, I'm Coming" or "Green Onions". Sports stadiums are not like that. The game is the same. A home run at the Vet is the same as a home run at Citizen's Bank Park is the same as a home run at the old Yankee Stadium is the same as a home run at the new Yankee Stadium. A stolen base is a stolen base...a blown save is a blown save. It's 90 feet between bases, and 60 feet 6 inches from the mound to the plate. Just pray for real grass.

The 2010 Yankees will put on pinstripes and play baseball in their new stadium. Those bronze plaques will still be in centerfield. And you will be sitting in the stands with your kids cheering for whomever George has bought for that particular year. The Yankee dogs will still taste the same, and the beer will still taste like watered down piss. And the Yankee Mystique will still be there because that is where the fans will be.

Then you will realize that I was right all along. The stadium doesn't matter...it's the fans and the game that matters. The baseball will still be good wherever it is played because it's baseball.

It is not the same with music. The ghosts from Stax and Chess and Sun and American did go on and record at other places. But it wasn't the same. We lost that Memphis sound. We lost that Chicago sound. And without those rooms...we'll never have that sound again. And that is sad because I really love those sounds. Those sounds are ingrained way down deep in my soul. But I will never get any more of those sounds into my soul because they are GONE. I am limited to what has already been recorded. You will get more Yankee baseball. And THAT is the difference my friend.
January 27th, 2006 04:24 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Holy fuck Riffy...if you think that Yankee fucking Stadium is an iconic symbol of our civilization like the Coliseum is of ancient Rome...well then you need to lay off the weed my friend.

Uhh it's a joke see? Why? Ya got any weed? For what it's worth I like smoking weed and watching gladiator movies. <------ That's a joke too!

Riffy
January 27th, 2006 04:33 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
We lost that Memphis sound. We lost that Chicago sound. And without those rooms...we'll never have that sound again. And that is sad because I really love those sounds. Those sounds are ingrained way down deep in my soul. But I will never get any more of those sounds into my soul because they are GONE. I am limited to what has already been recorded. You will get more Yankee baseball. And THAT is the difference my friend.

I agree, which should be the kiss of death for THAT argument.

And why did this thread turn into an obituary of a ballpark that hasn't been torn down yet? I could give a shit personally, but I see the connection - things that used to be great about America replaced by plastic disposable crap...the original point was actually that they knocked down the Motown building without even bothering to see what was inside it first, and it was full of stuff that should've been preserved.

Where was the Excello studio? THAT room had a SOUND, and I bet it's gone too. I don't even know where it was.
January 27th, 2006 09:11 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Then you will realize that I was right all along. The stadium doesn't matter...it's the fans and the game that matters. The baseball will still be good wherever it is played because it's baseball.

Not really... That's sacred ground. Even if you are considering since the remodel. I love going there and remembering this is the place Munson played and Reggie made history. Never mind Ruth et al. Philly fans don't have that sort of feeling.

Hey, Do we have to get one one these???
January 28th, 2006 03:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot Actually, the Phillies have had some all-time greats play in the red n white. And the Phanatic is great. Best mascot in pro sports. He'll make you laugh out loud at least once per game. And the kids love him.

But that isn't the point.

>That's sacred ground<

No it isn't. Gettysburg is sacred ground. Valley Forge is sacred ground. Yorktown is sacred ground. Pearl Harbor is sacred ground. Arlington is scared ground. Ground Zero is sacred ground.

Yankee Stadium is a place where they play a game. It is NOT sacred ground. Not in any real sense anyhow.

I make no claim that recording studios are sacred ground. Because they aren't. People made music there, that's it. So I guess we are debating if sports is as/more important than music? Or can a sports stadium like Yankee Stadium be a cultural icon? Music is more important to me...and I love sports. But that's just me. Music feeds my soul. I would shrivel up and die without it. I need music like I need air and food. If I never saw another sporting event it really wouldn't bother me too much. I'd probably miss it a little, but nothing I couldn't live without.

I guess maybe I might feel different if I gave a fuck about the Yankees. But I don't. In fact, I despise them. I literally want bad things to happen to them. So I'm probably biased. But I don't really care about that either. Yankee stadium is not, and never will be anything like the Coliseum. Yankee Stadium is not a cultural iconic symbol to me or tens of millions of Americans...and never will be. In fact, I'd say DisneyWorld is more iconic to more people.

It's just a matter of perspective I suppose.

January 28th, 2006 03:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

It's just a matter of perspective I suppose.

And here you have nutshelled it perfectly. To Yankees fans it is indeed sacred ground. Not because of bloodshed or military heroics,but rather because Yankee Stadium cannot be seperated from it's own sacred New York history.

There is not another city in this nation that has the same kind of relationship with a sports team as does New York with the Yankees. That many non Yankee fans,such as myself and you,don't get it does not discount it's own relevance to most New Yorkers.

Bottom line. Yankee Stadium is as American as apple pie,and it's about to be leveled. That is a gut shot to Yankee fans from at least seven generations back. I'm sure Maxy would agree.

Again,I'm not a Yankees fan,but I know many,and they are all very upset about this issue. Many have been going to that stadium with their fathers as far back as they can remember. Likewise so have their fathers,and their father's fathers,and so on,and so on,...

Riffy
January 29th, 2006 08:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot >New Yorkers<

No, THAT is it in a nutshell.

New York City is a fantastic place. It would be even better if it wasn't populated with New Yorkers. New Yorkers are the USA's answer to Parisians.

Oh, and Flea...Excello was in Nashville. Nashville had a buttload of those quirky, great sounding studios. I don't know if the place still exists...I doubt it...but I'll see if I can find out.
January 29th, 2006 09:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>New Yorkers<

It would be even better if it wasn't populated with New Yorkers. New Yorkers are the USA's answer to Parisians.

LOL Sir!!
Parisians ah ah, they re all grey ,thinking they re the center of the world!
and that accent OMG!
January 29th, 2006 10:10 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yankee Stadium is the most revered baseball stadium in existance. More so than Wrigley,or Fenway.

Fenway blows it away and has, even by Yankee admission, in terms of ambience. Hell, Jeter and the boys like it TOO damn much for my liking. if you'd notice, both teams do pretty well in each other's ballpark. That being said, Fenway--despite dramatic upgrade--should also be torn down. The past should not be glorified when it is not deserving by today's standards.

January 30th, 2006 08:27 AM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

LOL Sir!!
Parisians ah ah, they re all grey ,thinking they re the center of the world!
and that accent OMG!

January 30th, 2006 08:57 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

The past should not be glorified when it is not deserving by today's standards.

i dont know much about baseball but that's a heavy statement in any event

as always the reverse can apply

cazart!!
January 30th, 2006 09:14 AM
Maxlugar [quote]stonedinaustralia wrote:

Oh SIA, I'm glad I found you.

Are you involved is this incredible hobby in Australia?

I need to bring this here to the U.S.

http://www.ausbg.org/index.html
January 30th, 2006 09:43 AM
stonedinaustralia i'm glad i met you too max

looks like fun

i want to be the bismark

i could re-write history!!
January 30th, 2006 09:58 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
i'm glad i met you too max

looks like fun

i want to be the bismark

i could re-write history!!

Have you ever seen these things? I would get one of these boats and drive it around sinking little kids sailboats at Eisenhower Park. Or just bring it to the beach and shoot people in the eyes and speed away.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)