ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fan Club DVD Return to archive
January 23rd, 2006 08:25 PM
chris girard Got my fan club DVD today. The section about Charlie is just great. Nice stuff from the last tour and a couple of vintage pieces. Nice surprise in the mail.

January 23rd, 2006 09:18 PM
kath yah, see??? isn't it funny to see charlie "wigglin'"????
January 23rd, 2006 09:40 PM
Mottrush
Got mine in the mail yesterday too! Loved the sections with Keith and Charlie!

That's two surprises from RS.com in a fortnight, first the poster now the DVD. Hope they're not softening the blow for a NO Tour Announcement for us Aussies!!!

Cheers,

Mottrush
January 23rd, 2006 10:16 PM
Steel Wheels It's a great treat to open a package from the Stones. I liked Charlie dancing, keef on a cell phone!!!! and Mick's harmonica collection.
January 24th, 2006 06:13 AM
exile Indeed. Just got mine a week ago. great stuff. the poster is ok too.
January 24th, 2006 03:22 PM
Honky Tonk Man
Could anyone give a run down of what exactly is on the disc? I understand it has a clip of The Stones with John Lee Hooker at the Atlantic City gig in '89, but what else is on there?
January 24th, 2006 11:17 PM
glencar I just got mine in today's mail. Yesterday I got the poster. That'll go straight to the ski house because it's good for covering up ugly walls but not much else...
January 25th, 2006 03:05 AM
UGot2Rollme HT Man,
It's mostly documentary stuff - interviews and scenes from India and Hong Kong, some I already saw on rs.com (like Woodie buying silk suits with his sons). Charlie wiggling away is the highlight, but also Keith's "rain stick" ritual is pretty cool. Very up close and personal view.

The only complete live tracks are:

Midnight Rambler from Bangalore (in the rain, pretty cool)
Angie from Hong Kong
and the JL Hooker tune (lowpoint) with Clapton also playing guitar (no Mick)

comes in a tin CD holder with tongue logo - nice packaging, but mine arrived severely dented...

Overall, it's a nice addition to any true fan's collection.
January 25th, 2006 08:54 AM
gimmekeef Its actually better than what I was expecting...The Rambler in the Rain is the highlight for me...
January 25th, 2006 08:59 AM
Gazza It's still nothing that couldnt have been sent out 18 months earlier when it should have been, though...

Its nice to watch, but nothing remarkable and the live clips just seem randomly thrown together - an archive section with 2 live songs from the same tour that the DVD is covering is hardly an 'archive' by any definistion and the one genuine 'archive' is the Hooker track - hardly an inspired choice considering whats in the vaults - and my copy sticks for about a minute on it!
January 25th, 2006 08:59 AM
Jumping Jack 90% recycled footage that's been in trading circles for many years. Not much new or unique.

The tin is handy though!
January 25th, 2006 09:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I received the poster only. How long does it takes between the date of the poster and the DVD?
January 25th, 2006 09:08 AM
gimmekeef Voodoo mine came same day..but it seems others had a 2-3 day wait..so yours should be very soon!
January 25th, 2006 09:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I received the poster only. How long does it takes between the date of the poster and the DVD?

mine arrived a few days apart..most people's seem to be around the same time

I assume this package is for the membership I took out after the tour was announced in May.

I have two other memberships since then which were taken out in November/December 2005 so I suppose I should expect another pair of DVDs and posters around the time of the UK dates!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)