ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: half time controversy? Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 25th, 2006 02:17 PM
bez85 Should the stones do something controversial on thi s worl stage? something harmless like MIck saying th e ROlling STONES are more popular than DUBBYA . I personally would like to see the STONES in the headlines for a couple weeks when was rthe las time they were controversial?
January 25th, 2006 02:25 PM
Jumping Jack The Bush Bashers will be sadly disappointed in this performance. Mick is a much better businessman than to tick off 51% of his customers. He still hasn't forgotten how poorly ABB sold in large part because of the contrived Neocon controversy.
January 25th, 2006 03:25 PM
pdog This isn't the 60's... If you want controversy look for musicians in their 20's...
January 25th, 2006 04:06 PM
Saint Sway I hope they do something shocking - like if they DIDN'T play RFD. That would be a pleasant shock.
January 25th, 2006 04:08 PM
CraigP If the Stones pull of a tight performance of a good selection of songs, that will be just fine with me at least!
January 25th, 2006 04:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I hope they do something shocking - like if they DIDN'T play RFD. That would be a pleasant shock.

Actually , to the billions of uninitiated Stones' fans out in Television Land --- RFD " IS " the shocker !!!!

January 25th, 2006 04:32 PM
West 8 Can someone explain the RFD bashing. It would be the Stones circa 2006 playing a great new song from their newest cd. Would you rather they just play 30 year old hits ??
January 25th, 2006 04:33 PM
Joey
quote:
West 8 wrote:
Would you rather they just play 30 year old hits ??

Is this a trick question ?!?!?!

Come Here ...........................!!!!!!!!!

Snaggle Puss !
January 25th, 2006 04:36 PM
stonesmachine Just want them to play something they know
January 25th, 2006 04:37 PM
Joey
quote:
stonesmachine wrote:
Just want them to play something they know

I would like to nuzzle you
January 25th, 2006 05:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Can someone explain the RFD bashing. It would be the Stones circa 2006 playing a great new song from their newest cd. Would you rather they just play 30 year old hits ??<

Well some of us don't see that song as "great". In fact, I for one think it sucks, and it bores me to tears.

Would I rather that they play a 30 year old hit? Yes. At least they will probably remember how to play it right. And most of the non-Stones fan viewership(during the SB, that will be MOST of the viewership)will maybe at least have a chance at recognizing the song and enjoying it.

The last time RFD was aired on live TV(the AMA Awards), it was a trainwreck. I, for one, do not wany the band to embarrass themselves in front of BILLIONS of people. This is NOT the time to try out new stuff...it's time to play 5 warhorses, nail 'em hard, and get out of Dodge with dignity intact.

IMO, anyhow.
January 25th, 2006 05:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
This is NOT the time to try out new stuff...it's time to play 5 warhorses, nail 'em hard, and get out of Dodge with dignity intact.

word.

play:
SMU
Rough Justice
Gimme Shelter!!!! (and floor everyone!!)
YCAGWYW
dedicate Brown Sugar to Janet Jackson. Rock it hard and go home.
January 25th, 2006 05:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

The last time RFD was aired on live TV(the AMA Awards), it was a trainwreck. I, for one, do not wany the band to embarrass themselves in front of BILLIONS of people. This is NOT the time to try out new stuff...it's time to play 5 warhorses, nail 'em hard, and get out of Dodge with dignity intact.

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and sweetly and oh so gently stroke your young , sweaty , moist , glistening , GLISTENING SS Forehead and just say , with your eyes looking up at me all ' Bambi Like ' .......... " Thanks " ................ for being ....... well ..... you's !

Snazzy !
January 25th, 2006 05:25 PM
Altamont They only have 12 minutes so it will probably be 3 songs.
January 25th, 2006 05:34 PM
Joey
quote:
Altamont wrote:
They only have 12 minutes so it will probably be Four songs.

Agreed

Jumping Jack
Paint it Black
Beast of Burden
Satisfaction
January 25th, 2006 05:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
bez85 wrote:
Should the stones do something controversial on thi s worl stage? something harmless like MIck saying th e ROlling STONES are more popular than DUBBYA . I personally would like to see the STONES in the headlines for a couple weeks when was rthe las time they were controversial?

if they want to do something controversial, what better than deciding at the last minute to NOT turn up, and just leave the NFL and sponsors in the lurch....

I think that would be fucking hilarious, personally....
January 25th, 2006 06:03 PM
gimmekeef And leave about 5 mill on the table?....not likely...There gonna play:

Jumpin Jack Flash
RFD
Satisfaction..or Honky Tonk

Bet the farm!
January 25th, 2006 06:08 PM
Some Guy Bust out the best 12 minute Midnight Rambler they got!
January 25th, 2006 06:35 PM
Soldatti I only beg for no new songs, a full medley of warhorses will be the best thing to do here.
January 25th, 2006 07:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
And leave about 5 mill on the table?....not likely...There gonna play:

Jumpin Jack Flash
RFD
Satisfaction..or Honky Tonk

Bet the farm!

Christ, I never said it was LIKELY. As far as the Stones go, we all know money dictates everything
January 25th, 2006 07:24 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck
quote:
pdog wrote:
This isn't the 60's... If you want controversy look for musicians in their 20's...

...'Fer instance? Gangta Rappers don't count as they are obvious.

As for the Super Bowl,SMU will be played regardless of what anyone says.I am totally sports ignorant but I do know that SMU is a staple at sports events alongside 'We are the champions" and 'Rock and Roll Pt 1'(or is it pt2?)
Expect Jagger to pull a Sullivan/LSTNT mumble "You make a dead man MMM-MM"

Satisfaction is also a given,albeit a version with a 'Soulful'middle and with the 'Mustang Sally' bit thrown in for cred.

Forget BS..singing about slaves in NEW ORLEANS!! and Black girls who taste good and should and would etc., wouldn't really go down well live from Detroit.

JJF is aso a probable given
[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]
January 25th, 2006 10:40 PM
deuce Their playing Start Me Up on the B-stage all of a sudden, I think because maybe they want to see how it works out on a smaller stage.
Their also playing Ain't Too Proud To Beg all of a sudden. Since "Beg" is a Motown song and the superbowl is in Motown this year, I think that one's a strong possibility.

Start Me Up
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Satisfaction

My guess
[Edited by deuce]
January 25th, 2006 10:48 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Bush Bashers will be sadly disappointed in this performance. Mick is a much better businessman than to tick off 51% of his customers. He still hasn't forgotten how poorly ABB sold in large part because of the contrived Neocon controversy.

What makes you think 51% of the Stones' "customers" are Bush Leaguers? Even assuming that 51% of voters supported Bush, that does not mean that the American population does, since only about half of the population votes and that half is dispoportionately older and richer than average. And Republicans include a large segment of right wing evangelical Christians who would consider listening to a band that recorded "Sympathy for the Devil" to be tantamount to attending a Satanic mass. Face it, reactionaries are a tiny minority of Stones fans; all six of them just happen to post on this board.
January 25th, 2006 10:51 PM
glencar That's what I said at the MSG concert the other day: SMU on the small stage? Superbowl plans! Heartbreaker is being played in the ABC ads for the Superbowl.
January 25th, 2006 10:55 PM
West 8 If you don't want to hear RFD because you don't like that's one thing,but they are not messing this one up live. Can't speak for the TV spot since I dident see it . I did see it in Philly,Boston & NY and it kicked ass.
January 25th, 2006 10:57 PM
glencar It was certainly well done/done well the 2 shows at MSG.
January 25th, 2006 10:59 PM
monkeyman62
quote:
CraigP wrote:
If the Stones pull of a tight performance of a good selection of songs, that will be just fine with me at least!

RIGHT ON BROTHER
January 25th, 2006 11:01 PM
Altamont It was played well when I saw it live too.
January 25th, 2006 11:02 PM
chevysales
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Can someone explain the RFD bashing. It would be the Stones circa 2006 playing a great new song from their newest cd. Would you rather they just play 30 year old hits ??<

Well some of us don't see that song as "great". In fact, I for one think it sucks, and it bores me to tears.

Would I rather that they play a 30 year old hit? Yes. At least they will probably remember how to play it right. And most of the non-Stones fan viewership(during the SB, that will be MOST of the viewership)will maybe at least have a chance at recognizing the song and enjoying it.

IMO, anyhow.

5 songs? i doubt it... 3 max
January 25th, 2006 11:06 PM
monkeyman62 setlist should be
SOUL SURVIVOR
MONKEYMAN
LITTLE T&A,no chance of this, it will be more like
START ME UP
ROUGH JUSTICE
BROWN SUGAR, BUMMER but what can you do, its a casual fan world
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)