ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Music Hall, Omaha, NE - June 13, 1964
© World Herald Photos with thanks to Li'l Brian!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG, NYC January 18, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 19th, 2006 11:06 AM
pdog I'm Coming!!!
January 19th, 2006 11:08 AM
Joey
quote:
moy wrote:

[Edited by moy]

My Baby sure looks Beautiful TONIGHT !!!!

Outstanding Photos ..... Thanks moy
January 19th, 2006 11:11 AM
glencar Oh wow!Now THAT'S what I call music! I'd never seen Love Is Strong before & it was a delight. The rest of the show was great too except for the Keith set which was kind of ragged. Ronnie did some odd jam on SMU which made it interesting. The pre-party was great. The Stout's bar was large enough for however many we had in the group. 25 or so, I think. The opening act I saw for 2 songs which were actually just mood music but pleasant enough. Oddly, at the end they just ran off stage. Mick didn't even mention them later on which he usually does.

The set list was amazing as much for what they dropped off as for what they put in. It was nice to not here YGMR. It was really nice to hear Worried About You. I'd seen it in Las Vegas in 2002 but Mick seemed more confident this time. I wish I hadn't seen that note about them practicing Sway last night. I'll expect it on Fryday night's show & I'll be sooooo disappointed if it doesn't happen. Now it's off to Maxy's for more "greeting."
January 19th, 2006 11:12 AM
glencar "What a group - how many can you name?"

Ooh, pick me!
January 19th, 2006 11:18 AM
scope Hey Voodoo, this is for you. As promised, you were in our thoughts. And then I came up with this brilliant idea (okay, not sure how many beers I had when I thought of it). Since I was going to be right at thee edge of the B-Stage on Keiths side, I decided to show him the RO Tee shirt and then throw it at him. I barely caught his attention, and Daryl actually picked it up and put it by Charlies bass drum. I was hoping to see it on Keith during the encore - Hey a guy can dream right? - but it didn't happen. Oh well, there's alwways Friday.

So, if anyone out there saw some crazy guy screaming at Keithh and throwing a tee shirt at him, you now know who I am
January 19th, 2006 11:22 AM
Saint Sway thats a bad ass shot!!! One more for my office wall! Thanks Throbby!

I was right in front of the b-stage. Excellent time!

quote:
throbby wrote:
FUCKIN'A! GLIMMER TWINS '06

[Edited by Saint Sway]
January 19th, 2006 11:48 AM
FPM C10 NY POST:

January 19, 2006 -- MADISON Square Garden entered the Stone Age last night, when Mick Jagger and the boys fired up the second leg of their "Bigger Bang Tour."
After more than 40 years in the spotlight the Rolling Stones played a near perfect gig that showcased all of their strengths.

Jagger was limber and sounded great. He was a study in confidence and swagger.

The concert opened with "Jumping Jack Flash" and eased into "Let's Spend the Night Together," letting the crowd know the boys were ready to party.

As much credit as you want to give the Stones as an ensemble act, Jagger was the star. The wizened Brit was tightly wound and slowly uncoiled as the show played itself out, with two hours of classic tunes that made the geezer audience bob like teens again.

Jagger was unusually chatty and funny. He joked to the sold-out crowd that he was concerned about what he was going to do when the Stones play halftime at the Super Bowl next month. He scratched his head as if he were still wondering, then said, "I'm going to show both my t - ts."

While the band, driven by drummer Charlie Watts, was crisp from the get-go, the group seized the concert for Mick on their powerhouse version of "Midnight Rambler."

Keith Richards worked the house from the edge of the stage as his six-string partner Ronnie Wood played second guitar.

The band hit its stride with an extended version of "Rambler" and let the "Power Ride" with "Tumbling Dice." Where Richard's owned "Rambler," "Dice" belonged to Wood.

Even though this wasn't a greatest-hits concert, that was the direction the show took as it moved toward its conclusion.

"Honky Tonk Woman," followed by "Sympathy for the Devil," "Brown Sugar," and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" built up to the climax with the last song — and what the crowd felt —"Satisfaction."

Ageless wonder Mick Jagger struts his stuff at MSG last night.
Photo: Kevin Mazur/Wireimage
January 19th, 2006 12:04 PM
DAVINO looks great, may head up on friday.
January 19th, 2006 12:08 PM
glencar GOOD LUCK GETTING TIX!
January 19th, 2006 12:14 PM
Gimme Shelter Awesome pics and setlist!!!!! What a show it must have been!!! I love the STONES!!!!
January 19th, 2006 12:20 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
GOOD LUCK GETTING TIX!

section 42 is up at ticketmaster now as are others... all $450's.
January 19th, 2006 12:39 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
"What a group - how many can you name?"

Ooh, pick me!

Is that by scope?
How I wish i had been there... See ya'll tonight!!!
January 19th, 2006 12:39 PM
Angiegirl I can't see Throbby's pictures. Anyone else having that problem too?
January 19th, 2006 12:45 PM
Candace Youngblood A couple on another message board told me that they scored tics from the box office last night for $70 each and they were sitting amongst the people who paid $3-400+
January 19th, 2006 12:47 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Is that by scope?
How I wish i had been there... See ya'll tonight!!!

Yes, p-doggy! I will actually see you tomorrow. I'm going to Maxy's & then home tonight & then 2 days at the Marquis.
January 19th, 2006 12:48 PM
glencar
quote:
chevysales wrote:

section 42 is up at ticketmaster now as are others... all $450's.

Also now sec 10 is up for the same price. Tempting because it's right at the B-stage but I'll stick with my nosebleeds.
January 19th, 2006 12:59 PM
scope Glencar, check PM for today's important message
January 19th, 2006 01:18 PM
mac_daddy looks like a great time was had by all...

what a great setlist! looks like the stones machine is firing on all cylinders - how glorious!!!

i am just hoping they keep on chooglin' along nicely for the rest of the north american leg (this part is always excruciating - waiting for the stones to come rolling through my hometown, whilst others have them NOW)...

THRILLED to see the pics, read the setlists and reviews, etc.

many thanks.
January 19th, 2006 02:14 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
DAVINO wrote:
looks great, may head up on friday.

I HAVE ONE EXTRA!PM WHOEVER WANTS IT
January 19th, 2006 02:26 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
scope wrote:
What a group - how many can you name?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[Edited by scope]

I can t see my baby Egon, was he puking somewhere??
January 19th, 2006 03:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I can see Scopy, Maxy, ?y, Luxy, Throbby, Riffy, Martha, Gazza and Lady Jane, not sure about the rest

BTW, where's jaxxy, Gypsy, Egon, etc
January 19th, 2006 03:38 PM
DAVINO
quote:
glencar wrote:
GOOD LUCK GETTING TIX!

Thanks! I always had great luck getting tickets outside the Garden when I lived in NYC, I paid like $40 for each show to see the Stones in '98 3 times.

January 19th, 2006 04:30 PM
TomL Looks like a great time. See all you fuckers tomorrow......
January 19th, 2006 04:33 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:

Also now sec 10 is up for the same price. Tempting because it's right at the B-stage but I'll stick with my nosebleeds.

yes i got 2 in 96 first row off floor/aisle seats and should have waited as i got them during "first/special nite" presale thanks to members here who posted the presale code. i have alwasy had a hard time getting 2 together at garden and my daughter wanted to go see an arena show after being at hartford.

she flew back from school today and is shopping with my wife today so i along with her am physced.

is drinking age 18 in new york? i would like to FINALLY meet you all at stouts (where is it).
i don't usually do pre party as by time i get to shows i really cut it close time wise.
but would love to meet you and nellcote along with rest of crew. i did meet jb at boston sunday he really nice is a guy and i don't know but something about doing these shows with kids just works for me

weather is supposed to be real nice

January 19th, 2006 04:33 PM
Scottfree
quote:
scope wrote:
What a group - how many can you name?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[Edited by scope]

What a motley crew/crue....err wait...
January 19th, 2006 04:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I can see Scopy, Maxy, ?y, Luxy, Throbby, Riffy, Martha, Gazza and Lady Jane, not sure about the rest

BTW, where's jaxxy, Gypsy, Egon, etc

LOL Now I see jaxx between Martha and LadyJane
January 19th, 2006 05:00 PM
Lazy Bones Martha's husband, Chris, is to the left of Gazza (w/ glasses).

What a good-lookin' group!

Nice on-tap selection, too...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
January 19th, 2006 05:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl So who's in between Scope and Luxy? Who are the girls on the right of the photo? I guess the one with the bitch tee is SheRat. Am I right?
January 19th, 2006 05:12 PM
Riffhard
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
So who's in between Scope and Luxy? Who are the girls on the right of the photo? I guess the one with the bitch tee is SheRat. Am I right?

In between Scope and Luxury is the one and only Blue/glencar. The girl right over Lady Jane's left shoulder is PartyDoll MEG. The girl all the way to the right was a friend of Meg's. Forget her name. A great crowd for sure! What a blast we had. You were deeply missed Gerardo. I half expected you to pull another suprise appearance.

Riffy
January 19th, 2006 05:38 PM
nankerphelge Well I hope all y'all nutbags have a reserve liver cuz the patented nanky/TomL combo is bitin' the Big Apple big time tomorrow (maggots and all).

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)