ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PRIMITIVE COOL!! Return to archive
January 24th, 2006 07:10 AM
bon jovi I LOVE this album

January 24th, 2006 02:28 PM
texile surley you jest,

although i do like kow tow.
January 24th, 2006 02:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh I believe it.

What else would you expect from someone with "bon jovi" as a handle?
January 24th, 2006 03:03 PM
Jair
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh I believe it.

Actually is a very nice album.

My vote, though, goes to 'Say You Will' & Lets Work.

It seems you're the owner of the reason, huh?

How much did you pay for it?

Where you bought it, there is more?

[Edited by Jair]
January 24th, 2006 05:18 PM
BILL PERKS party doll is a fantastic song
January 24th, 2006 06:34 PM
Soldatti Good songs on it (Throwaway, Say You Will, PC, Kow Tow, Party Doll) but the production is horrible.
January 24th, 2006 08:52 PM
texile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh I believe it.

that's true.....lol.
i forgot about party doll - some female country singer did that....it was the only way my cousin appreciated a jagger song.
January 24th, 2006 09:05 PM
Gazza Party Doll IS indeed a very underrated song. Theres s couple of good tunes on it but for the most part its the worst of all Jagger's albums by some distance

The two songs about Keith (Kow Tow and Shoot off your mouth) are weak, as is the title track and the least said about Lets Work the better. At the time, it sounded like a recruitment ad for the Conservative party and the promo video for it as well as the memory of Jagger lip-synching on Top of The Pops to it still gives me sleepless nights

Trust me, had the internet been around at the time, THAT would have been a visual humiliation that would have made the 'Salt Lake City Incident' look like 'Ladies & Gentlemen' by comparison

Thankfully, the album stiffed and Mr Solo Artist crawled back to his bandmates with his tail between his legs and decided that the best way of prolonging his career into middle age was to be a Rolling Stone most of the time again...
[Edited by Gazza]
January 24th, 2006 09:13 PM
CraigP Let's Work sounds like it should have been released in 1985 or before. Better yet, never.
[Edited by CraigP]
January 24th, 2006 10:23 PM
Soldatti That tongue on the back cover and CD is an insult to the Stones.
January 24th, 2006 11:08 PM
glencar I like what Soldatti likes but yes, this is hands down the worst of any solo Stones material.
January 24th, 2006 11:08 PM
glencar BTW Mary Chapin Carpenter is the female country woman who sang "Party Doll."
January 25th, 2006 01:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thankfully, the album stiffed and Mr Solo Artist crawled back to his bandmates with his tail between his legs and decided that the best way of prolonging his career into middle age was to be a Rolling Stone most of the time again...

now you wanna roll the dice
you already crapped out twice

ahhhhhh ahh ahhhh ahhh
ahhhhhh ahh ahhh ahhh ahhh

you dont move me anymore
January 25th, 2006 02:02 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

now you wanna roll the dice
you already crapped out twice

ahhhhhh ahh ahhhh ahhh
ahhhhhh ahh ahhh ahhh ahhh

you dont move me anymore

well YES...
but to be fair, jagger tan released what was than and STILL the best stones-related material of the last 25 years - wandering spirit and that ALL mick....
January 25th, 2006 02:16 PM
Saint Sway I agree that Wandering Spirits was good. I enjoy it. Its fun and theres a few REALLY GOOD songs on it - Evening Gown, Wired..

but Talk Is Cheap & Main Offender are 10's!!! Excellent records. Sound more Stones than Stones these days.

somewhere between a combo of Wandering and the Wino albums is the bonafide great Stones album that we are all still waiting for.
January 25th, 2006 02:48 PM
Ihavelotsajam I think Main Offender is overrated among Stones fans beyond belief. Actually, that's not unbelievable at all, but the album ain't that good.
January 25th, 2006 04:43 PM
West 8 Actually I think Party Doll is more about keith than Shoot Off your Mouth , Kow Tow I love
"but if you think of me think something sweet of me"
January 25th, 2006 04:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
West 8 wrote:
Actually I think Party Doll is more about keith than Shoot Off your Mouth , Kow Tow I love
"but if you think of me think something sweet of me"

I thought as soon as I heard that album that quite a few songs could be subliminally about Keith as well as SOYM and Kow Tow, which are more directly obvious.

Party Doll was one and Throwaway another. Mick and keith have a habit of writing songs which appear to be about men/women relationships which also have an undercurrent regarding their own relationship - Worried About You, Sweethearts Together and All About You to name but three.
January 25th, 2006 05:03 PM
The Wick Kow Tow and Party Doll are great, but the production is horrific, even on those songs. He has a nasty habit of wrecking good songs with dreadful production. Even Wandering Spirit, could have been better, and it's already great, if he had let Rick Rubin take it the way he wanted to. Although, I thought he hit the mark on the production for Sweet Thing. The problem is that he tries to apply that style of production to every other song.
January 25th, 2006 06:21 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I agree that Wandering Spirits was good. I enjoy it. Its fun and theres a few REALLY GOOD songs on it - Evening Gown, Wired..

but Talk Is Cheap & Main Offender are 10's!!! Excellent records. Sound more Stones than Stones these days.

somewhere between a combo of Wandering and the Wino albums is the bonafide great Stones album that we are all still waiting for.

while i love main offender and talk is cheap and listened to them more than any other stones at that time -
they were essentially GROOVES - great ones....
but wandering spirit has SONGS.
January 25th, 2006 06:25 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I thought as soon as I heard that album that quite a few songs could be subliminally about Keith as well as SOYM and Kow Tow, which are more directly obvious.

Party Doll was one and Throwaway another. Mick and keith have a habit of writing songs which appear to be about men/women relationships which also have an undercurrent regarding their own relationship - Worried About You, Sweethearts Together and All About You to name but three.

never thought of it that way but i know the theory....
for me, all about you is pure anita while worried about you is pure bianca...which makes them all the more endearing and painful...
mick and keith love and hate each other to be sure - but i believe jagger is driven by more romantic compulsions.....
but then again, we'll never know....aqnd that's part of the fun.
January 25th, 2006 07:09 PM
Gazza well..regarding Worried About You I was actually told that story by someone who knew Keith personally and I presume they got it from him.

Mick and Keith - like many songwriters - use composite characters in their lyrics, so a song that could sound like it's written about one individual could often be from various experiences theyve had with different characters
January 25th, 2006 08:08 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well..regarding Worried About You I was actually told that story by someone who knew Keith personally and I presume they got it from him.

Mick and Keith - like many songwriters - use composite characters in their lyrics, so a song that could sound like it's written about one individual could often be from various experiences theyve had with different characters

keith thinks they're all about him.....
sorry gazza - the glimmer twins singing forlorn love songs to each other kills the vibe for me....lol
'all those sweet thangs that you promised me..'
that keith - what a careless bitch..
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)