ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

First Mariner Arena Baltimore, MD - February 1, 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue and !
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie' Sobriety-Question-Opinion-Musings Return to archive
January 26th, 2006 02:48 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck As everyone is aware of Ronnie' commitment to staying clean this tour,how much incentive do you think he has had??( other than the obvious for health reasons)
No doubt Mick and Keith (and Charlie I'm sure) have come down on him for this tour,but what exactly could they threaten him with??Expulsion? Could they really replace him at this stage of the game?financial?perhaps he's being fined per mistakes ala Ramones/James Brown Band?Which would probably leave Ronnie OWEING THEM money!

Can't you picture Mick telling Ronnie
"If you don't lay off the juice,Yer out"
Ronnie replying"oh yeah? You ain't gonna throw me out,who else you gonna get eh? Johhny Depp!!!?? Bwa-wa-ha-ha-ha!
January 26th, 2006 03:25 PM
Saint Sway financial.
January 26th, 2006 03:50 PM
pdog He was loaded to the gills @ MSG... Definitely opiates, probably Vicodins or stronger...
Sad, he will be the first to die and probably before he hits 60 or soon after...
January 26th, 2006 03:52 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
pdog wrote:
He was loaded to the gills @ MSG... Definitely opiates, probably Vicodins or stronger...
Sad, he will be the first to die and probably before he hits 60 or soon after...

BASED ON WHAT?
January 26th, 2006 04:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

BASED ON WHAT?

seriously. I've done vic's & perc's. I have friends that are always on. You cant tell when someone is popping. Certainly not from 50 ft away.
January 26th, 2006 04:16 PM
sammy davis jr. I had a room two doors down from him at the Ritz in Chicago....got to shake his hand and say hi on the way to the elevator before soundcheck. I gotta say, he looks like shit. I love the guy, but feel sorry for him. He doesn't seem to be very happy. It certainly could be health related, but I think if Ronnie 'aint smoking and drinking, he's not happy.
January 26th, 2006 05:16 PM
pdog
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

BASED ON WHAT?

He didn't need to be that close to tell, but he was... Connstant nose scratching, eyelids drooping down and then sudden opening, not to mention he's moving with the junkie swagger... How do i know. I was on heroin for a long time, and I see alot of folkdk who are on it all the time... Only easy to hide to those who don't know, once you know, it's like six sense, Ronnie is getting high... How much, how often, I don't know, but he is. He was loaded at both MSG gigs. I saw it in him, and others who are in the know said the same thing about Wednesdays gig. People can function on dope, and sometime function very well. Everyone was doing dope during VL tour except for Jagger.
January 26th, 2006 06:13 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:

Everyone was doing dope during VL tour except for Jagger.

It's hard to picture Watts on drugs. He's so classy. Do you know what he was on?
January 26th, 2006 07:52 PM
chevysales
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

BASED ON WHAT?

could have been but his face looked to me like he was sick bigtime. and not dope sick either
January 26th, 2006 08:12 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
pdog wrote:

He didn't need to be that close to tell, but he was... Connstant nose scratching, eyelids drooping down and then sudden opening, not to mention he's moving with the junkie swagger... How do i know. I was on heroin for a long time, and I see alot of folkdk who are on it all the time... Only easy to hide to those who don't know, once you know, it's like six sense, Ronnie is getting high... How much, how often, I don't know, but he is. He was loaded at both MSG gigs. I saw it in him, and others who are in the know said the same thing about Wednesdays gig. People can function on dope, and sometime function very well. Everyone was doing dope during VL tour except for Jagger.

YOU WERE'NT AROUND WHEN I HAD AN IDIOT LIST..BUT, YOU ARE NOW AN HONORARY MEMBER..
THOSE IN THE KNOW,INDEED
January 26th, 2006 08:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
YOU WERE'NT AROUND WHEN I HAD AN IDIOT LIST..BUT, YOU ARE NOW AN HONORARY MEMBER..
THOSE IN THE KNOW,INDEED

What happened to the kinder and gentler BILL PERKS?
January 26th, 2006 08:29 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck I figured 'Financial' but what could they do?Put him on a salary? I'm sure he must have something from 'No Security" socked away.

Theres just something about that Guitar spot isn't there?must be something to do with the loom of Keith' shadow!

Imagine if Ronnie has a relapse just before the Super bowl!!?? He goes on bare-chested with one of the teams colors painted on his face and torso
[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]
January 26th, 2006 11:18 PM
pdog
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THOSE IN THE KNOW,INDEED

Typing in all caps is the sign of inteligence, heh?
People who've been on certain drugs can tell when someone is on that kind of drug, it only takes an idiot to not get that!
I've seen ronnie play when he wasn't loaded too, so it was really apparent something ain't right, and I'm not the only one noticing it... You know the saying, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, check its ass for feathers, or sumthin' like that...
Sorry you couldn't make it to MSG, I heard there was a family situation, hope all is well.
January 26th, 2006 11:46 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THOSE IN THE KNOW,INDEED

bill, pdog is right - those who have the experience can see that sort of thing a mile away - those who haven't just don't recognize the signs

don't take my or pdog's word for it cf. Burroughs "Junky"
[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
January 27th, 2006 02:19 AM
The Wick I'm actually surprised that people think Ronnie is struggling. When I saw them he was playing beautifully and seemed completely on form. The one I think is loaded is Keith. His playing, compared to previous tours, has been terrible. And that European Press Conference, though hilarious, showed how wasted he was, whereas Ronnie seemed very concsious and clean. He had to stop for the obvious reasons, and even though this is only somewhat related, but the biggest danger he is facing is from smoking because he was told he would get ephysema if he didn't quit.
January 27th, 2006 05:47 AM
Moonisup even during the Licks tour (in europe) you could clearly see he wasn't sober at all shows. don't know if it where the drugs, the booze or both.
Keith drinks alot, and blows but he's doing that for quite some time. Maybe pod helps to kill the pain in his fingers.

Rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
January 27th, 2006 09:12 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Ronnie being sober pisses me off. I loved it when he used to be shitfaced.

It aint like it affects his playing. He was shit on drink and drugs and hes still shit now!
January 27th, 2006 09:19 AM
Jumacfly the Stones guitarists became the weakest links of the band.
Mick and Charlie still got class and rythm...
January 27th, 2006 10:52 AM
pdog
quote:
The Wick wrote:
I'm actually surprised that people think Ronnie is struggling. When I saw them he was playing beautifully and seemed completely on form. The one I think is loaded is Keith. His playing, compared to previous tours, has been terrible. And that European Press Conference, though hilarious, showed how wasted he was, whereas Ronnie seemed very concsious and clean. He had to stop for the obvious reasons, and even though this is only somewhat related, but the biggest danger he is facing is from smoking because he was told he would get ephysema if he didn't quit.

His playing is good and better than Keiths... I'm amazed he hasn't gone back to smoking.
January 27th, 2006 12:14 PM
nankerphelge Love Keith to death, but he musta been plowed at MSG on the 20th.

He mangled Sympathy and screwed up Brown Sugar somewhat too.

January 27th, 2006 12:26 PM
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Love Keith to death, but he musta been plowed at MSG on the 20th.

He mangled Sympathy and screwed up Brown Sugar somewhat too.

Keith is right behind Ozzy in the race to wearing adult diapers, and I love Keith like I love my family... It hurts to say it, but it's true... Jagger and Watts have been carrying this band for sometime.
January 27th, 2006 12:31 PM
glencar What was up with the 1/18 show when Ronnie did that extended riff during SMU? It wasn't part of the song & it didn't match the screen. It confused me.
January 27th, 2006 06:07 PM
Soldatti More than never, the current Stones is the Mick band. He's so good than the rest of the band looks bad.
January 27th, 2006 07:57 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
More than never, the current Stones is the Mick band. He's so good than the rest of the band looks bad.

If you're right then that's both sad and confusing, cuz Jagger has been the weak link in the band for decades..
He USED to be a great singer, but that was back in the day..
Just compare the original Rocks Off with the version on Four Flicks..
January 27th, 2006 09:41 PM
keefjunkie charlie IS the stones.
January 27th, 2006 10:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:

If you're right then that's both sad and confusing, cuz Jagger has been the weak link in the band for decades..
He USED to be a great singer, but that was back in the day..
Just compare the original Rocks Off with the version on Four Flicks..

Well, his voice changed but that's is pretty normal for a guy in his 60's. I think that he sings great, a bit more over the top sometimes but I can hear flashes of the old Mick.
January 27th, 2006 10:57 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Ronnie being sober pisses me off. I loved it when he used to be shitfaced.

It aint like it affects his playing. He was shit on drink and drugs and hes still shit now!

You insensitive cunt!!

I love you.
January 29th, 2006 03:10 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck I didn't know Ronnie quit smoking as well!!!. I guess smoking two cigs at once wasn't a very good idea after all.(I think I've seen him do that in the LSTNT Film.)

Imagine being a Rolling Stone and not being allowed to Drink/Drunk/Smoke?Mick aside, since he does it (or doesn't)for'Performance"reasons but I suspect he still dusts his nose.Keeps you rail thin aand all that!
January 29th, 2006 03:37 PM
speedfreakjive How do we actually know Ronnie has been off the wagon of late; maybe he looks wasted because he's been wasted so much of his life, his playing seems roughly the same quality as on the Licks tour iMO.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)