ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pepsi Center, Denver, CO - February 1, 2002
Steven R. Nickerson - Rocky Mountain News
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Error on Exile Tape Speed! Return to archive
01-26-03 11:51 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Or at least, I think so... I have a European copy, pressed 1972 under Rolling Stones Records. I thought initially it was my player... but I put on Abbey Road and it played without a hitch. It's running too slow.

Were there any documented cases of the Exile acetates or anything like that being run too slow?

-tSYX --- All down the line...
01-26-03 12:36 PM
sasca I think sounds on tapes and records, based on the speed of your machinery and that on which it was recorded, vary far more than do CDs. I don't know of any batch regarded as faulty.
01-26-03 03:43 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Or at least, I think so... I have a European copy, pressed 1972 under Rolling Stones Records. I thought initially it was my player... but I put on Abbey Road and it played without a hitch. It's running too slow.

Were there any documented cases of the Exile acetates or anything like that being run too slow?

-tSYX --- All down the line...

Styx --

Where was it made? I have an American original, an English copy and a Jap. copy and they are all fine.

01-26-03 04:26 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Europe 1972.

It's really weird - I don't think it's the player, since it plays other records without a hitch.

-tSYX --- Dark green Vasoline...
01-27-03 04:44 AM
Moonisup abbey road?
01-27-03 05:41 PM
stewed & Keefed ABBEY ROAD ??????????????????
01-27-03 05:57 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
ABBEY ROAD ??????????????????

Abbey Road. You heard me. Abbey Road. I got a lot of nice records from my grandmother's stash of my mother and her siblings's records, and that was in there.

It's a good album!

-tSYX --- May the good lawd shine a light on you...
01-27-03 09:06 PM
Boomhauer YES!!!!!
01-28-03 11:49 AM
Fiji Joe Double LP tapes often play a step slow...at leat that's my experience

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST