ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pepsi Center, Denver, CO - February 1, 2002
Steven R. Nickerson - Rocky Mountain News
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Jovi Return to archive
01-27-03 09:24 AM
jb Was that post superbowl performance the most embarrassing event these clowns have done to date...thank god the Stones passed on this one.
01-27-03 10:03 AM
Boomhauer Probably....well, yes.
01-27-03 10:31 AM
Mathijs of course the Stones didn't want to perform at the Super Bowl.

Stones = real man = Rugby
Bon Jovi = sissy boys = American Footbal.

Mathijs
01-27-03 10:32 AM
jb Glad your back mathjis..you have been sorely missed!
01-27-03 10:38 AM
F505 besides Jagger is a cricket and soccer fan. He once was chairman of the New York Cosmos in the time Franz Beckenbauer and Wim Rijsbergen played there. According to them Jagger was stoned all the time.
01-27-03 10:39 AM
jb By the time those guys played for the Cosmos, they were washed up ....especially Georgioe Canali(?)
01-27-03 10:52 AM
marko even i have lots mates in Usa,,i agree with mathy!
01-27-03 10:56 AM
jb Our worst girls football teams could kick your best rugby teams asses with ease!!!!
01-27-03 11:12 AM
Fiji Joe Yeah I'm with JB on that one...just cause we don't play it doesn't mean we wouldn't dominate it
01-27-03 11:20 AM
jb "Tort reform" is a code word for reducing the liability of big corporations and doctors.
01-27-03 12:04 PM
Maxlugar I think Shania should have gone with a more simple outfit last night.

That number she wore was unnecessarily complicated and ill fitted. One kept looking and waiting for her to shed it and show us her fit and trim body.

Maybe if she just took off that mess of a coat and had on just the bra and hot pants....

Having said that, her hair and make up were to die for!

Not too mention the boots and fish net stockings.

Mr. Maxwell!
01-27-03 12:06 PM
jb Max..swear on my life, my partner said the same thing...her outfit was horrible...she is the most beautiful creature , yet that outfit really detracted!!! I would still do the mutt with her....
01-27-03 12:06 PM
Nellcote Bon Jovi got the gig, as they helped open the NFL season, with 100,000 in Times Sq 9/05/02, the night the Stones played Gillette. Kind of open/close the NFL season with them. Bon Jovi & the Stones are not on the same level. Bon Jovi are GODS in Jersey, along with Springsteen, Southside Johnny have done alot for the Jersey music scene. Sure, it's big hair 80's rock, however, if you've got children, I'm sure you would agree you would rather have them singing "It's My Life" than anything by Snoop or M & M.
01-27-03 12:10 PM
jb Nellcote...the whole 1/2 time , post show was an abortion....How sad to see a washed up sting constantly doing these things..No doubt were good...man I bet that Gwen is a freak in bed...lucky Gavin "Mean machine" Rosdale...Bon Jovi is pure, unadulterated pop....I wonder what warren sapp and John Gruden thought having to wait for that shiot to end before the championship presentation....and what a fucking freamalcolm Glazer looked like...god..I hope he is not a member of the tribe..
01-27-03 12:19 PM
Nellcote It did seem odd to have that entertainment after the game.
BTW, why did they shuttle Santana to the pre game entertainment? I think is is much more versatile than lipsync Shania, that trashy hooka. he could have had Rob Thomas there also, blew the doors off the place. And Sting, that creep, has the GAUL to sing Police songs now, just because they are getting inducted this year? Why not surprise us all and unite the Police last night? That would have been the balls, which he has never had. Hey, at least Stefani was real, compared to the Darth Vader Twain, what a trollup!. Nothing, nothing beats what I viewed last yeat in Nawlins of the striking, solemn, U2. I do not bow at their alter, however, that performance was THE best! I watched XXXVI yesterday, as it was the last day the Pats were champs. How many Glazers are there anyway? I'm certain Tagliabue was all wet to give him the trophy, in place of Davis, as they probably rued the day that he would have to stand in the same room w/ Old Al, given his victories in court vs the NFL.
01-27-03 12:38 PM
parmeda Speaking of post-entertainment...did anyone catch Jimmy Kimmel last night?
I wonder how long it will take Michael Eisner to have his head hanging from his office wall as a trophy?

Personally, I laughed my ass off at him and Snoop!
01-27-03 12:40 PM
Nellcote The pregame skit was a riot, however, did not catch the show. Did they not steal him from Fox? ABC is on life support, anyway. They've got to pare off some of these holdings, IMO.
01-27-03 01:03 PM
parmeda Kimmel made Terry Bradshaw lose more hair than the man could afford, LOL...I'm going to miss him on the FOX pre-game shows on Sundays next year.
01-27-03 05:10 PM
Gazza thank fuck I went to bed before it ended and missed those wankers playing the post-show - they're hideously bad beyond belief and the most over-achieving band in history.

what with this, the Winter Olympics opening ceremony and countless other excuses for inflicting their banal bilge upon us, I'm convinced Bon Jovi would turn up to the opening of an envelope if it meant a few extra units in subsequent sales.
01-27-03 05:27 PM
stewed & Keefed OH YEAH JB.......LIKE A FOOTBALL TEAM WOULD COME NEAR TO A RUGBY TEAM
01-27-03 05:27 PM
scope
quote:
Gazza wrote:
thank fuck I went to bed before it ended and missed those wankers playing the post-show - they're hideously bad beyond belief and the most over-achieving band in history.

what with this, the Winter Olympics opening ceremony and countless other excuses for inflicting their banal bilge upon us, I'm convinced Bon Jovi would turn up to the opening of an envelope if it meant a few extra units in subsequent sales.

ABC must not have thought too much of them either. They went to commercial in the middle of their performance
01-27-03 05:35 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! What is Rugby?
01-27-03 05:44 PM
stewed & Keefed IT'S A MANS VERSION OF FOOTBALL.
01-27-03 06:32 PM
Miss U. I thought Shania looked horrible; what was she thinking?? She looked so passe.

Gwen was cool, I thought it was weird her voice sounded so deep & Sting's so high.

Didn't see Bon Jovi, but I do like the song "Every Day". Their big-hair image is long gone, they do have some talent.
01-27-03 09:42 PM
Scot Rocks Bon Jovi are utter shite, they make me cringe for the seemingly neverending second it takes me to change the channel if they appear on the tv.

Rugby is easilly a far harder game than American Football and Football (soocer) is too especially if you are playing against people like, Roy Keane, Vinnie Jones, Julian Dicks, "Chopper" Harris etc and if you are watching it in the crowd with players like Eric Cantona!!! rememeber that fly kick everyone!!! lol

Cheers

Mark
01-27-03 10:45 PM
Flash77 I guess I'm the only one on here who likes Bon Jovi and sees them as a great straight up kick ass rock n roll band. In fact the only band that I like better than Jovi is The Stones.
01-27-03 11:18 PM
sammy davis jr. You will never find an American Football player named Julian Dicks. Period. Let's not get into which "Football" is harder to play, or tougher- that argument could go on forever. Enjoy the Stones when they cross the pond!
01-28-03 09:28 AM
Sir Stonesalot I watched the Stones HBO show during halftime...HBO was replaying it during the superbowl.

Sting who?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST