ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Buddy Guy makes public appeal to Keith Return to archive
January 25th, 2006 02:53 PM
parmeda Buddy Guy was interviewed this morning on 97.9FM WLUP (The Loop); whereas he made a public appeal to the Stones for an autographed guitar for his “Memento Case” at his Chicago club LEGENDS.

Speaking with Johnny B., noted morning DJ, about the rumors that The Stones were going to show up at his club late last night, Buddy chuckled and stated, “It’s news to me!”

Buddy immediately proclaimed that he wished they had. He wants to talk to them. They owe him a guitar!

Apparently, “his people” have been talking to “their people” for years in the hopes that they would be gracious enough to donate a guitar for him to display. LEGENDS already has autographed drum skins and sticks that were donated by Charlie Watts. Buddy went on to say that he had spoke to Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards, specifically, last time around when he toured with them and opened for two of their shows on the Licks Tour. Buddy said, “I was promised” an autographed guitar…and he wants one badly…hopefully, before he dies! Buddy went into deep lengths about the history of the Stones and their relationship to Muddy Waters, Howlin’ Wolf & Willie Dixon. He has many pieces collected from their careers and wants to rightfully honor the Rolling Stones as well.

Since the interview this morning, the radio station randomly has played back “the appeal” in the hopes that someone close to the group will hear it and get the message to the band.

I, for one, can tell you that I had heard the rumor about last night, too. I regret to inform you that I never saw anyone walk into LEGENDS last night. I, along with groves of others, fought the bitter cold for three hours at a slim chance of a dream come true that never happened. Earlier this morning, I went as far as contacting producers for both parties (Buddy Guy & WLUP) that assured me that up until midnight, they still had not surfaced anywhere in town. I can't speak for what might have happened after the fact...

In closing, I can only hope that someone in the Stones’ camp READS THIS and for the sake of appearances…WILL YOU PLEASE THROW BUDDY A FUCKING BONE AND GET A GUITAR TO HIM ALREADY!

Oh!...and before I forget...I'm working on obtaining a transcript and/or audio feed of Buddy's interview.
January 25th, 2006 03:13 PM
voodoopug sorry we didnt get to say hello...i was there too, sitting right in the front row....the info we had received was very strong that a stones appearance was in the works!! sadly, no one showed up. I thought for sure once Buddy showed up, everything was in place.
January 25th, 2006 03:13 PM
Joey
Hi Pam !
January 25th, 2006 03:16 PM
parmeda Hi Joey!

Damn, pug! I didn't think you were going to make it out there, lol. To be honest, I had more fun jumping from bar to bar trying to get "word" of anything! How long did you stay? I think I was home and in bed right before midnight...
January 25th, 2006 03:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Hi Joey!

Damn, pug! I didn't think you were going to make it out there, lol. To be honest, I had more fun jumping from bar to bar trying to get "word" of anything! How long did you stay? I think I was home and in bed right before midnight...

i decided to finally head up there at around 7PM, the rest of the former Voodoo PUgs had saved me a seat right in front of the stage...i stayed until about 12:38 and then left...humbled and humiliated!
January 25th, 2006 03:26 PM
parmeda Billy Goats tonight?
January 25th, 2006 03:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Billy Goats tonight?

Cant make it to Billy Goats, as I will wait for my son to fall asleep before I leave and his bedtime is 7PM, so I put my UC ETA at about 8PM
January 25th, 2006 03:45 PM
parmeda Look for me on the main floor (south side) closest bar to the main entrance.

I'm waiting to hear from tele.
Key word: Waiting

...god forbid I hold my breath!
January 25th, 2006 03:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Look for me on the main floor (south side) closest bar to the main entrance.

I'm waiting to hear from tele.
Key word: Waiting

...god forbid I hold my breath!

sadly, tele refuses to greet me, would not come see my band and has disappeared right from under us.
January 25th, 2006 04:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
....the info we had received was very strong that a stones appearance was in the works!! sadly, no one showed up.

seems like your "info" is consistently wrong.

You need better sources, mate.
January 25th, 2006 04:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

seems like your "info" is consistently wrong.

You need better sources, mate.

you shall no longer be greeted. I have provided sound information to many people on this board and I am continually attacked when plans change, and accused of keeping my info private on other ocassions.

If my help is not appreciated here, I shall just use this board and many of its members for my own ammusement and shall limit my posting of exclusive news to Shidoobee and Lotus Couch!

Members of this board have already run jb away again regardless of how much of a gentleman he acts like when greeting! Soon, jb and myself shall leave this board and the dust bunnies will begin to roll, only interrupted by pathetic posts about U2, Bon Jovi, and other subpar acts!

Please do not approach me tonite at the United Center or in Florida as I will not be doing any greeting except from a few previously greeted folks (see Parmeda)
January 25th, 2006 04:36 PM
Saint Sway you can post your wrong info wherever you wish. It really doesnt matter.
January 25th, 2006 04:40 PM
Joey

I have a terrific headache
January 25th, 2006 04:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you can post your wrong info wherever you wish. It really doesnt matter.

it is posts and posters such as yourself who have turned this board in to a shell of its former self. Blue was right!
January 25th, 2006 04:46 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
sadly, tele refuses to greet me, would not come see my band and has disappeared right from under us.

tele just checked in.

He is on his death bed with the flu and is attempting tonight's outing. I reassured him I'd have plenty of cough drops in my purse. He can chase them with a shot of whiskey!

I have faith in tele.

...he fears me

January 25th, 2006 04:54 PM
Joey
quote:
parmeda wrote:

tele just checked in.

He is on his death bed with the flu and is attempting tonight's outing. I reassured him I'd have plenty of cough drops in my purse. He can chase them with a shot of whiskey!

I have faith in tele.

...he fears me

Have fun this evening kids .

J. " Snuggles " Fly !!!
January 25th, 2006 04:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:

tele just checked in.

I have faith in tele.

...he fears me

I fear you on his behalf, and I'm 4,500 miles away....
January 25th, 2006 05:02 PM
Nellcote Pug, do not let mere mortals trouble you.
Remember, we need for for the long haul.
Al Qaeda is watching our every move!
Have a great time tonight.
January 25th, 2006 05:03 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I fear you on his behalf, and I'm 4,500 miles away....

I've always said that you're a smart man, Gazza
January 25th, 2006 05:07 PM
gimmekeef Let it rock Chicago....enjoy the show gang!!!....Tonites surprise will be Little Red Rooster!!!!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)