ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

First Mariner Arena Baltimore, MD - February 1, 2006
© Algerina Perna with thanks to Sue and !
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Hail! Hail! Rock n Roll" DVD Return to archive
January 26th, 2006 05:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Chuck Berry concert documentary coming to DVD
Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:50 AM ET
By Thomas K. Arnold

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Image Entertainment has secured DVD rights to "Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll," the seminal Chuck Berry movie masterminded by Keith Richards.

The firm will release two-disc and four-disc editions with never-before-seen footage, documentaries, interviews and other bonus materials on June 27.

The 1987 film, which captures a St. Louis concert commemorating Berry's 60th birthday the year before, features such stars as Eric Clapton, Etta James, Robert Cray, Linda Ronstadt and Julian Lennon.

The film also incorporates interviews with an occasionally testy Berry and his family members, the late Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bruce Springsteen, Little Richard, the Everly Brothers and Bo Diddley.

Also featured is footage of a performance by Berry and his backup band of the 1950s at the long-gone Cosmopolitan Club in East St. Louis, Ill. The film was directed by Taylor Hackford, who most recently produced and directed the Oscar-winning biopic "Ray."

The four-disc set will contain more than seven hours of new material. Highlights, according to Hackford, include "intimate jam sessions" with Clapton, Cray, James, Richards, Berry and Berry's late keyboardist sidekick Johnnie Johnson, extended interviews with some of rock's founding fathers and a conversation between Berry and the Band's Robbie Robertson in which Berry talks about his prison experiences for the first time.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

January 26th, 2006 07:56 AM
Nellcote DVD is a wonderful thing.
January 26th, 2006 08:45 AM
axl79 Good news! I got the video (120 mins ) and I love every minute of it.
January 26th, 2006 10:24 AM
gimmekeef This will be great.But as technology has advanced hopefully there will be a way to edit Keith ..out of the pathetic powder blue suits while on stage!!!!!!!!.oh yes and a delete Linda Ronstadt button too!!..Then it would be perfect...
January 26th, 2006 10:29 AM
Gazza Excellent

maybe there'll be an interactive feature too where the viewer can choose an alternative ending to the Keith/Chuck argument during rehearsals - and instead of watching Keith bite his lip and chew on a bullet, you can push a button which allows him to shove his guitar up Chuck's ass!
January 26th, 2006 10:36 AM
charlotte took me a long time to get over that episode Gazza, hopefully we can create a "just ending"...

[Edited by charlotte]
January 26th, 2006 04:55 PM
axl79 yapp, you can see Chuck Berrys ego , and shows how difficult it's to play with him. Kieth must love the man in certain way, to put up with him that way.
January 26th, 2006 05:06 PM
stonedinaustralia yes` great news

hope there's extra material of chuck doing more stuff in the vein of "Thru With Love", "Cottage for Sale" and that haunting hawaiian steel guitar instrumental featured at the close of the video

what we probably don't want is highlights of chuck's own "home movies"
January 26th, 2006 05:47 PM
bon jovi There is a lovely pic of Chuck and a young girl with the caption "the only magazine with the balls to show Chuck's berries!"
Quite shocking.
January 27th, 2006 12:41 AM
riccardo Looks like it is a 4 dvd set!
January 27th, 2006 01:27 AM
glencar I taped this to DVD just a few weeks ago from a cable movie channel. I'll buy this for the extra footage.
January 27th, 2006 01:34 AM
padre Excellent news!!!
January 27th, 2006 06:43 AM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Excellent

maybe there'll be an interactive feature too where the viewer can choose an alternative ending to the Keith/Chuck argument during rehearsals - and instead of watching Keith bite his lip and chew on a bullet, you can push a button which allows him to shove his guitar up Chuck's ass!

What happens in that bit? What`s that argument about?
January 27th, 2006 08:24 AM
Mel Belli With "Ray" being a hit, Taylor Hackford's star is on the rise. Perfect time to revisit "Hail"...
January 27th, 2006 09:04 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:

What happens in that bit? What`s that argument about?

you have GOT to see it :-) it's rich!!

it is a dispute over the opening to 'Carol'

Berry feels the need to re-teach it to Keith!!
January 27th, 2006 09:09 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Fuck Chuck Berry

Yeah thats right....Fuck him!

[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
January 27th, 2006 10:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
what we probably don't want is highlights of chuck's own "home movies"

Chuck made home movies?
January 27th, 2006 10:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Berry feels the need to re-teach it to Keith!!

Is chuck free nowadays??
[Edited by Jumacfly]
January 27th, 2006 10:46 AM
tumbling dice Great news! I remember when i saw it for the first time in a cinema in Porto Alegre ,south of BRazil,my dear birthtown.Everybody got stoned before we went there.Afterthat i saw 2 times more in the same cinema the year was 88, i think.What a great movie!All my heroes in front of me in in a giant screen.Keith was on fire!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)