ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sway vs WAY Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 23rd, 2006 06:16 PM
West 8 I seen the Wednesday show with WAY but not Friday's with Sway. If I knew in advance the setlist for each show ,I would still have choosen Wednesday's gig. There was so much talk about Sway for this tour(like there was for CYHMK for the Licks tour ) that you almost forget about other songs that might surprise you. For one thing it was an even bigger surprise for me. When did they even rehearse this one ?
and Mick's voice was right on the money. I wonder what most people think who saw them both nigths??
January 23rd, 2006 07:37 PM
LSTNT They are both awesome songs, but my preference from the two shows was WAY, maybe just because it was such a surprise. SWAY was very nice, but I guess we were expecting it.
January 23rd, 2006 07:58 PM
Riffhard You bring up a very interesting point. I gotta tell ya there was something very special about seeing Sway as anyone who was there will tell you,but for my money Worried About You was equally special. Yes I know,they have done it before,and the sheer rarity of Sway should naturally be taken into account. However,there is just something so cool about Jagger getting a crowd to go nuts for an obscure song from side 2 of Tattoo You. Obviously it's not obscure to the likes of us,but to see the average fan get so pumped up about that tune was really a great moment.

Having said all that,Sway was unbelieveable just for it's shock value. This is a song that I thought I would never have the pleasure of seeing performed live. However,as crazy as it may sound,I was somewhat letdown by the time they actually played it. Why,you ask? Well,I guess because it was not really a shocker at all. The word on the street was that they were gonna pull it out so it did not really shock me as much as I thought it would. I must say that I think they did a great job of it though. Ronnie handled the solo fine. Mind you he is not in the same league as a young Mick Taylor was when they first layed the song down,but Ronnie played it fine. Jagger was in fine voice,but I felt that the phrasing of the song was not quite there. It was a much better version then the Columbus version though. Ironically this is the same reason that I have never really liked Rocks Off live. I have always felt that the phrasing was wrong. Not so at the Garden this time around. Rocks Off was another true highlight this time around. Jagger nailed it! Much better than the versions I had heard during the Voodoo Lounge Tour of '94.

Bottom line. Both songs were done very well,but I am a sucker for Mick's fallsetto on WAY. When he was screaming "Baaaayyybeee!" the air on the back of my neck stood up!

All in all,it was two of the best back to back shows I have ever seen and both Sway,and Worried About You were contributing factors for that.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
January 23rd, 2006 08:03 PM
Jumping Jack I'd rather hear Jigsaw Puzzle or Dear Doctor than Way or Sway, but that's just me.
January 23rd, 2006 10:53 PM
keefjunkie if the stones never play jig saw puzzle live they are blowing it big time
January 24th, 2006 09:48 AM
Jumping Jack My sources tell me JP will be played in Atlanta on 2/8!!!
January 24th, 2006 10:04 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me JP will be played in Atlanta on 2/8!!!

I sure hope so JJ!..Imagine 20,000.grandma's waving their hankies (or panties!) in the air!.....Oh and the rest of us too!
January 24th, 2006 10:11 AM
Maxlugar The best part about seeing Sway live at MSG was seeing it with my buddy Riffy standing right next to me.

Awwwww, Maxy!

January 24th, 2006 10:24 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me JP will be played in Atlanta on 2/8!!!

My sources tell me " Winter " will be played in the O! this Sunday .

See everybody there .........

Snuggle to the Joe !
January 24th, 2006 11:12 AM
Jumping Jack It's all about the O!!!
January 24th, 2006 12:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
It's all about the O!!!

Come to Joey ..........................

January 24th, 2006 12:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
It's all about the O!!!

F.O.O.

Flying Over Omaha!!!
January 24th, 2006 03:48 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

F.O.O.

Flying Over Omaha!!!

You shall NOT be greeted !!!!
January 24th, 2006 11:54 PM
glencar I too choose WAY only because of the immense surprise. Hell, I even dug Love Is Strong that first night. What a nice pick! Surely these were the 2 best shows in a row in several deacdes if that makes a scintilla of sense...
January 25th, 2006 10:42 AM
gimmekeef A scintilla?.......wow......lol.....I'll take big words Alex for $500......lmao....
January 25th, 2006 11:28 AM
throbby I really dug Sway. I thought it went over quite well.
January 25th, 2006 11:48 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
The best part about seeing Sway live at MSG was seeing it with my buddy Riffy standing right next to me.

Awwwww, Maxy!

Maxy ?!?!

January 25th, 2006 01:36 PM
Maxlugar Cafe Hostess Jill????

January 25th, 2006 01:42 PM
pdog I'm an idiot and I like white chicks.
Now get movin' so I can get lots of hot white chicks!
Keep it real ya'll, peace out ma haters!
Playas in The Haunted HOUZE!!!! Yo yo yo!
Bitches & Money !!!
January 25th, 2006 02:04 PM
Saint Sway Interesting thread! This is a great question. 2 completely different songs. But also my #1 & #3 all-time favs.

these 2 were #1 & #2 on my Wish List of songs I havent seen live. To get them both at MSG was a dream come true.

ever since I started getting the Licks boots I've been dying to hear WAY. Mick gives his best performance on that. Just amazing how he can take an unknown song and have a room rocking by the end of it. His falsetto baaaaaaaaby's are the best. I scream right along with it.

if I had to pick one - I'd still go with Sway. Its just the ultimate Holy Grail of songs for die-hard fans. Think about it. Only 2 audiences have EVER seen the Stones perform what is arguably one of thier greatest - and easily one of their coolest songs ever. Thats pretty special. And I'm very grateful to of been there for it.

January 25th, 2006 02:09 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Cafe Hostess Jill????

Maxy ?!?!

***** Young Joeykins literally bursts out laughing here at the office and has his colleagues wondering what is so Friggin Funny *****

Sniggles
January 25th, 2006 03:22 PM
Maxlugar Joey????

January 25th, 2006 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Joey????

Maxy ?!?!

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK }

" Off the Facade Ronnie ! "

JACKY CAKES ! ®
January 25th, 2006 06:22 PM
Maxlugar Joey????

January 26th, 2006 11:16 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
Maxy ?!?!

Joey swings...he misses....again.

January 26th, 2006 11:53 AM
Joey Maxy ?!?!

January 26th, 2006 01:14 PM
Maxlugar Joey.

January 26th, 2006 01:50 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Joey.

Maxy ?!?!

Springtime for Hitler"
from Mel Brooks' The Producers

Germany was having trouble, what a sad, sad story
Needed a new leader to restore its former glory
Where oh where was he? Where could that man be?
We looked around, and then we found, the man for you and me,
And now it's ...

Springtime for Hitler and Germany,
Deutschland is happy and gay.
We're marching to a faster pace,
Look out, here comes the master race.

Winter for Poland and France.
Come on, Germans, go into your dance ...

I was born in Dusseldorf, and that is why they call me Rolf.
Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party.

Springtime for Hitler and Germany
(Gun fires twice)
Goose-step's the new step today
(Machine gun fires)
Bombs falling from the skies again,
(Bomb falls and explodes)
Deutschland is on the rise again

U-boats are sailing once more
[woman's voice]: "Well! Talk about bad taste!"
Means ... that ... soon we'll be going ...
We've got to be going ...
You know we'll be going to ... WAR!

http://www.wilder.narod.ru/thumbprod/lyrics_songs/sprsong.html

[ Edited by ss ]

[Edited by Joey]
January 26th, 2006 01:53 PM
Riffhard Joey?

Riffy
January 26th, 2006 02:03 PM
Joey

Maxy ?!?! ...... Riffy ?!?! ....... Nanky ?!?!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)