ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: paging Factory Girl Return to archive
January 19th, 2006 03:01 PM
Saint Sway saw your boy Pete Doherty last nite!
January 19th, 2006 03:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
saw your boy Pete Doherty last nite!

Where abouts?

He's back in court again next month for cocaine and heroin possession.
January 19th, 2006 03:27 PM
Scot Rocks Babyshambles are playing The Barrowlands next friday, no way im going though. Probably wont turn up anyway and it will be full of little Pete lovers who love the tabliod Junkie lifetsyle and boyfriend of Kate Moss...Hopefully one day he will be known for his music again, instead of this circus.
January 19th, 2006 03:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Where abouts?

he was backstage at MSG last night with Kate Moss. Either he's a fan of our boys or he was just tagging along with Kate. I'd like to think that hes a fan. But who knows.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
January 19th, 2006 04:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

he was backstage at MSG last night with Kate Moss. Either he's a fan of our boys or he was just tagging along with Kate. I'd like to think that hes a fan. But who knows.
[Edited by Saint Sway]

I don't think that was Pete Doherty. He's currently on bail and there’s no way he'd be able to leave the country. Apparently Kate Moss has a new boyfriend now and gasp... he looks like a rock star too!

Gazza saw him at the Ronnie gig in London last year. He asked Doherty for a photo, but he denied who he was!
January 19th, 2006 04:16 PM
Saint Sway I'm sure he gets around. It was him. She cant be dating a guy that looks just like him and wears the same stupid hat.
January 19th, 2006 04:18 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Babyshambles are playing The Barrowlands next friday, no way im going though. Probably wont turn up anyway and it will be full of little Pete lovers who love the tabliod Junkie lifetsyle and boyfriend of Kate Moss...Hopefully one day he will be known for his music again, instead of this circus.

Hi Mark, yeah you’re best of out of it! I saw Babyshambles at the Brixton Academy last October or November and I didn't enjoy it much. I think they were okay, but the crowd was far to manic for my liking. One minute I was just standing there, the next I'm getting pushed forward, backwards and all over the place. Some enjoy this, but I don't. I stacked it about five times and when I started to become breathless, well that was it for me!

Next gig for me is Graham Coxon. I'm looking forward to that a lot more.
January 19th, 2006 04:23 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm sure he gets around. It was him. She cant be dating a guy that looks just like him and wears the same stupid hat.

Yes she can! Everyone is wearing those daft trilby hats now. Even dicks like Jude Law are donning the look. She's supposedly dating some posh 20 year-old and he looks like a Doherty wannabe type.

I very much doubt it was Pete Doherty. Like I said, he's on bail and I somehow doubt he's in any position to skip it. The guys every move is watched. He's a proper Z list celebrity these days.
January 19th, 2006 04:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

She's supposedly dating some posh 20 year-old and he looks like a Doherty wannabe type.

bingo! That must of been who was with her.

too funny.

she can definately do better than either of them.
January 19th, 2006 05:40 PM
Joey
THE LIFE OF A BACHELOR

" While Robin was doing the news, Howard got into a discussion of what his love life was like immediately following his divorce. Howard explained that, because he had to get up so early on weekdays, he used to make Ralph accompany him to clubs long before most people would go out. Howard then recalled that during one such excursion, he began talking to an aspiring model who was more than willing to go home with him. However, Howard reported that as he and the girl were leaving the club, she called one of the club’s bouncers the n-word to his face, and then continued to yell the word as loudly as she could. Howard said that what scared him the most about the incident was that, since the bouncer wouldn’t hit the girl for her remarks, he figured he’d come after him instead. Given this, Howard jumped into a cab in an effort to get away, only to have the girl jump in the cab with him. Fortunately he was able to drop her off quickly and hasn’t heard from her since.

OUT OF HIS SYSTEM

Artie remembered that he found out about Howard’s divorce from a “Saturday Night Live” sketch and that he and his friends instantly began trying to calculate how many women Howard had seen since his marriage ended. Howard replied that getting divorced was like being let out of jail for him sexually, because the only woman with whom he had been since he was 19 was Alison. Howard then said that he turned down every temptation that came his way while he was married, but that he went on a bit of a wild streak until Beth came into his life. When Ralph suggested that Howard come up with a list of the women he dated during the time between his divorce and the start of his relationship with Beth, Howard told him he wanted to drop the subject.

TODAY’S SHOW COMPANION

• Howard pointed out that nothing is slowing down the ratings for “American Idol.” "

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.php

January 19th, 2006 06:04 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Next gig for me is Graham Coxon. I'm looking forward to that a lot more.

Hi Alex

I love Blur but never heard what Coxon did in solo.
How interesting does it sound??
I m sure it will be a great show.
Oh, and about Doherty, I ve written to the french magazine Rock n Folk to say "stop your incessant dohertymania, your magazine looks like a teeny paper right now" and they replied "go and buy a hunting magazine" LOL.
I ve caught the dead 60's, not that bat but really sounds like the new Smash Mouth IMHO.

cheers to brit RO army!!
jU
January 20th, 2006 01:46 PM
Factory Girl Hey Saint Sway and all my friends,

Thanks for the heads up on the Petey sighting.

I think Pete is the best Kate can do. He is a mess, but is truly talented. Kate is a mess too, but a very stylish mess.

My next gigs- Stones (2/1) & BRMC (2/20)
January 24th, 2006 12:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hi Alex

I love Blur but never heard what Coxon did in solo.
How interesting does it sound??
I m sure it will be a great show.
Oh, and about Doherty, I ve written to the french magazine Rock n Folk to say "stop your incessant dohertymania, your magazine looks like a teeny paper right now" and they replied "go and buy a hunting magazine" LOL.
I ve caught the dead 60's, not that bat but really sounds like the new Smash Mouth IMHO.

cheers to brit RO army!!
jU

If you want to check out Graham Coxon's solo work, I'd recommend Happiness In Magazines. I think he has a new album coming out soon, but this is the one that caught my attention. It's a very rock 'n roll sounding release and not unlike some of the more Coxon influenced Blur stuff like Song 2 and Coffee And TV. It's all very different to Damon Albarns non-Blur ventures. Grahams solo output is all scratchy guitars, drums and bass. None of this "Windmill, windmill in the sky" or "I've got sunshine in a bag" Gorillaz nonsense

January 24th, 2006 12:29 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey Saint Sway and all my friends,

Thanks for the heads up on the Petey sighting.

I think Pete is the best Kate can do. He is a mess, but is truly talented. Kate is a mess too, but a very stylish mess.

My next gigs- Stones (2/1) & BRMC (2/20)

Have you bought Down In Albion yet? It's patchy, but there are some good moments too!

January 24th, 2006 02:40 PM
Factory Girl Hey Honky Tonk Man,

Is it available in US?
January 24th, 2006 03:04 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey Honky Tonk Man,

Is it available in US?

Yes, you can purchase it on amazon.com. There seems to be a few versions with differing prices, but there’s one on there for $13. They're all the same. Honestly, it's worth getting. It's very different to the Libertines, as you know from the CD I sent you.
January 24th, 2006 03:49 PM
Factory Girl .

Babyshambles has a very raw sound, its all that smack. They kind of have an Alice In Chains vibe...smack.
January 25th, 2006 02:14 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Babyshambles has a very raw sound, its all that smack. They kind of have an Alice In Chains vibe...smack.

Yeah, I agree. Babyshambles have an extremely raw sound. In fact, Down In Albion is a little TOO raw. So many of the tracks sound like demos. It really is one of those records which with a little more attention to detail and a few of the tunes scrapped, could've been a much, much better release. There are a few numbers on there that'll leave you scratching you're head with bemusement. I'd defiantly say get it, because chances are, it'll be a LONG time before you get anything else from the group and like I said before, it does have some fine moments.
January 25th, 2006 01:31 PM
Factory Girl Hey HT Man,

DIA is available in US 1/31/06. I hope I can find it.

FG!
January 26th, 2006 08:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I don't think that was Pete Doherty. He's currently on bail and there’s no way he'd be able to leave the country. Apparently Kate Moss has a new boyfriend now and gasp... he looks like a rock star too!

Gazza saw him at the Ronnie gig in London last year. He asked Doherty for a photo, but he denied who he was!

LOL...I asked him for the photo specifically for Factory Girl, 'cos I knew she'd appreciate it - wasn't for me, personally as he doesn't mean anything to me.

He did indeed deny who he was...now I think of it, maybe he didnt KNOW who he was!
January 26th, 2006 10:33 AM
Factory Girl LOL, Pete's grasp on reality is not very firm.

But, he is very talented.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)