ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guess who is going to introduce the Stones in Argentina? Return to archive
January 23rd, 2006 08:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, no joke but Diego Armando Maradona will do it!

( Thanks SeNdEr @ BdP http://rocksoff.org/foro )
January 23rd, 2006 08:54 PM
J.J.Flash Oddly enough, I was talking about him, in my "appeal" some minutes ago... see here http://www.novogate.com/board/968/220197-1.html
January 23rd, 2006 08:58 PM
Soldatti I remember when he didn't want to meet the Stones in 1995, now he changed a lot, he got cleaned of drugs recently and he's more better now, physically and mentally.
January 23rd, 2006 09:31 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I remember when he didn't want to meet the Stones in 1995, now he changed a lot, he got cleaned of drugs recently and he's more better now, physically and mentally.

Soldatti fellow, could you please answer my POST. Thank you very much!
January 23rd, 2006 09:54 PM
didoengland4 stones will have unhappy fans at home if that is true
January 23rd, 2006 10:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Because "The hand of God" aka "La mano divina" when Maradona scored against England here in México in the quarterfinals of the World Cup 1986

LOL (I saw that one)

Maradona celebrates with the fans and the World Cup trophy. The Azteca Stadium still packed with 115.000 spectators even though the game was over a long time ago.
January 23rd, 2006 10:43 PM
corgi37 Maradona could teach Jagger a thing or two about beautiful women. Instead of the horse faced variety Mick prefers.

Maradona could probably out-party Keith as well!
January 23rd, 2006 11:09 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Soldatti fellow, could you please answer my POST. Thank you very much!

Sadly brother, I don't have any extra ticket available. I'm still paying my two tickets in 6 parts.
January 23rd, 2006 11:27 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Maradona thinks that keith will score him some primo coke.
January 23rd, 2006 11:49 PM
The Eggman ?

-courts. of www.colinfarrellfansite.com
[Edited by The Eggman]
[Edited by The Eggman]
January 24th, 2006 02:20 AM
bon jovi He is a big fan of Fidel Castro, "Che" Guevera, and OBL.
Didn´t you see him on TV shortly after WTC attack?I did. He was wearing a towel on his head,laughing and chanting "Oooo-ssaaa-maaa, Ooo-ssaaaaa-maaaa".

http://www.diarioepoca.com/2005/07/...es/maradona.php

Maradona se había disfrazado de Bin Laden para visitar a Menem preso
Diego Armando Maradona se disfrazó de Osama Bin Laden para visitar al ex presidente Carlos Saúl Menem, cuando estaba preso, en el año 2001, según confirmó el ex mandatario argentino en una entrevista.

Los detalles del encuentro Maradona-Menem fueron revelados en una nota al ex mandatario y actual candidato a senador por La Rioja que publica hoy la agencia alemana DPA.
Cuando se le preguntó si sigue siendo amigo del ex capitán de la seleccionado argentino de fútbol, Menem contestó que aún es "muy amigo...muy amigo".
Y agregó: "Es uno de los hombres que se jugó y me fue a visitar a Don Torcuato, donde me tenían preso", dijo, referiendose a la localidad bonaerense donde cumplió prisión domiciliaria, entre junio y noviembre de 2001, acusado por el juez Jorge Urso de estar vinculado con la ilegal venta de armas a Croacia y Ecuador.
Pero en tren de confidencias, Menem detalló: "Lo lindo del caso es que (Maradona) fue vestido de Bin Laden". "Cuando lo vieron los policías no sabían qué hacer. ¡Fue vestido de Bin Laden!", remarcó.
La reunión fue poco después de los atentados a las Torres Gemelas en Nueva York y poco antes de que estallara la crisis social, política y económica que terminó por derrumbar al entonces presidente Fernando de la Rúa y provocó revueltas y saqueos.
"Me visitaron muchos como ("Locomotora") Castro, el boxeador que ahora lamentablemente está mal, Hugo Gatti, (Carlos) Navarro Montoya, un montón de deportistas y de artistas", le afirmó a la DPA.
Menem explicó que la amistad se mantiene a pesar de que Diego no oculta su admiración por el presidente cubano, Fidel Castro, y por el presidente de Venezuela, Hugo Chávez, que están en el otro extremo ideológico suyo.
"Ah bueno...por supuesto...", dice, cuando se le menciona ese detalle. Y agrega: "Pero ojo que él es muy afín a Fidel, que lo tuvo ahí, lo atendió y lo ayudó, pero yo, más allá de nuestras diferencias, también soy amigo de Castro", comentó.

January 24th, 2006 07:42 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Sadly brother, I don't have any extra ticket available. I'm still paying my two tickets in 6 parts.

I appreciate your attention and hope you enjoy and could have the best time of your life being lucky to witness such great concert.

Unfortunately, I won't. That's sad.
January 24th, 2006 08:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
The Eggman wrote:
?

-courts. of www.colinfarrellfansite.com
[Edited by The Eggman]
[Edited by The Eggman]

Hi Eggman, great to see you back. Your image does not show up if you want send it to me and I will edit your post
January 24th, 2006 10:25 AM
voodoopug This is humiliating....
January 24th, 2006 10:50 AM
Jair fuckin' decadence, huh?

Maradona is too fussy - sorry to say that my Argentinean brothers, but we know him enough...He could announce, lets say..Garth Brooks, but the Stones? I cant believe it!!!

Probably he gets beautiful women just because pays for them.
Or because they wanna his money -- If he still didn't sniff it all.

And come on, be a fan of Osama or Fidel is even more ridiculous -- nuthin funny at all...

Wake up, please, Mick!!!

You asshole, "bunda mole", "cuzao"!!!

January 24th, 2006 04:07 PM
The Eggman Great to be back!...

THANKS!

heres a pic of found of Maradona!
January 24th, 2006 09:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Because "The hand of God" aka "La mano divina" when Maradona scored against England here in México in the quarterfinals of the World Cup 1986

LOL (I saw that one)

everyone in the world saw it but the referee, it seemed

To be fair, the goal that the cheating little c**t scored about 5 minutes later was quite possibly the greatest goal of all time. If ever one goal deserved to be counted as two it was that one.
January 24th, 2006 10:11 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

everyone in the world saw it but the referee, it seemed

To be fair, the goal that the cheating little c**t scored about 5 minutes later was quite possibly the greatest goal of all time. If ever one goal deserved to be counted as two it was that one.

That 2nd goal was a far cry from the goal he scored at USA 94, when his goal celebration showed he was clearly coked up.

So, are you expecting Wembley to eclipse MSG Gazza,
January 25th, 2006 10:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

So, are you expecting Wembley to eclipse MSG Gazza,

yes and no

I prefer New York as a city to London
I prefer indoor shows to outdoor shows
I think the NY 'summit' will be hard to top

However

Seeing the Stones at the new stadium will be something special
and
I have 5th row centre tickets for the 2nd night. (I have decent ones for show #1 but I reckon I'll get something really good before showtime)

The Garden is historically the most 'special' arena to see the Stones in, but Wembley is the most 'special' stadium.

and this will be the greatest stadium in the world, too.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 25th, 2006 10:43 AM
speedfreakjive [quote] (I have decent ones for show #1 but I reckon I'll get something really good before showtime)[unquote]

do you mean from a tout? wouldn't this by very expensive?
I'm in the tier for the second show, at first I thought this to be disadvantageous, but now i'm hoping the elevation will be a good thing, but then again i don't know how high up I am.

January 25th, 2006 11:08 AM
Gazza e-bay

Due to a fuck up on rs.com's part, I was offered nothing decent on the presale for Wembley #1 and I dont want to pay £150 for Blocks B or C on the pitch or for lower level seats because I dont think theyre worth it

I got two good £90 seats on e-bay for £20 below face, which is quite unusual as most sellers are asking a lot for ok and mediocre seats and astronomical amounts for really good ones.

I'm not that bothered, because at least I'm IN and have decent seats, but near the day of the show there will be a few people desperate to get rid of their extras for around face value.

I've set myself a £100 ceiling for European tickets and so far Ive got 4th row centre for Glasgow for £60, 5th row for Wembley #2 for £60 (£85 after TM & RS.COm fees), £65 for a good pair of seats in Nice and £90 + charges for Front of stage in Berlin. Just takes some patience and planning.

I'll go to £150 for Block A for Wembley #1 but if I've no luck, no harm done.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)