ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Humiliated the Stones on Monday Return to archive
January 25th, 2006 02:50 PM
voodoopug Sadly, I fear CHicago may no longer be a stones town. The house was packed on Monday, but I quickly learned that this was due to Jake Cohl's masterful papering.

EVERYONE in my row (13th row Ronnies side) paid well under face for tickets and bought them within two days of the show. I witnessed tickets being sold outside for $20 each....If not for Jake's wonderful papering, it would have been a half full house.

Thank You Jake...and we are Sorry...please come back to Chicago!
January 25th, 2006 02:52 PM
Ihavelotsajam Maybe that's why they seem to have mailed in the performance according to many.
[Edited by Ihavelotsajam]
January 25th, 2006 03:00 PM
Kurtcobainkid87 Yeah, the Stones were humilated. I was in the upper level sitting by some obnxious women. It was very off putting. They say through the show, I hope tonights crowd is cooler.
January 25th, 2006 03:01 PM
Dan Actually I think the Stones humiliated Chicago by charging much more for tickets than they were really worth for just a 20 song set. Supply and demand my ass. Congrats to everyone who got in for a fair price.
January 25th, 2006 03:05 PM
rasputin56 C'mon. They are charging $450 for any decent seat in the house. Not just the front rows but practically anything in the lower level of the arenas. I got a nice pair of $60 (face value) tickets and was up in the nosebleeds in Boston. Just before Sloan came on, a Garden employee came up to us and said we were just upgraded to Loge 2 ($450 seats) He had a stack of tickets in his hand that was at least 4 inches thick. Great seats but worth that much? I don't think so. Obviously many others passed on paying that much, too. Not a lot of people these days can drop $1,000 for a couple of hours of fun.
January 25th, 2006 03:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
Actually I think the Stones humiliated Chicago by charging much more for tickets than they were really worth for just a 20 song set. Supply and demand my ass. Congrats to everyone who got in for a fair price.

Amen !!!!!!

I guarantee you THIS !!!!!!!

The Rolling Stones ain't gonna ' Mail in the Show ' this Sunday Evening at THE LEGENDARY , BRAND SPANKING NEW , STATE - OF - THE - ART , TWENTY THOUSAND SEAT , QWEST CENTER ARENA ( Built specifically for the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World !!! )
January 25th, 2006 03:09 PM
pdog There comes a time when you have to put the toe tag on and call the mortician...
Hope you had a great time Pug...
January 25th, 2006 03:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
Maybe that's why they seem to have mailed in the performance according to many.
[Edited by Ihavelotsajam]

it was certainly an up and down show, with Mick under the weather as he kept going to blow his nose several times and did not run at all from side to side.

SOme songs were played very well:

As Tears Go By
Jumping Jack
Paint It Black
Satisfaction
Get Off my Cloud
Rain Fall Down

Some were played below average:

Start Me Up
IORR
LSTNT (very little keith and ronnie non existant)
Happy (some confusion on stage with the arrangement)
January 25th, 2006 03:13 PM
Joey

Isn't IORR always played ' below average ' ?!?!

Isn't ..........................................

********* END TRANSMISSION ***************
January 25th, 2006 03:14 PM
Jumping Jack The reviews by the papers and the fans were humiliating. Sounds like many fans were going through the motions.
January 25th, 2006 03:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The reviews by the papers and the fans were humiliating. Sounds like many fans were going through the motions.

I humiliated much of the midwest with my appearance on WGN
January 25th, 2006 03:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The reviews by the papers and the fans were humiliating. Sounds like many fans were going through the motions.

I have no intention of " Sniffing Ass " Sunday Evening at the B STAGE .....

...... THAT I promise you .

Sniffy !!!!

***** SNIFF ******
January 25th, 2006 03:23 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

I have no intention of " Sniffing Ass " Sunday Evening at the B STAGE .....

Depends on whose ass...
January 25th, 2006 03:26 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

May Jackie Bange visit your home this weekend and do a ' story '

|
|
|
V

http://wgntv.trb.com/news/local/wgntv-bange-jackiebio,0,7110274.story?coll=wgntv-home-nav
January 25th, 2006 03:33 PM
BILL PERKS joey i hope you get 19 warhorses..I HOPR THEY MAIL IT IN LIKE THE WHO IN 1982...

"HAVE YOU HEARD THAT SHITE WHO'S LAST, RONNIE?"
January 25th, 2006 03:34 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Oh....I am on a mission!

Just ask Mr. Lugar, rotflmao
January 25th, 2006 03:36 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
joey i hope you get 19 warhorses..I HOPR THEY MAIL IT IN LIKE THE WHO IN 1982...

"HAVE YOU HEARD THAT SHITE WHO'S LAST, RONNIE?"

PERKS .........................................

I SWEAR you shall NOT be greeted sunday night !

I Friggin SWEAR it !!!!!

|
|
|
|
V

January 25th, 2006 04:36 PM
SweetVirginia VoodooPug, do you know if they were taping at the Chicago show for a future DVD as reported here ealier? I hope not, as it would expand the humiliation.

They should have been taping at MSG!

--------------
January 25th, 2006 04:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
SOme songs were played very well:

Rain Fall Down

GASP!!!!
January 25th, 2006 06:30 PM
Soldatti The tickets giveaway is depressing and appalling. U2 sold out the Chicago's shows in a minute and 47 seconds!
January 26th, 2006 09:54 AM
gimmekeef So would the Stones if there prices were in line with reality.....A 4 inch stack of tickets to give out?....Doesnt that tell them something?.And for one who has paid top buck already..it really pisses me off!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)